Opinion of Rfayette (read quote before answering) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:57:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Rfayette (read quote before answering) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is he a freedom fighter or a horrible person (read quote before answering)
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Opinion of Rfayette (read quote before answering)  (Read 4740 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: May 11, 2016, 05:30:10 AM »
« edited: May 11, 2016, 05:38:52 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Also, isn't it amazing that supporting the same position as the main leader of one of the two major political parties in the United States now gets you branded as some evil monster?  

That being said, I think Xahar is fundamentally a good person.  I don't think poorly of all Muslims, as much as I dislike the religion and what it stands for.  We disagree strongly on many issues, but I want to make it clear that I do not hate him.  He can hate me, and that is fine.

Adolf Hitler was the main leader of the chief political force in Weimar-era Germany in the 1930s and, yes, anyone who was a supporter of his was, in all likelihood, an evil monster who is responsible for the Holocaust. There's hardly any difference between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler. Trump celebrates torture, touts military solutions to diplomatic solutions, supports mass population transfers for the sake of maintaining purity, believes in a "stab in the back myth" in which a small clique of politicians/elites are responsible for the downfall of America etc. Trump, like Hitler, is a lunatic who has a number of mental disorders.

So yes, I hate you. I hate fascists. I've hated most Republicans for most of my life as well; they were the kids who called me a beaner and taunted me by calling me a "fence hopper" and asking if "my mom was an illegal". Your kind promotes a deeply disturbed worldview in which it is perfectly acceptable to demean and debase immigrants and their children for having the deeply discourteous desire to maintain cultural traditions or to fly the flag of their native country. Further, your kind promotes a deeply disturbed worldview in which Muslims refugees are clearly worth less than Christian refugees and where universal human rights are, in fact, privileges for those who had the good luck to be born with white skin in a European state or a state founded by European settlers. All of these tendencies of Republicans are opinions grounded in corrupted moral values that are chosen, not given by others, so I feel quite confident in saying that I hate most Republicans, without question and I feel no shame about this. If this makes me a bigot, so be it. I have no interest in being friendly towards someone who has decided, out of their own volition, that it is a praiseworthy act to trash a faith of one billion people without a basis or cause that goes deeper than some moronic rhetoric emanating from Stormfront or /pol/.

None of this even mentions the fact that you've repeatedly exalted yourself as some sort of Galt-like figure who deserves to make millions while the poor live miserable existences because, in your view, they are inferior to you. Clearly, you need help and treatment for your asberger's friend. As it turns out, systematically insulting entire classes of people is a bad way to "Make Friends and Influence People". It's, generally speaking, a bad practice to advocate for steep immigration barriers on the basis of the inferiority and danger posed by immigrants, which insinuates that immigrants and their children are inferior to you!

I have some advice: seriously consider why you have a tendency to get sucked into cults. First, it was some wingnut Evangelical group. Now, it is a fascist mass movement. What's next, joining the Church of Scientology? Ask yourself why extremism is so compelling to you and why you feel the need to lash out at liberal institutions that have treated you so well. I, myself, have clear causes and answers for why I am "on the left" and I am open to discussing why they are related to intimate facts about my life. It is okay to do this. You do not need to discuss them on a public forum but it might be worth doing for your own sake. There's something very unhealthy about your forum behavior and how you manage to act in a very toxic manner on a regular basis!
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 04:31:47 PM »

Your kind promotes a deeply disturbed worldview in which it is perfectly acceptable to demean and debase immigrants and their children for having the deeply discourteous desire to maintain cultural traditions or to fly the flag of their native country.

Here's the thing, though... if you're a person of Mexican descent who lives in the United States, that's obviously because you believe that the United States is a better country the Mexico*; so, why wouldn't you do everything in your power to assimilate to the country that you yourself (implicitly if not explicitly) recognize as superior?

I don't ask this in a snarky or condescending manner, by the way: as someone whose last immigrant ancestors came to this country around the turn of the twentieth century, I'm interested in seeing the outlook of those more in-touch with the immigrant experience.

*Incidentally, this line of thinking can be employed as a theological argument: If the God that Muhammad preached about really were the author of human history, wouldn't people from Christian countries be begging to immigrate to Muslim countries, not the other way around?

I am not particularly representative of Mexican immigrants but, what I can tell you, is that most Mexican immigrants are not of the opinion that "America is superior". They tend to think that it offers more economic opportunities and, perhaps, a higher quality of life but they do not think that America is superior. Generally speaking, immigration is an economic phenomenon so it's not much of a surprise that immigrants tend to resist assimilation. It's their children that assimilate or who are integrated into American or Canadian or British or French society; the parents rarely do so.

Anyways, my general response to sentiments like these is to say "what I do in the privacy of my home is none of your business". Further, who I am friends with is none of your business and the language that I choose to speak in with my friends is none of your business.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies