If Trump wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:03:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Trump wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: If Trump wins  (Read 1998 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2016, 06:41:24 PM »

Sanders wasn't attacked because of his pro gun stance. But, the flood gated would have opened on his single payer health proposal.

All he would need to do is remind people of what we once had.

Don't try to debate Da-Jon. Trust me on this.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »

Mind it, I do not believe Clinton is the best general election candidate that Dems could have nominated (if we go back 2 years ago). It is just that Sanders would be worse. Cuomo, for instance, would have been a much better bet.

Cuomo? He's painfully corrupt.

We have a very different definition of what corruption means. And he is both a good politician and a good statesman. Still hope to see him elected president some day.

Heh, that'll never happen.

If Hillary (who was once the most popular politician in the country) had this many problems with the left, Cuomo would be DOA. And the Dems are only going to keep moving left as the years go by. Being a man is the only advantage he'd have over her, as the sexist and misogynist internet echo chamber wouldn't be quite as loud in its condemnation of him. But that'll only take him so far. He has none of her goodwill, name recognition, and nothing close to matching her political machine.

If Hillary never ran and Cuomo did this year, he'd probably have been the Democratic version of Jeb Bush.

White men are a very small part of the Democratic party and are pretty unimportant in the primary at this point
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 09:11:12 PM »

Mind it, I do not believe Clinton is the best general election candidate that Dems could have nominated (if we go back 2 years ago). It is just that Sanders would be worse. Cuomo, for instance, would have been a much better bet.

Cuomo? He's painfully corrupt.

We have a very different definition of what corruption means. And he is both a good politician and a good statesman. Still hope to see him elected president some day.

Heh, that'll never happen.

If Hillary (who was once the most popular politician in the country) had this many problems with the left, Cuomo would be DOA. And the Dems are only going to keep moving left as the years go by. Being a man is the only advantage he'd have over her, as the sexist and misogynist internet echo chamber wouldn't be quite as loud in its condemnation of him. But that'll only take him so far. He has none of her goodwill, name recognition, and nothing close to matching her political machine.

If Hillary never ran and Cuomo did this year, he'd probably have been the Democratic version of Jeb Bush.

White men are a very small part of the Democratic party and are pretty unimportant in the primary at this point

But they dominate the media and the internet.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2016, 09:26:43 PM »

No offense ag, but I think you are painfully out of touch with American politics. The Republican Party will never be a remotely "left-wing" party; it remains staunchly opposed to unions and the welfare state. It's actually gone further off of the "deep end" on these issues. Unless you believe that free trade and financial deregulation are "left vs. right" issues (they are not), there's no evidence that the GOP will move to the left on any issue nor is there any evidence that the Democratic Party will move to the right on any issue. I suppose that it's quite likely that the Democratic Party might become the party of "free trade" though. I mean, it's not as if the Democratic Party was ever an "anti-trade" party anyways...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies