NV Democratic State Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:30:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NV Democratic State Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Author Topic: NV Democratic State Convention  (Read 17212 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2016, 01:19:58 PM »

The Bernie crowd is now throwing Lucy Flores under the bus.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2016, 01:20:52 PM »

The Bernie crowd is now throwing Lucy Flores under the bus.
Why?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2016, 01:21:21 PM »

Because she wasn't willing to tear Barbara Boxer's throat out.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2016, 01:23:14 PM »

Nina Turner of Ohio (guest speaker for Bernie) now speaking, and the Clinton side noticeably listening respectfully and clapping her in welcome.  Hmm, slight difference from Barbara Boxer's welcome.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2016, 01:25:49 PM »

Nina Turner: "They keep telling us about math.  Well, I got some math of my own."

^ Bernie Sanders campaign in a nutshell.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2016, 02:30:52 PM »

The final count should be coming down soon according to some paid $hill on reddit.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »

The final count should be coming down soon according to some paid $hill on reddit.

Yeah, we're just sitting around waiting for that sh[inks]show to ensue.

In other news, im really hungry and forgot to bring any food. Cry
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2016, 02:40:28 PM »

Yeah, we're just sitting around waiting for that sh[inks]show to ensue.

In other news, im really hungry and forgot to bring any food. Cry

Get KFC after in celebration of Birdie Sanders' defeat.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »

What I find most funny is that the Bernie cult was so confident that they had gotten away with stealing Clinton's delegates after the Clark County convention is that they were so blindsided by the Clinton camp organizing to take them back.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2016, 03:29:22 PM »

Btw, cross-posted from a different thread, and from before the credentials report:

I'm at the NV Dem convention right now, and state party chairwoman Roberta Lange just announced that she agreed the caucus system is outdated and fraught with massive problems.  She and the state party will be looking at moving toward a state-funded primary (crowd went wild) or "massively reforming" the party-funded caucuses (crowd booed).

Glad to see the wind blowing in the right direction.

THANK F[INKS]ING GOD!

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2016, 03:33:59 PM »

Sanders supporters are spoiled and entitled in a way that only a movement made of white millennials could be.

It's funny how they feel so entitled to delegates that weren't theirs to begin with.

Can you imagine if Hillary took a chunk of delegates from him in Washington or Utah due to the archaic and byzantine caucus procedure? They'd be going ballistic.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2016, 03:39:48 PM »

I think it is safe to say we have seen the last of Nevada as an early state.

I don't follow.

A state who's process dissolves into chaos should not be giving an early spot on the calendar. Besides rumors are Nevada is going to be replaced by Colorado or Arizona as first in the West.

Nevada is always so irrelevant anyway.  In 2012 and 2008 nobody even cared about it.  Arizona would be a much better early state since it's a hotbed of so many immigration and economic issues.

Nina Turner of Ohio (guest speaker for Bernie) now speaking, and the Clinton side noticeably listening respectfully and clapping her in welcome.  Hmm, slight difference from Barbara Boxer's welcome.

Yeah this was my experience too, at my caucus the Sanders people who spoke were all politely applauded by the very respectful Clinton people standing around me (mostly women in their 50s and 60s and some younger parents).  The kids on the Sanders side of the room kept shouting at the Clinton people and talking during their speeches and seemed confused and hesitant about whether they should clap or not or they would smirk and say things like "I guess we're clapping now!"
Fusionmunster

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2016, 03:42:28 PM »

Philadelphia is going to be a disaster if Bernie doesn't put his foot down soon.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2016, 04:21:06 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2016, 04:51:59 PM by Joe Republic »

"Final" credential report (before final realignments):

Hillary 1693
Bernie 1662
Uncommitted (lol) 4
dspNY
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2016, 04:21:22 PM »

Philadelphia is going to be a disaster if Bernie doesn't put his foot down soon.

Well if he doesn't then POTUS is going to do it for him and the Bernie crew won't like it
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »

Final credential report:

Hillary 1693
Bernie 1662

Stay safe!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2016, 04:42:58 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2016, 04:44:30 PM by Joe Republic »

The margin narrowed significantly once Bernie's core demographic rolled out of bed and showed up at the latest possible time.

They announced the final total immediately before announcing the break for lunch, meaning that the cries of disappointment were drowned out by the stampede out of the hall to the nearby food court.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2016, 04:59:12 PM »

The margin narrowed significantly once Bernie's core demographic rolled out of bed and showed up at the latest possible time.

They announced the final total immediately before announcing the break for lunch, meaning that the cries of disappointment were drowned out by the stampede out of the hall to the nearby food court.
lmao
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2016, 04:59:59 PM »

Hey Bernie supporters, she won the election on Caucus day in February. Isn't it only fair that she wins more delegates than you? Kind of like how you think it's only fair that Bernie win the superdelegates in states where he won big?

The hypocrisy pisses me off.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2016, 05:02:28 PM »

Hey Bernie supporters, she won the election on Caucus day in February. Isn't it only fair that she wins more delegates than you? Kind of like how you think it's only fair that Bernie win the superdelegates in states where he won big?

The hypocrisy pisses me off.

To his supporters, logic is only applicable when it helps Bernie.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2016, 05:11:53 PM »

This is absolute chaos & a complete murder of democracy. This thing is going to court & I doubt if this holds.

Roberta Gustave Lange, a Clinton supporter and Chair of the Democratic State Party, changed the rules without a 2/3rds majority quorum

Bernie had around like 500 more delegates coming in after the Clark county switch & many more alternates. They allowed the Clinton people to come in first, then mid-way by the time bernie people were coming in, they closed it & counted.

Can't believe that Trump may turn out to be a more democratic president than Hillary
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2016, 05:17:32 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500083383618517/

Robert Rules - Call for an immediate suspension of the rules and re-convening of quorum based on a vote of no confidence in the rules committee (who is ultimately responsible for the tally system). It's allowed by the rules that the Democratic COnventions across the US adopt (Robert's Rules), and supercedes anything else until an up/down vote is called.
Once that happens, demand a public ballot for delegate tally, with a representative from each candidate present in a single venue to count the delegates, or you will push for a vote of no confidence of the rules board, and a suspension of the members.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2016, 05:18:04 PM »

Clinton won the caucus when it actually happened.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2016, 05:18:12 PM »

This is absolute chaos & a complete murder of democracy. This thing is going to court & I doubt if this holds.

Roberta Gustave Lange, a Clinton supporter and Chair of the Democratic State Party, changed the rules without a 2/3rds majority quorum

Bernie had around like 500 more delegates coming in after the Clark county switch & many more alternates. They allowed the Clinton people to come in first, then mid-way by the time bernie people were coming in, they closed it & counted.

Can't believe that Trump may turn out to be a more democratic president than Hillary
Please stop trying to overturn the will of the voters while throwing an immature temper tantrum. You lost by the rules, just accept it.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2016, 05:20:19 PM »

I copied this exchange from other comments. Good summary.
/u/sandralee48
So what I just got out of that video is that the establlishment held this convention on graduation day from college so the young were automatically excluded. Then even so there were more Bernie supporters in line to enter the convention than Hillary supporters. Then the preliminary count came down with hundreds more delegates for Hillary than Bernie. Then the rules committee wouldn't allow for discussion. Can anyone correct or verify if that's the gist of it? Sad
/u/dalex4991
That's about right, the packed Clinton side early, voted before everyone was ready, and boom. Pop goes the weasel.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies