The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:13:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next  (Read 39377 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: May 13, 2016, 05:44:59 PM »
« edited: May 13, 2016, 05:52:45 PM by Justice windjammer »

Could I play France please?

EDIT: damnit, I didnt notice Spamage's post, although he hasnt explicitly sait he was going to take France  he was just hypothetical.
Well, just to say I have studied a lot about this era in France and I would have many ideas but this is your call Lumine, and Spamage.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 11:07:14 AM »

Another possibility is limiting a number of such states. Like Austria being annexed by Germany, Tyrol by Italy and formation of Yugoslavia. But that's all up to Lumine.

Maybe German-speaking Austria (so OTL Austria minus the Burgenland but plus South Tyrol & Sudetenland) could really have joined Germany, if there was a A-H breakup? Since there was no Treaty of Versailles, no one could have prohibited it, and the Austrian populace would have been 90% in favour of that...
Wouldn't it empower Germany too much though?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 01:32:46 PM »

Regarding France,
I don't think a new "Restauration" would be likely. The "republic" issue was settled  since the end of the XIXth century. However, what would have likely happened is the rise of a populist rightwing dictator, like Boulanger, basically a fascist. Probably antisemite (Dreyfus happened not a long time ago), although nothing compared with Hitler. Extremely germanophobic obviously.

So I should play a random dictator bellicist etc etc. If this monarchy or not, it shouldn't affect really the game.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 03:30:05 PM »

Great job Lumine!
What the hell happened to Russia? Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 03:41:05 PM »

By the way Lumine,
I think France would have lost much more colonies after a defeat with Germany, but that's your call.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »

By the way Lumine,
I think France would have lost much more colonies after a defeat with Germany, but that's your call.

They did lose virtually everything, they got to keep Algeria and Northern Africa because defeat was not total and the British were able to put pressure to prevent further loss. Who will you play as, by the way?

Update: World building is growing large, so I can adventure we'll have several threads for this (perhaps by continents). Chances are I'll put a NO WAR rule among players for the first few turns so we can balance things out and let the scenario grow.

If the game was being played during the 1880's, I would have said Georges Boulanger, and if it was during the 1930's, François de La Rocque, but there wasn't any "major rightwing fascist populist" during this period of the game. So I think that should be a fictional fascist guy or something like that.

Is it going to be a Republic or a monarchy?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 03:54:35 PM »

By the way Lumine,

They did lose virtually everything, they got to keep Algeria and Northern Africa because defeat was not total and the British were able to put pressure to prevent further loss. Who will you play as, by the way?

Update: World building is growing large, so I can adventure we'll have several threads for this (perhaps by continents). Chances are I'll put a NO WAR rule among players for the first few turns so we can balance things out and let the scenario grow.

If the game was being played during the 1880's, I would have said Georges Boulanger, and if it was during the 1930's, François de La Rocque, but there wasn't any "major rightwing fascist populist" during this period of the game. So I think that should be a fictional fascist guy or something like that.

Is it going to be a Republic or a monarchy?

I believe you could have de La Rocque rising to prominence earlier.
Oh yes, this is 20 years after,
So Colonel de la Rocques.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 03:55:51 PM »

So I will play de La Rocque.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 05:46:37 PM »

^^^^
Only Oldiesfreak was a worst player than him...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 12:06:29 PM »

Lumine, if you need anything, do not hesitate to PM me.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 12:21:55 PM »

Regarding Italy, if I remember correctly, Mussolini made a deal with the pope during the 1920's. Of course he didnt respect most of his deal with the Pope. But a compromise between what Lumine and what SouthernGothic wants could be a better deal for the pope that Italt would have respecter?
For example, the Pope being the "governor" of the  region of Rome and having a say in italian policies? I honestly this is a plausible scebario considering how much italians wanted to reconcile with the pope.

As you wish Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 06:17:08 AM »

Okay... some things I'll need to answer too and I will, but I have about 100 different PM's, so do be patient.

I propose we should all agree to cease making new posts and sending new PMs for now.
I m fine with that.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 07:47:54 PM »

Turn closed.

Great work, everyone! I'll be working on the end of turn and Turn 2 as we speak, stay tuned for a few surprises.
I hate the surprises lol.

(Good luck)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 05:42:39 PM »

Great job Lumine!
Are you going to post something else before the beginning of Turn 2 and we can start sending PMs? Cheesy
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 10:54:39 AM »

I'm waiting on a few PM responses myself before I do anything further
^^
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 02:10:04 PM »

My classmates decided to go on strike despite the university as a whole saying no, so I've spent some time trying to control my anger. Results will come, after I've calmed myself down.
I'm sorry for you, hopefully nothing bad will happen to you.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »

If I may make a suggestion to make the game running more efficient. Let's institute a time frame during which posters may post or send PMs, so Lumine can have additional time just to focus on processing things.
^^^^^^
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 05:24:01 PM »

(I hate to be an asshole, but you guys know what I want to say Tongue )

I know, xD

Sorry, really, but yesterday afternoon I had the bright idea to look at the BBC coverage of the EU Referendum... and I ended up watching 12 hours straight of insanity.

Good news and bad news!

The good news is that I'm working on results and they will be up, along with foreign reactions. The bad news is that I'm taking a trip tomorrow, to a place where I don't have internet access... so I'll be back on Thursday/Friday at the latest. The game won't be suspended, so feel free to post and send moves for the second war phase, but I won't be online from tomorrow morning on.
Take your time Lumine,
You're doing a fantastic job!!!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »

Personally I won't send any PMs until Lumine is back, I don't want him to have 100 new messages. Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 02:42:56 PM »

Also, we have a problem.

This is evolving into a complicated war, and not having the UK and Italy is significantly making things harder for me (and  probsbly for some players too). We need players for those countries ASAP, or I might have to suspend for a few days if we lack them as the turn evolves or ends.
For the UK why not Spamage???
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 04:00:49 PM »

Also, we have a problem.

This is evolving into a complicated war, and not having the UK and Italy is significantly making things harder for me (and  probsbly for some players too). We need players for those countries ASAP, or I might have to suspend for a few days if we lack them as the turn evolves or ends.
For the UK why not Spamage???

You're that eager to defeat Spain? Tongue

He'd be a natural candidate, though. If he's eliminated, give him the UK and make Spain non-playable (my main concern was always that we have just too much PCs).

But, of course, let him fight back.
Let me be clear about something Tongue ,
I would be fine with Spamage being at the same time the Spanish player and the temporary english player. He was the english player during the first game and there wouldnt be any conflict of interest considering Spain has no business in the Balkans.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 12:15:38 PM »

I guess I will wait a bit before sending my orders, to see what happens with Italy Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »

Oh great powerful Pole, maketh my life whole!
Oh wonderful Kalwejt, make my soul Kalbright!
Ohplease yes!!!!!

RIP The Ottoman Empire Cry
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 06:22:49 AM »

And regarding Garlan Gunter,
I'm sorry but while I believe he has many qualities, he's in war against Bulgaria as crimea right? So I can see a big conflict of interest if he plays Great Britain, considering it is the only country not to have given their decision in the Balkan conflict. I'm sure he would mean well just to be clear, but if it is possible, I would prefer Spamage because he has absolutely no interest in the Balkans as the spanish player.

But as you wish, and I hope you understand my point of you.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 06:31:11 AM »

Look, whatever you decide, I think we should move with the turn once France and Italy send their orders. We don't have stuff from absent Britain and America, but we can't wait forever.
I refuse, sorry. Great Britain is too important not to be played.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies