Opinion of Rfayette (read quote before answering)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:18:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Rfayette (read quote before answering)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Is he a freedom fighter or a horrible person (read quote before answering)
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Opinion of Rfayette (read quote before answering)  (Read 4718 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2016, 06:08:42 PM »

FF.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2016, 06:40:39 PM »

Here's the thing, though... if you're a person of Mexican descent who lives in the United States, that's obviously because you believe that the United States is a better country the Mexico*;

No, there are many Americans who happen to live in other countries but don't consider the United States inferior to those countries. I find it bizarre that you would assume this.

Why would you immigrate to a country that you consider worse than the one you just left?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This doesn't even follow, and it's particularly bizarre in the context of the United States, seeing as that its history of immigration is well known and recognized.[/quote]

If you do believe that the country you live in is better than the one you left, you would want to keep it that way.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No?
[/quote]

God wouldn't reward the countries that do his will?
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2016, 07:10:34 PM »

He's a top five poster tbqh fam.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2016, 09:51:00 PM »

He's not bad, but his political opinions are getting disturbingly close to the alt-right.

I honestly liked him when he was an evangelical.
The Last Northerner

« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2016, 03:02:37 AM »

Horrible politics for promoting a poll tax and Christian fundamentalism.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2016, 07:05:10 PM »

I don't think he's supported both simultaneously, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he just hid the alt right stuff "to evangelize better" or whatever.

But yeah, he's continually supported identity politics. First Christian identity, now Republican identity (maybe even white identity, although that's a hefty accusation to raise at someone). He needs to learn that the individual is where power is derived from, not the collective, and base his positions off of individual rights, not gaming the system or imposing views on others for the sake of his collective.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2016, 09:39:07 PM »

Anyway, I care for neither the feelings nor the opinions of racist scum.  May all of them suffer an excruciatingly painful end, along with their enablers and apologists.

Imprecation-making is among the most advanced expressions of terminal self-righteousness.  Please seek help while there's still time.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2016, 11:16:27 PM »

I don't think he's supported both simultaneously, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he just hid the alt right stuff "to evangelize better" or whatever.

But yeah, he's continually supported identity politics. First Christian identity, now Republican identity (maybe even white identity, although that's a hefty accusation to raise at someone). He needs to learn that the individual is where power is derived from, not the collective, and base his positions off of individual rights, not gaming the system or imposing views on others for the sake of his collective.

The irony here is that as a Big-L libertarian, you've embraced an implicitly white ideology and made it an integral part of your personality. 
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2016, 05:30:58 AM »

What is he now? I stopped caring.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »

That makes me like him more.

Irony, obviously.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »

Massive FF. I wish he still held fundamentalist views, but I still like him a lot.

There is nothing wrong with his desire to ban Muslim immigration. Muslim immigrants in Europe generally show nothing but contempt for their host countries (and their laws, for that matter). Also, it is completely hypocritical of Muslims to complain about the West supposedly being ''racist'' and ''Islamophobic'' towards them, given how poorly they treat non-Muslims in countries where they make up a majority. Generally speaking, non-Muslims in mostly Muslim countries face way more hostility than Muslims in the West do.

Muslims have a long history of trying to destroy Western civilization. They tried to take over Europe numerous times (and it can be argued that they're still trying to). Muslim invasions of Europe actually outnumber Crusader invasions of Muslim territory throughout history. There was even a time when North African Muslims took Europeans as slaves. When you look at these things combined with how a lot of them act when visiting Western countries today, it's not hard to understand why some people in the West might not want Muslim immigration.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2016, 12:19:55 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2016, 12:21:29 PM by Virginia »

Massive FF. I wish he still held fundamentalist views, but I still like him a lot.

There is nothing wrong with his desire to ban Muslim immigration. Muslim immigrants in Europe generally show nothing but contempt for their host countries (and their laws, for that matter). Also, it is completely hypocritical of Muslims to complain about the West supposedly being ''racist'' and ''Islamophobic'' towards them, given how poorly they treat non-Muslims in countries where they make up a majority. Generally speaking, non-Muslims in mostly Muslim countries face way more hostility than Muslims in the West do.

Muslims have a long history of trying to destroy Western civilization. They tried to take over Europe numerous times (and it can be argued that they're still trying to). Muslim invasions of Europe actually outnumber Crusader invasions of Muslim territory throughout history. There was even a time when North African Muslims took Europeans as slaves. When you look at these things combined with how a lot of them act when visiting Western countries today, it's not hard to understand why some people in the West might not want Muslim immigration.

Leave history out of this. Western civilizations have no high ground in that regard.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies