NV Democratic State Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:53:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NV Democratic State Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
Author Topic: NV Democratic State Convention  (Read 16975 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 18, 2016, 02:30:52 AM »

CNN is on the case:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/17/politics/democrat-bernie-sanders-revolt/index.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Of course, this is CNN, so I don't know if the twenty-second audio clip with 1000 views they have right below this is what they're talking about, but in that clip Joan Kato just tells them to stay in the convention hall no matter what, never saying "take over" or "revolution" or any of the other words spoken.

Of course, CNN could be referring to two different audio tapes they have, but this is CNN and it's trash, so take it with a huge mountain of salt until they actually post their "take over" audio.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #276 on: May 18, 2016, 02:41:25 AM »

kos at Daily Kos rips into Sanders over his pathetic "statement."  

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/5/17/1527598/-Amazing-Bernie-Sanders-still-can-t-tell-his-most-crazed-supporters-to-stop-acting-like-Trump-goons

As someone who did not vote for Sanders in the Primary but respected the spirit of what he was trying to accomplish, this was a leadership test and he failed badly.  Are violence and death threats now part of a "positive campaign?"  

I'm glad Elizabeth Warren didn't run.  Running for President usually results in the candidate making big and unpleasant compromises to their integrity.  Hillary accepted that long ago and Sanders has now sunk into a moral quagmire.  At least someone in the party can still speak with moral authority.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2016, 03:56:12 AM »

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/5/17/1527598/-Amazing-Bernie-Sanders-still-can-t-tell-his-most-crazed-supporters-to-stop-acting-like-Trump-goons

As someone who did not vote for Sanders in the Primary but respected the spirit of what he was trying to accomplish, this was a leadership test and he failed badly.  Are violence and death threats now part of a "positive campaign?"  

I'm glad Elizabeth Warren didn't run.  Running for President usually results in the candidate making big and unpleasant compromises to their integrity.  Hillary accepted that long ago and Sanders has now sunk into a moral quagmire.  At least someone in the party can still speak with moral authority.

Kos declared Hillary the nominee over 2 years ago and has been trashing Bernie nonstop, so who cares what he thinks?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2016, 04:06:00 AM »

Kos declared Hillary the nominee over 2 years ago and has been trashing Bernie nonstop, so who cares what he thinks?

That's right, everyone knows that whoever doesn't grovel before King Sanders is a corporate sellout and/or a fascist.
Let's post some serious objective analysis by HA Goodman and Seth Abramson.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2016, 04:32:41 AM »

That's right, everyone knows that whoever doesn't grovel before King Sanders is a corporate sellout and/or a fascist.

Sanders a fascist!? I don't even say this sh**t about Hillary, how is this clown still here?
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2016, 05:01:46 AM »

Sanders a fascist!? I don't even say this sh**t about Hillary, how is this clown still here?

Do you even do reading comprehension?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2016, 05:49:45 AM »

Here is one the actually reasonable Hillary delegates speaking out against the rules change bullsh**t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=N4PqKCdqkaA
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2016, 05:56:27 AM »

You already called me a HP I have no reason to reply to you. Your just another Clinton hack (presumably from Correct the record) who is barley less extreme then LL.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #283 on: May 18, 2016, 07:47:53 AM »

Real Violence. The war in Iraq which Clinton voted for despite strong arguments from her colleagues that it would be a mistake.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #284 on: May 18, 2016, 10:32:12 AM »

So I just watched Nina Turner on Tamron Hall and now she's blaming the media for not covering an alleged shoot up at one of his offices in Nevada? That's the first time I've heard about that. Are the Sanders people now making up stories to distract from the real stories (their bohemian behavior at the convention).
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #285 on: May 18, 2016, 10:48:38 AM »

Yeah it's weird that this is the first time we're hearing about the Sanders campaign office in Nevada getting shot at. Not that I'm accusing him of making it up but it'd be interesting to see the police report for it.

I really do hope it wasn't politically motivated and it was that the perpetrator got caught (or even if it wasn't politically inspired).

You already called me a HP I have no reason to reply to you. Your just another Clinton hack (presumably from Correct the record) who is barley less extreme then LL.

Have you finally realised that Lyndon wasn't calling Sanders a fascist?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2016, 11:40:58 AM »

So apparently back in January, a bullet hole was discovered in the storefront window of his campaign office.  Cops couldn't say when a shot might have been fired, nor did they find a bullet, meaning that evidently nobody was around at all when it happened.  Their office is in a fairly shady part of town, so it's also possible it was there before they even moved in.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/jan/08/bullet-hole-found-at-sanders-campaign-hq-on-day-ca/
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2016, 01:43:02 PM »

Including it in the statement almost implies that somehow Clinton and her campaign are responsible? Just mystifying as to why it was included in the statement at all when it has nothing to do with what happened at the Nevada State Convention.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »

So apparently back in January, a bullet hole was discovered in the storefront window of his campaign office.  Cops couldn't say when a shot might have been fired, nor did they find a bullet, meaning that evidently nobody was around at all when it happened.  Their office is in a fairly shady part of town, so it's also possible it was there before they even moved in.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/jan/08/bullet-hole-found-at-sanders-campaign-hq-on-day-ca/

I think that calls for a congressional investigation of Hillary.
Where is Darrel Issa when you need him?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2016, 04:49:41 PM »

Jfern's narrative ahead of the convention has suddenly shifted from "you Hillbots have alienated us; watch and weep as all of Bernie's delegates walk out of the convention en masse" to "how dare the corrupt DNC throw out Bernie's legitimately elected delegates? If they didn't want chairs to be thrown around they should have fixed them to the floor; the DNC only have themselves to blame."

No chairs were thrown just like no one chanted English only. Baghdad Bob had more credibility than Nevada Hillary hacks.

I'm talking about the DNC in Philly.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2016, 05:06:40 PM »

I am all Bernie until the end, but my fellow supporters need to be ready to support Hillary to save America from Trump and return the Supreme Court to the left. I don't like Hillary, but the alternative the right is offering is far, far worse.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #291 on: May 18, 2016, 07:58:34 PM »

Ralston has been spreading all the lies about Bernie supporters.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/05/18/the-faux-fracas-in-nevada-how-a-reporters-pack-of-lies-ran-riot-in-the-fact-averse-media/
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »

1 like = 1 cry everytime
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »

Jfern's narrative ahead of the convention has suddenly shifted from "you Hillbots have alienated us; watch and weep as all of Bernie's delegates walk out of the convention en masse" to "how dare the corrupt DNC throw out Bernie's legitimately elected delegates? If they didn't want chairs to be thrown around they should have fixed them to the floor; the DNC only have themselves to blame."

No chairs were thrown just like no one chanted English only. Baghdad Bob had more credibility than Nevada Hillary hacks.

I'm talking about the DNC in Philly.

What does the lie about chairs being thrown in Nevada have to do with the convention?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2016, 10:29:08 PM »

Well, I got as far as the fourth sentence of that article, which was completely and demonstrably untrue.  Good job.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2016, 10:45:29 PM »

Well, I got as far as the fourth sentence of that article, which was completely and demonstrably untrue.  Good job.

99.9 percent of what jfern posts is untrue because it becomes from the fantasy land of BernieOrBust.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »

I feel like the irony in your post right there is lost on you.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #297 on: May 20, 2016, 01:59:50 AM »

Kos is hardly alone.  Sanders has been blasted across progressive media and the progressive blogosphere for this.

Josh Marshall (Talking Points Memo):
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/it-comes-from-the-very-top

Kevin Drum (Mother Jones):
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/05/decline-fall-bernie-sanders

Joy-Ann Reid (MSNBC/Daily Beast):
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/18/come-on-bernie-time-to-level-with-your-dreamers.html

John Aravosis (AMERICAblog):
http://americablog.com/2016/05/sanders-issues-angry-statement-defending.html

cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #298 on: May 20, 2016, 05:55:42 AM »

Dammit, Ogre Mage! You just ruined his narrative!
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #299 on: May 20, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »

Dammit, Ogre Mage! You just ruined his narrative!

There's more.

Joan Walsh (The Nation)

Walsh has harsh words not only for wannabe messiah Sanders, but also our pathetic joke of a DNC chair, Debbie Wasserman Schutz.

http://www.thenation.com/article/bernie-sanders-is-hurting-himself-by-playing-the-victim/

Jamelle Bouie (Slate)
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/05/bernie_sanders_scorched_earth_run_against_hillary_clinton_is_a_mistake.html

Sanders began this campaign claiming that he didn't want to be another Ralph Nader but with his continuous slams against the Democratic Party (and over process issues, not the policy issues his campaign was supposed to be about) that is exactly who he is starting to resemble.  Still, it is not yet too late.  Sanders needs to do some hard thinking about his legacy.  What is Ralph Nader's reputation today?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies