How can Trump reach out to the black community? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:49:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How can Trump reach out to the black community? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How can Trump reach out to the black community?  (Read 5204 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: May 13, 2016, 04:03:41 PM »

Remind them of the Clinton family's legacy of putting blacks out of work and into prison.

Because that worked so well for Bernie. And Bernie had the benefit of not being endorsed by the KKK, not being a birther, not being a Republican, and not ordering his minions to beat up black protesters.

The black vote fantasy is hilarious. Hillary has a higher chance of winning whites than Trump does of winning more than 10% of the black vote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:07:52 PM »

Steele pulled around 25% in the 2006 MD senate race, which was pretty impressive. It didn't help him of course it was a horrible year for the GOP, but still.

I didn't mean to imply Republicans can't get AA votes at all - There are states where Republican's shares of the AA vote exceed their national average. I only meant that a black candidate won't necessarily win lots of black votes just by virtue of being black. I imagine that candidate would be better positioned to fight for those votes, though.

I assumed that Michael Steele got 1/4 of the AA votes he is black, simply because I don't see another reason why AA voters would be drawn to him.

Interesting fact: the Democratic primary in Maryland in 2006 was between Ben Cardin (now the incumbent Senator) and Kweisi Mfume, who was the former president of the NAACP. The race was heavily polarized racially, actually much moreso than the Edwards/Van Hollen race was this year. I'd imagine there was a lot of hurt feelings which Steele was able to capitalize on. In a non Democratic wave he actually would've stood a chance.

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=24&year=2006&f=0&off=3&elect=1
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 04:17:43 PM »

I don't think you guys realize that Trump is now pretty much despised in the black community. He'll be lucky to get into the high single digits nationally.

He is "despised" by almost all groups ...
African-Americans
Hispanics
Women (also white women)
Young voters (18-29 years old)

not muh white men
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies