The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:08:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next  (Read 39037 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: December 01, 2016, 12:23:43 PM »

Writing the end of turn, and boy, are we in for some surprises. Without revealing much, at least a player is reach an end game.

Well, RIP me. FF.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #676 on: December 01, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2016, 01:10:23 PM by Dereich »

Writing the end of turn, and boy, are we in for some surprises. Without revealing much, at least a player is reach an end game.

Well, RIP me. FF.

RIP Envir Pasha, little did he know all the Sultan's poetry was full of coded messages calling for a coup.

RIP the Japanese Government, assassinated by radical pacifist republicans in the Navy.

RIP Chaing Kai-Shek, taken out by Neo-Boxers angry at his overtly pro-European policies.

RIP President de la Rocque, lost his election to a leftist poet (actually Julian Besteiro in a wig.)

RIP Alexander Kerensky, it turns out the Tsar really DID prefer Kolchak and was waiting to kill you like the traitor-rebel you were.

RIP Churchill, fell asleep during peace negotiations so often a diplomat offed him out of spite.

RIP FDR, throw out of office after repealing MacArthur's sensible and popular economic plans was just too much for the army to handle.

RIP Victor Emmanuel III, usually the Pope believes in non-violence...but for you he made a special exception.

RIP Von Papen, dead after crack Bulgarian troops easily invaded Germany and captured Berlin just before the ceasefire took hold.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #677 on: December 01, 2016, 01:26:59 PM »

Well, RIP me. FF.

RIP Envir Pasha, little did he know all the Sultan's poetry was full of coded messages calling for a coup.

RIP the Japanese Government, assassinated by radical pacifist republicans in the Navy.

RIP Chaing Kai-Shek, taken out by Neo-Boxers angry at his overtly pro-European policies.

RIP President de la Rocque, lost his election to a leftist poet (actually Julian Besteiro in a wig.)

RIP Alexander Kerensky, it turns out the Tsar really DID prefer Kolchak and was waiting to kill you like the traitor-rebel you were.

RIP Churchill, fell asleep during peace negotiations so often a diplomat offed him out of spite.

RIP FDR, throw out of office after repealing MacArthur's sensible and popular economic plans was just too much for the army to handle.

RIP Victor Emmanuel III, usually the Pope believes in non-violence...but for you he made a special exception.

RIP Von Papen, dead after crack Bulgarian troops easily invaded Germany and captured Berlin just before the ceasefire took hold.
I'm worried at hell lol
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #678 on: December 01, 2016, 01:51:32 PM »

This may be somebody we least expect!

I'm looking at you XXXX
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #679 on: December 01, 2016, 02:05:29 PM »

Still a few hours to go as I'm in class and I just had to redo parts of the world map, but dice rolls have determined two players have reached the end game.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #680 on: December 01, 2016, 02:07:50 PM »

Still a few hours to go as I'm in class and I just had to redo parts of the world map, but dice rolls have determined two players have reached the end game.

Oh dear.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #681 on: December 01, 2016, 02:43:18 PM »

The suspense is killing us.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #682 on: December 01, 2016, 02:55:02 PM »

Could you tell us who has lost?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #683 on: December 01, 2016, 06:24:40 PM »

I deeply suspect one is me. An election will likely be called.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #684 on: December 01, 2016, 06:42:42 PM »

RIP Me probs. I had so many good plans this turn, but has irl stuffadoodles. Maybe I can convince someone to use them. Good game folks!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #685 on: December 01, 2016, 11:14:45 PM »

I apologize for my white lie, it was actually three playes determined to their end game. My congratulations to Kingpoleon, NeverAgain and SouthernGothic on their hard work so far, and my personal thanks for taking the time to play the game until now.

This means China, Italy and the UK are open now, although we can start the turn with only the UK if needed be. Since they were deposed, assassinated and arrested (respectively), the three players are not allowed to re-enter as their old countries (unless someone has played them and lost or retired first). They can rejoin as a different country than the ones they played, but I will give priority to new players if there's any.

So I'll leave until Sunday for new players, and then we can begin Early 1930.

And spoiler alert, there's another shock for you at the opening of that turn.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #686 on: December 01, 2016, 11:20:45 PM »

I apologize for my white lie, it was actually three playes determined to their end game. My congratulations to Kingpoleon, NeverAgain and SouthernGothic on their hard work so far, and my personal thanks for taking the time to play the game until now.

This means China, Italy and the UK are open now, although we can start the turn with only the UK if needed be. Since they were deposed, assassinated and arrested (respectively), the three players are not allowed to re-enter as their old countries (unless someone has played them and lost or retired first). They can rejoin as a different country than the ones they played, but I will give priority to new players if there's any.

At this point I have to assume you're going to start the turn by killing off another couple of players.

I just want to note that with the exceptions of the USA and France, all players are now representing the first minister to an Emperor. With the exception of China, all the major Empires are well run and popular governments on the rise.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #687 on: December 01, 2016, 11:24:29 PM »

At this point I have to assume you're going to start the turn by killing off another couple of players.

I just want to note that with the exceptions of the USA and France, all players are now representing the first minister to an Emperor. With the exception of China, all the major Empires are well run and popular governments on the rise.

Lol, no, I can confirm it won't be that. This turn was bizarre in that it included the conditions (and the dice rolls) to take away a large number of players, but it's actually the outcome of a player action that's coming to light.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #688 on: December 01, 2016, 11:26:43 PM »

Lol, no, I can confirm it won't be that. This turn was bizarre in that it included the conditions (and the dice rolls) to take away a large number of players, but it's actually the outcome of a player action that's coming to light.

If you can say now, is it a player who is actually still in the game?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #689 on: December 01, 2016, 11:58:27 PM »

As I said. Good game folks. If anyone wants some sexilicious things to test out in your economy, PM me.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #690 on: December 02, 2016, 03:18:17 AM »

Lumine,
Is it me holding presidential election?

How is it really a shock?
I mean, I won it without any big problems
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #691 on: December 02, 2016, 03:21:13 AM »

And by the way,
It appears quite to me that the game has reached a "midterm".
Maybe you could write some big messages about the new position of each country ? A big update about info like in the beginning.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #692 on: December 02, 2016, 03:24:20 AM »

And by the way,
Maybe you could write some big messages about the new position of each country ? A big update about info like in the beginning.

I don't think there's a need for that myself, plus forcing that much work on Lumine probably ends the game right now.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #693 on: December 02, 2016, 03:26:59 AM »

And by the way,

I don't think there's a need for that myself, plus forcing that much work on Lumine probably ends the game right now.
Oh of course that is just a suggestion.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #694 on: December 02, 2016, 03:30:26 AM »

But honestly, is it the fact that I held elections so shocking lol?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #695 on: December 02, 2016, 04:49:42 AM »

Can I take the UK?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #696 on: December 02, 2016, 07:02:41 AM »

I didn't expect three players to fall at once.

(I told NeverAgain to stand firm on opium Sad )
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #697 on: December 02, 2016, 07:35:33 AM »

But honestly, is it the fact that I held elections so shocking lol?

For Quirinus's sake, Windjammer, it's just a comment, lol

It's meant to represent that no one expected for free elections to actually take place, because it's not something regimes like the Cross of Fire would have done historically (only very rarely does it happen). In this case, it's a "shocking" development in your benefit, since you won the election.

Yes, sir! You need to pick a Prime Minister to follow Churchill, and it has to be a Conservative.

I didn't expect three players to fall at once.

(I told NeverAgain to stand firm on opium Sad )

If it wasn't for the opium, I think NeverAgain would have survived the rolls, he did get the symbolic win of Hong Kong. But when I saw the opium trade was in the agreement like that I almost gasped.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #698 on: December 02, 2016, 07:36:19 AM »

It is, certainly.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #699 on: December 02, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »

Quick question: did the opium fell me too?

Kalwejt, I thought it seemed very strange, and I did encourage NeverAgain to SECRETLY send it to other countries. I should probably have held stronger against it. Oh well. I only regret having caused the failure of as great a man as Churchill.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies