Republicans Only: Are you part of the #RepublicansforHillary movement?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:20:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Republicans Only: Are you part of the #RepublicansforHillary movement?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Skip
Yes

No

Undecided - leaning yes

Undecided - leaning no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Republicans Only: Are you part of the #RepublicansforHillary movement?  (Read 1981 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 10:23:19 PM »

I'm getting to that point. The damage Trump would do to the conservative movement by losing pales in comparison to the damage he would do by winning.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »

No. Northeast Trump cross-over voter. I have little confidence in Hillary, I have none in Bernie (what political reality is he living in?). I'm viscerally repelled by the likes of Ted Cruz. Trump is saying things that need to be said, more power to him. Smiley
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 11:03:07 PM »

Absolutely not. Trump is probably the only chance to make the GOP more populist to my liking instead of being globalist neocons like they have been.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 11:06:54 PM »

No. Northeast Trump cross-over voter. I have little confidence in Hillary, I have none in Bernie (what political reality is he living in?). I'm viscerally repelled by the likes of Ted Cruz. Trump is saying things that need to be said, more power to him. Smiley

you're seriously supporting Trump? Shocked
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 11:19:23 PM »

Yes, definitely.  The country and the Republican party will be better off if she wins.  It's understandably hard for most people to pivot after 24 years of anti-Hillary vitriol, though.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 12:07:01 AM »

I'm undecided between Johnson and Hillary (depending on whether or not it looks on Election Day as though Trump will have a chance), so I voted undecided leaning yes. I still totally identify as a member of the Republican Party, and intend to vote for my Republican members of Congress.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 12:11:34 AM »

I'm undecided between Johnson and Hillary (depending on whether or not it looks on Election Day as though Trump will have a chance), so I voted undecided leaning yes. I still totally identify as a member of the Republican Party, and intend to vote for my Republican members of Congress.

Yeah I'm still going to be voting R down ballot, just not top of the ticket
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 12:12:01 AM »

Nah. I highly doubt I will be living in a battleground state on election day, so there is no reason for me not to vote libertarian.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 11:55:15 AM »

Hell no, and this is the reason Hillary will not win in a landslide in any normal scenario. Odds are most Republicans who hate Trump hate Clinton even more. Atlas Forum isn't exactly a good representation of that, in fact its about as good as polling Fairfax County Republicans.

As a Fairfax County Republican, I can agree with that. This county did vote for Rubio in a landslide after all...
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 12:33:33 PM »

you're seriously supporting Trump? Shocked

See, I'm more "the proof is in the pudding" than the party I naturally default to. He's got a good chance to get my vote in the GE if - if he stays clear of Bush and mainline format conservatism and continues to impart a more protectionist message (coupled with general non-intervention, which is a big thing for me and which few espouse) aimed at restoring the middle class backbone of the country. I love - just love that he has bucked the system in every way and has found success. He might be the only person I have ever seen beat "city hall." If that changes, my support of him is very unlikely to continue.

I also find myself generally disappointed in Obama; the past four years seem not to have given us anything other than lip service and posing. I'd definitely support a left/Dem version of Trump (maybe someone from sports or entertainment), and hope to be able to sometime, which of course is not Bernie. Someone with a different perspective on possible solutions to the vast array of problems the country faces.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2016, 12:38:26 PM »

Hell no, and this is the reason Hillary will not win in a landslide in any normal scenario. Odds are most Republicans who hate Trump hate Clinton even more. Atlas Forum isn't exactly a good representation of that, in fact its about as good as polling Fairfax County Republicans.

As a Fairfax County Republican, I can agree with that. This county did vote for Rubio in a landslide after all...

And this party desperately needs more Fairfax County types and not more Trump supporters who are slowly ruining the entire economic backbone of this party because the Democrats are too enlightened on social issues for their liking.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 12:38:53 PM »

Absolutely not. Trump is probably the only chance to make the GOP more populist to my liking instead of being globalist neocons like they have been.

And God willing, he will fail.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »

Ah, the hard core conservatives are here, feel free to call me a RINO for not supporting TRUMP, the guy actively demonizing my people...at least I have my sanity.

Trump is not demonizing your people. Unless you consider ISIS to be your people.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2016, 01:58:17 PM »

Yes, definitely.  The country and the Republican party will be better off if she wins.  It's understandably hard for most people to pivot after 24 years of anti-Hillary vitriol, though.

No. The country will be doomed if she wins. There is no recovery from her despotic rule.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2016, 04:02:34 PM »

Explain
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2016, 06:24:11 PM »

You spelled "principle" wrong (a "principal" is a school administrator).
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 12:59:37 AM »

Hell No. #NeverHillary
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 05:49:43 AM »

I like globalist neocons...

Anyways, no. She'd be better than Tiny Hands, but that'snot saying a lot. I still can't stomach voting for her. I'll be waiting for an anti-Trump true Republican ticket. If that doesn't happen, I'll vote Libertarian.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies