Obama's visit to Hiroshima (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:42:55 am
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Obama's visit to Hiroshima (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's visit to Hiroshima  (Read 1662 times)
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« on: May 12, 2016, 02:17:26 pm »

The real question is why it took more than half a century for the government of Japan to apologize for the Rape of Nanking.

Or the dozens of other horrible things they did during World War II and the decades leading up to it.  I have nothing against the Japanese people, but their government and a small sector of Japanese society are seriously f***ed up and totally unapologetic about the whole affair.

And while Pearl Harbor was a legitimate military target, they still launched an unprovoked attack on the United States in order to continue their genocidal war in East Asia.  Japan was unequivocally one of the bad guys during the war.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 10:55:21 pm »

Or the dozens of other horrible things they did during World War II and the decades leading up to it.  I have nothing against the Japanese people, but their government and a small sector of Japanese society are seriously f***ed up and totally unapologetic about the whole affair.
The problem is partly because of Japan's educational system (which is even worse than the Chinese at teaching regional history) but also because of Japanese culture, which is probably less compatible with Western values than any other culture in the world. I attended a class at an Israeli university a few years ago which explained how far isolated Japan was relative to other cultures, although the professor said Israeli culture was also an outlier. To the Japanese, apologizing and reaching out to their neighbors (especially Korea) to reconcile is too humiliating to even think about. For us, we see their inaction as even more humiliating.

The cultural and moral incompatibility is one reason why I think we in the West cannot ever consider Japan to be a friend.

Bigoted ignorance, as displayed in your response, is one reason why I think we Asians cannot ever consider the white race to be a friend.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies