NV Democratic State Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:11:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NV Democratic State Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: NV Democratic State Convention  (Read 16899 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2016, 11:22:38 PM »

You either drop out a hero, or stay in long enough to see your supporters become the villains.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2016, 11:28:30 PM »

The silence from Sanders on this is very telling.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2016, 12:00:47 AM »

Just to be clear: is all this hullabaloo over a single delegate?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2016, 12:02:47 AM »

In a way, its good news for Hillary since the last thing she needs is another shouting match between the Sanders campaign and the DNC. On the other hand, this behavior needs to be condemned by Sanders. Can you imagine chair throwing in Philly? But instead of police ushering Sanders supporters out it will be secret service beating the ever loving sh**t out of anyone who even trys to threaten Clinton. Its a diaster waiting to happen.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2016, 12:04:43 AM »

I think it's more them lashing out and throwing temper tantrums over losing in general, and this convention was a convenient trigger to unleash their fury on a scapegoat.

Bernie sure has a lot of work to do to bring a lot of his deranged minions back to the realm of sanity, much less back into the Democratic fold.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2016, 12:06:04 AM »

Sanders is always silent on these things.  He only speaks up to offer a minimal, forced disavowal if the negative media coverage becomes overwhelming.  In this case, the media is either actively promoting the lies of the Sanders supporters for the sake of a good story or doing some sort of weasely even-handed "there was confusion over the rules", so there's no risk to Sanders in staying silent.

It says a lot about his character.  Of course if you've been paying attention these were things you already knew about his character.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2016, 12:08:31 AM »

Bernie sure has a lot of work to do to bring a lot of his deranged minions back to the realm of sanity, much less back into the Democratic fold.

For real, if he doesn't help him out these people are going to go through the rest of their lives cynical and hateful about the Democratic party and the political process, always believing the election was stolen from them and that 80% of America hates them.  When you shut down a cult you have to ease them back into society, you can't just take the money and run while leaving them to fend for themselves waiting for the rapture in a basement.

Unfortunately it looks like Bernie is gonna Jim Jones the whole thing and burn his supporters down in flames with him at the convention.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2016, 12:19:10 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2016, 12:21:00 AM by YPestis25 »

I think it's more them lashing out and throwing temper tantrums over losing in general, and this convention was a convenient trigger to unleash their fury on a scapegoat.

Thankfully the majority of us will l back the nominee without much fuss, but this worries me quite a bit for Philly. Even if, as I expect he will, Bernie drops out before the convention and endorses Hilldawg, it could be messy and damaging to the party.

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2016, 12:21:48 AM »

To be fair, it was 2 delegates.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2016, 12:36:34 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2016, 12:41:09 AM by ascott »

Bernie's not responsible for the conduct of these people, obviously.  I don't think the onus is on him to drop out because of a few assholes, though I do wish he'd step up and disavow this.

FWIW, these idiots will likely commit mass suicide by the day of the convention, so Darwinism will win out in the end.  Reddit should be interesting that day, to say the least.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #210 on: May 17, 2016, 12:59:25 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actual voicemail.  This is the second mp3 that was posted earlier.

Here was the Sanders campaign's response to this:

In other words, "you deserved it for not treating us like royalty.... PS I hope you burn for this"
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2016, 01:05:29 AM »

Bernie needs to drop out now and put his "supporters" in line. This is disgusting. These people are acting worse than Trump supporters at this point and are going against the very demeanor of their chosen candidate. Bernie must realize the longer he stays in the more damage he will do to the party. These people are one of the reasons I can no longer call myself a Bernie supporter.

It's not going to hurt anyone to stay in until next Tuesday (or the week after if he wants to go to DC). There is enough time to calm everything down between the beginning of June and the convention in late July.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2016, 01:20:14 AM »

Bernie needs to drop out now and put his "supporters" in line. This is disgusting. These people are acting worse than Trump supporters at this point and are going against the very demeanor of their chosen candidate. Bernie must realize the longer he stays in the more damage he will do to the party. These people are one of the reasons I can no longer call myself a Bernie supporter.

It's not going to hurt anyone to stay in until next Tuesday (or the week after if he wants to go to DC). There is enough time to calm everything down between the beginning of June and the convention in late July.
As long as he is out a week or two before the convention and makes sure his supporters can't make a bunch of conspiracy theories about it, it'll be okay.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2016, 01:23:22 AM »

Bernie's not responsible for the conduct of these people, obviously.  I don't think the onus is on him to drop out because of a few assholes, though I do wish he'd step up and disavow this.

Actually he is. His campaign has been inciting these crazies with all the talk about how "rigged" the primary is or their whining about superdelegates and closed primaries.

And why are some people surprised that Sanders hasn't denounced these thugs? He just became a Democrat for convenience, he doesn't feel any commitment to the welfare of the party. He wants to keep them as a personal army, so he will continue to tolerate this kind of behavior. Who knows, maybe he will make a statement too about how passionate they are and how much they love their country.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2016, 01:28:27 AM »

Actually he is. His campaign has been inciting these crazies with all the talk about how "rigged" the primary is or their whining about superdelegates and closed primaries.

And why are some people surprised that Sanders hasn't denounced these thugs? He just became a Democrat for convenience, he doesn't feel any commitment to the welfare of the party. He wants to keep them as a personal army, so he will continue to tolerate this kind of behavior. Who knows, maybe he will make a statement too about how passionate they are and how much they love their country.

No, he isn't.  He never incited violence or told his supporters to behave this way, unlike Trump.  And he ran as a Democrat because he vowed not to run as an independent and split Democrat voters in the general.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2016, 01:37:37 AM »

No, he isn't.  He never incited violence or told his supporters to behave this way, unlike Trump.  And he ran as a Democrat because he vowed not to run as an independent and split Democrat voters in the general.

He hasn't explicitly incited violence but with his reckless conspiracy theory peddling he has given cover to these nuts. Let's not forget that his surrogates have gone many times  way off script and he never corrected, denounced or taken them off trail.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2016, 01:40:19 AM »

I hate to sound a bit like a conspiracy theorist, but it's a simple fact that low-level people within Bernie's own campaign run r/sandersforpresident and other social media outlets and go around posting online and inciting this kind of madness.  Sanders emptied his wallet for Revolution Media to astroturf online for him, which is where all this stuff is coming from.  That's all behind the curtain.  Out on stage, the upper echelons of his campaign issue complaints and ominous warnings about how rigged the system is and how unfair the DNC has been treating him.  They issue inaccurate information to their supporters about how the conventions work so that when the DNC follows the rules his supporters will lose their minds and think they're being cheated.  They hear about these insane riots and bullying and threats from his supporters and the campaign's response is always something like "well maybe you should ask why they are behaving that way, there is an element of truth to their complaints."  Sanders refuses to condemn the extremist behavior of his supporters in anything other than the weakest possible terms, on those rare occasions that he doesn't applaud them or stay silent.  Meanwhile he, of course, contributes heavily to the negative tone of the campaign by continually lobbing his own attacks at Clinton.  They're the biggest applause/boo lines in his stump speech at this point.

Unrelated, but here's a very comprehensive, minute-by-minute, firsthand account of what actually happened at the convention:  https://medium.com/@mamajeanab/the-nevada-state-democratic-convention-c55076db43a#.40unq4kfx
Good luck finding this as a source in CNN or Fox News or Russia Today articles.  They'd much rather quote rabid commenters on Reddit.

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2016, 01:42:45 AM »

I would put this right in the bad posts megathread, but I know you'd start up your crazy conspiracy theory about me being a sock again.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2016, 01:55:55 AM »

As an example, from the article I just posted:

The campaign does this sleazy, incendiary, dishonest stuff at the local level and hopes no one will notice because people will only pay attention to Bernie.  And for the most part, it works.  Only people who really pay attention to detail, like me, notice.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2016, 03:10:36 AM »

Sanders supporters are spoiled and entitled in a way that only a movement made of white millennials could be.

//thread

heck in fact

//Whole Democratic primary season
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2016, 10:23:25 AM »

This letter from the attorney for the NSDP to the DNC is required reading:

Also from the full letter (https://www.scribd.com/doc/312844982/160516-Letter-DNC-RBC-NVDemsConvention), about the Sanders campaign's direct involvement in, and responsibility for, the riots:
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2016, 10:40:13 AM »

LOL, what a courageous leader!

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/732588761423486976

Per @DannyEFreeman, Sanders held press avail while in Puerto Rico. When asked about NV tension/chaos, Sanders walked away during middle of Q
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2016, 11:43:14 AM »

Sanders was always going to eat himself. The fact he's gotten this far is as much of a shocking indictment of the US political system as Trump winning on the other side.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/280197-dnc-to-ask-sanders-clinton-to-denounce-nevada-behavior

“We will be reaching out to the leadership of both of our campaigns to ask them to stand with the Democratic Party in denouncing and taking steps to prevent the type of behavior on display over the weekend in Las Vegas,” Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), the DNC chairwoman, said in a statement."

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/732641629786537984

"Reid says just spoke w sanders re violence at Nevada dem convention, expects sanders to speak out"

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/732643273823621120

"Reid says he and Sanders talked for 10 minutes. "A very long conversation for me. As some of you know my conversations aren't very long."
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2016, 02:06:13 PM »

The fact that Sanders had to be arm-twisted by Reid to condemn his hooligans speaks poorly for his leadership skills.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies