Opinion of Rfayette (read quote before answering) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:26:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Rfayette (read quote before answering) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is he a freedom fighter or a horrible person (read quote before answering)
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Opinion of Rfayette (read quote before answering)  (Read 4698 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: May 10, 2016, 04:44:41 PM »

Just a child who will, in all likelihood, see things through eventually.  Though I question if it would be more appropriate to blame the education system for that unfortunate post.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 02:35:18 AM »

There are ways to disapprove of Islam without being a racist ass and telling a Muslim that he should be banned from the country.

1. Islam is not a race.
2. Xahar lives in the USA already, so I'm not saying he should be banned from the country.
3.  Wanting to control immigration levels of those of a certain belief system isn't "racist."  It's just looking at what's happened to parts of Germany, Belgium, and France, and responding accordingly.  Sharia Now is a major political party in Brussels.  I don't want that to happen in America.  Nothing racist about that.

"Major" = 2% of the vote in Brussels? (Assuming you're talking about the ISlam Party, not 'shariah now').

And yes, Islam is not a race. Neither are Catholics, but we recognise in retrospect that the panic about subversive papists was racist blather.

I have no problem with Arab Christians emigrating to the US.  So explain how opposing Muslim immigration makes me a racist?

Jesus.  You really don't get it, do you.

I'll try and make this as easy as possible for you to comprehend.  Religion is more than just a mutual set of beliefs and values; it is, quite significantly, harmonic with race: an integral part of a person's identity.  It is one of the very first aspects of culture that human beings are exposed to along with their race.  And it should go without saying that for, well, most people, one's faith is far more important to them than their race.

And I understand that this is obviously harder to appreciate for someone born into a developed society that more or less shares their values - as I believe you were.

So, are you a "racist" because you oppose Muslim immigration?  Technically, by that account, no.  But the fact that religion is malleable, and race is not, does not give you a free pass to impose religious litmus tests.  Because, as with racism, you are instituting something that inevitably separates a person from their culture and you are using that marker to disparage them or treat them as something less than a human being.

In short: you're really just thinking along the same lines as a racist.  Which makes you no better.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 05:25:36 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2016, 05:28:55 PM by ascott »

Rfayette, at this point, I don't think there's anything left that will change your mind save for a few years of growing up and stepping outside your little bubble.  Until that happens, I'll leave you with a couple of things to consider:

1. America is not becoming "Islamized"; Muslims do not have any structural power in this country obviously compared to that of Christian racists (as others have pointed out)
2. Statistically, you are more likely to be the victim of domestic terror attacks than foreign jihadists
3. I am frankly not fond of seeing my religion hijacked by the likes of you or people who hold such vile theological views that have forced their destructive beliefs onto society and through our code of law.  Regardless, no one with any real power or influence is calling for fundamentalist Christians to be dehumanized the same way you desire for Muslims to be dehumanized.  You are not the victim here.  And if you feel personally insulted by someone here or on AAD, you have the freedom to ignore that person or walk away - something I had learned after multiple disputes with certain users (one that actually impacted my personal privacy, I might add, but that's another story).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies