ATTENTION, Governors and Election Officers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:41:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATTENTION, Governors and Election Officers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ATTENTION, Governors and Election Officers  (Read 1953 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 08:51:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not your fault. You even spoke about the Northeast ratification process before but the ConCon dragged on and made it missed the deadline for the Northeast.

Your job is to apply the rules. I guess you can consider people are giving you permission to skip the rules and pretend the booth can be opened this week because it causes trouble otherwise.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 09:22:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not your fault. You even spoke about the Northeast ratification process before but the ConCon dragged on and made it missed the deadline for the Northeast.

Your job is to apply the rules. I guess you can consider people are giving you permission to skip the rules and pretend the booth can be opened this week because it causes trouble otherwise.

The alternatives are find a reason why we can vote this weekend or not hold a vote at all, as, if the other regions ratify the new constitution, the Northeast will be dissolved come next June when we'd otherwise hold a ratification vote.  So, if I can find any reason why we can vote this weekend, I will.  I don't want to disenfranchise the entire region from this important vote.  And there is a reason - the overwhelming majority of the ConCon voted Aye by the 11th.  Certification of that vote was a mere technicality at that point.

I suppose my decision could be taken to the Atlasian Supreme Court if someone disagrees, but there's little time for that, too, and it looks like the other 4 regions will ratify the constitution, anyway.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 03:18:38 PM »

What regions do Canadian Provinces go, for voting purposes
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 06:22:51 PM »

As the Common Market Agreement was an act of legislation, not part of the Constitution, it will be up to the Senate to amend said agreement to allow the residents of the provinces to vote in the upcoming elections. I will introduce such an amendment presently.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 08:16:47 PM »

If you want to know the provinces are linked to what regions at the moment, in the common market agreement, you can find the list in the third paragraph starting from the end of the text,

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Atlasian-Canadian_Common_Market_Agreement

It should correspond to this map:
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/File:AtlasianRegions.png

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies