Hudson Block Boundary Suggestion Project (BBSP) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:12:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Hudson Block Boundary Suggestion Project (BBSP) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hudson Block Boundary Suggestion Project (BBSP)  (Read 5593 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 13, 2016, 10:36:55 AM »

There is (or might be) a foot trail from N 6th Street and Glenwood Blvd to the Middle School. It may be just a shortcut to the school. In 2010 it was used as a block boundary, splitting a block that ranged from Washington Street and Harry Howard Avenue to Oakwood Boulevard and Paddock Place. The census bureau is recommending that it not be used as a block boundary for 2020. I would consider deleting it unless it can be confirmed that it really exists.

It doesn't exist. If you really want to help me, we need just a few key cuts to suggest. I will post the ones that I really want. I need to email something out no later than Monday.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 11:20:06 AM »

Here are the few cuts that would be really helpful where I know there are geographic features to support the cuts, with the possible exception of the Hudson Terrace Apts cut.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 11:48:28 AM »

There is (or might be) a foot trail from N 6th Street and Glenwood Blvd to the Middle School. It may be just a shortcut to the school. In 2010 it was used as a block boundary, splitting a block that ranged from Washington Street and Harry Howard Avenue to Oakwood Boulevard and Paddock Place. The census bureau is recommending that it not be used as a block boundary for 2020. I would consider deleting it unless it can be confirmed that it really exists.

It doesn't exist. If you really want to help me, we need just a few key cuts to suggest. I will post the ones that I really want. I need to email something out no later than Monday.
Why not just send the shapefile?

The one that I need to download and figure out how to use?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 01:10:12 PM »

I'm not doing very well. Sad

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 02:52:25 PM »

Why not just send the shapefile?

The one that I need to download and figure out how to use?
The one I would send you.

OK, but send me something simple, with the basic changes. The footpath is really more of a closed road, and it's gravel.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 06:05:05 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2016, 06:07:36 AM by Torie »

OK, but keep it as limited as possible. I don't want to freak them out. And I need it by Monday morning at the latest. Otherwise, I will have to go with something else. We are out of time.

Oh, and send me screen shots of everything that are easy to read visually (your shots are zoomed too far out), in case this incompetent old man never figures out how to get the software going.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 06:27:10 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2016, 06:29:38 AM by Torie »

I need something emailed to me with larger areas, that gives one an idea of what you are proposing. If I don't get it, I will need to take the existing census block, and draw the lines that I really care about, and tell them, hey, at the very least do this. Pigs get fat, and hogs get slaughtered. I fear without doing what I suggest, we might end up in the hog category. I am concerned, that I may need to get the mayor's blessing to get this done, and I don't want to frighten her. The latfor guy, basically asked who the F are you and the Jimrtex guy? Telling him that I may be a future mayor of Hudson, and you are this obsessive dude in Houston who shares with me this very odd fascination with all things Hudson,  I don't think will cut it. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »

I need something emailed to me with larger areas, that gives one an idea of what you are proposing. If I don't get it, I will need to take the existing census block, and draw the lines that I really care about, and tell them, hey, at the very least do this. Pigs get fat, and hogs get slaughtered. I fear without doing what I suggest, we might end up in the hog category. I am concerned, that I may need to get the mayor's blessing to get this done, and I don't want to frighten her. The latfor guy, basically asked who the F are you and the Jimrtex guy? Telling him that I may be a future mayor of Hudson, and you are this obsessive dude in Houston who shares with me this very odd fascination with all things Hudson,  I don't think will cut it. Smiley
Has the LATFOR guy submitted anything from New York? The Census Bureau expects one set of files per county.

If he wanted to be proactive he would have farmed this out to the counties, or perhaps to the legislators. If so, there would be someone in Columbia County who either ignored him, or sent him something, or is working on something. We're confusing the LATFOR by going directly to him.

If there is someone in Columbia County who is actually working on a submission, it would be easier to go through him.

Maybe your legislators could figure out if there is any process.

The Latfor guy said they were doing it (presumably in Albany), and wondered how I found that all out. I told him the internet is a wonderful thing. But he didn't give me any further details, and did not know any really. He was a mere conduit. But you saw what I wrote.

Anyway, when I am back for a day next Tuesday, I will probably email him the changes that I really want, and call him to ask for a status update, and whether I need the Mayor to intercede or what, and can I took to someone actually doing the work, and if I can't, how about the Mayor, or her attorney, or the local state legislator, and so forth. There is a way to break through the bureaucratic curtain, trust me. Hopefully in the interim, there will either call me again, or email me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies