NV Democratic State Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:55:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NV Democratic State Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: NV Democratic State Convention  (Read 17208 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2016, 09:02:21 PM »

This is so painful to watch. Here we have someone who is actually at the convention and who has no reason or incentive to lie to a bunch of internet posters about what is actually going on, and someone else who is getting worked into a frenzy by a bunch of fellow delusional perpetual-outragers huffing and puffing to each other on Twitter and Reddit and who have likely altered the actual story a half-dozen times as it passes from one irrational actor to the next across the interwebs.

Screw off. Joe lied when he said the rules committee agreed to any rules.

Who should we believe, Jfern and his twitter sources or Joe who was actually there?

And regardless, the delegates that showed up all got counted so im not sure why a debate about a rule change matters anyways.

Nope, 64 Bernie delegates got excluded.

Gonna need you to back that up.

What would be an acceptable proof, since a tweet from a reporter isn't enough for you guys?

A tweet is not proof so your right when you say it isnt enough.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2016, 09:02:39 PM »

This is so painful to watch. Here we have someone who is actually at the convention and who has no reason or incentive to lie to a bunch of internet posters about what is actually going on, and someone else who is getting worked into a frenzy by a bunch of fellow delusional perpetual-outragers huffing and puffing to each other on Twitter and Reddit and who have likely altered the actual story a half-dozen times as it passes from one irrational actor to the next across the interwebs.

Who should we believe, Jfern and his twitter sources or Joe who was actually there?

And regardless, the delegates that showed up all got counted so im not sure why a debate about a rule change matters anyways.

He's half-right.  The credentials committee's minority report stated what jfern just claimed.  The reason why they were excluded is because they weren't elected as delegates at either of the two previous caucus conventions, which was very clearly outlined as necessary from the very beginning.

You can't just show up to the state convention if you weren't elected as a state delegate or alternate.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »

Final final final credential report, after realignments:

Hillary 1695
Bernie 1662

How did Hillary not gain realignments after the show the Bernie people put on?  I can't imagine they didn't sway at least a few opinions in the Hillary direction.  If I'd walked in their neutral I sure as hell would have gone over to Clinton.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but this is now the third event at which supporters for each candidate have taken several hours out of their day to show up and show their support.  That has a tendency to weed out the lukewarm supporters leaving only the hardliners.  Smiley

Agreed.  Back in the 1988 election I was selected as an uncommitted delegate to the county convention at my precinct caucus.  That convention was such a disorganized mess I left before it was finished and have never been to an official party function of any party since.  (I had a preference, but it wasn't strong, and they wanted a young person [I was the only young person at the precinct caucus.], so I was chosen out of the people who weren't for the people who had enuf support at the precinct meeting to get committed delegates to the next stage.)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2016, 09:03:22 PM »

What would be an acceptable proof, since a tweet from a reporter isn't enough for you guys?

The tweet you cited, which is your one proof that any of these crazy things you're claiming actually happened, doesn't even directly say anything.  All the reporter does is quote Erin Bilbray (Sanders superdelegate)'s speech.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2016, 09:04:35 PM »

He's half-right.  The credentials committee's minority report stated what jfern just claimed.  The reason why they were excluded is because they weren't elected as delegates at either of the two previous caucus conventions, which was very clearly outlined as necessary from the very beginning.

You can't just show up to the state convention if you weren't elected as a state delegate or alternate.

Makes sense but it wont stop people from claiming the convention was stolen i'd bet.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2016, 09:04:49 PM »

If I show up to the electoral college in January and try to cast a vote and they tell me to go jump in a lake, can I too claim that democracy is in shambles and I'm being disenfranchisedTM?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2016, 09:06:19 PM »

It's no wonder that Sanders' followers are so ignorant about party rules.
Most of them aren't even Democrats.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2016, 09:06:54 PM »

We'd need a lot more than a singular Tweet. Joe was actually there. Or are you going to accuse Joe Republic of lying to further the evil $hillary KKKlinton agenda?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2016, 09:24:22 PM »

Here's the vote. The nos sound louder. I believe it needed a 2/3rds majority to pass.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ynJOrQWgDlGR
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2016, 09:27:04 PM »

The volumes are about equal. Chill out, Jfern.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »

It needed a 2/3rds majority. Even if it only needed a majority, "about even" doesn't cut it.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2016, 09:31:42 PM »

If anything the yeas sound louder.  Spreading out horizontally is a pro strat.  The Bernie people hurt themselves by crowding together in a big cluster.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2016, 09:32:42 PM »

Silly me didn't know that votes actually make sounds.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2016, 09:34:15 PM »

It needed a 2/3rds majority. Even if it only needed a majority, "about even" doesn't cut it.

Yes, the Nays needed 2/3 to reject the temporary rules and impose their own.  The voice vote was about even, so they failed.  What don't you understand about this?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2016, 09:36:49 PM »

Yes, the Nays needed 2/3 to reject the temporary rules and impose their own.  The voice vote was about even, so they failed.  What don't you understand about this?

What sort of vote only requires a 1/3rds vote in the affirmative? The rules committee didn't adopt any rules, so there couldn't be any rules without a 2/3rds vote.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2016, 09:38:02 PM »

All this nitpicking and nagging really is pointless since this race has been mathematically over since Super Tuesday. It's really been done since South Carolina.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2016, 09:38:27 PM »

Good grief, now we're listening to the micro-speeches from the dozens of candidates for national delegate.  Surprise, surprise, every other Bernie candidate speaking isn't on the list of official candidates and is asking for write-in votes, because they didn't realize there's a process for that too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »

All this nitpicking and nagging really is pointless since this race has been mathematically over since Super Tuesday. It's really been done since South Carolina.

Obviously Hillary is almost certainly going to be the nominee, butHillary people seem to want to stick it to Bernie people, and assume that they'll vote for her. Hell no!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2016, 09:40:44 PM »

What sort of vote only requires a 1/3rds vote in the affirmative? The rules committee didn't adopt any rules, so there couldn't be any rules without a 2/3rds vote.

Listen, Jfern. I know you must be angry because your candidate lost a delegate or two, but it's already over. It's been over for a while now. March 15 was really the finishing blow. Try to accept that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2016, 09:41:19 PM »

Why are you still posting in this thread if you don't understand the process in the first place?  I thought I had explained it as clearly as I could, multiple times?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2016, 09:42:07 PM »

Obviously Hillary is almost certainly going to be the nominee, butHillary people seem to want to stick it to Bernie people, and assume that they'll vote for her. Hell no!

Good. If the Democrats don't want to have a Donald Trump in their hands then they ought to purge the party from left-wing nuts like you, just like the Republicans did in the 60's with the Birchers.  
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2016, 09:43:21 PM »

Good. If the Democrats don't want to have a Donald Trump in their hands then they ought to purge the party from left-wing nuts like you, just like the Republicans did in the 60's with the Birchers.  

You can't take away our power, because WE DON'T HAVE ANY!!!!!!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2016, 09:43:57 PM »

That's just as bad of an idea as Jfern's ludicrous 'all liberal all the time' beliefs.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »

Why are you still posting in this thread if you don't understand the process in the first place?  I thought I had explained it as clearly as I could, multiple times?

I know the process. A 2/3rds majority is required for rules if they aren't from the rules committee.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2016, 09:44:43 PM »

You can't take away our power, because WE DON'T HAVE ANY!!!!!!

Thank God for that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies