NV Democratic State Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:42:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NV Democratic State Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Author Topic: NV Democratic State Convention  (Read 16973 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2016, 11:05:12 PM »

Sanders supporters were angry over a voice vote that adopted a set of temporary convention rules as the permanent rules, according to the Las Vegas Sun.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279930-nevada-dem-convention-devolves-into-chaos

Yeah, they lost the voice vote since they are in the minority. Not hard to figure out.

It was before all the delegates are seated. Congrats on helping Trump by pissing off Bernie supporters  .

Jfern, you, my friend, are an amazing example of Poe's Law. Sometimes, you say things so ridiculously stupid that I can't help but think you're joking. But then I remember that you're the one who supported Obama all through 2008 and then immediately called him a moderate hero when he took office.

So you've finally dropped the ruse of being 13?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »

Sanders supporters were angry over a voice vote that adopted a set of temporary convention rules as the permanent rules, according to the Las Vegas Sun.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279930-nevada-dem-convention-devolves-into-chaos

Yeah, they lost the voice vote since they are in the minority. Not hard to figure out.

It was before all the delegates are seated. Congrats on helping Trump by pissing off Bernie supporters  .

Jfern, you, my friend, are an amazing example of Poe's Law. Sometimes, you say things so ridiculously stupid that I can't help but think you're joking. But then I remember that you're the one who supported Obama all through 2008 and then immediately called him a moderate hero when he took office.

No, but I've been on this website long enough to learn about Jfern's hypocritical attacks on Obama.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2016, 10:25:05 AM »

No, but I've been on this website long enough to learn about Jfern's hypocritical attacks on Obama.
Then why use the phrase "remember."
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2016, 11:30:40 AM »

It was before all the delegates are seated. Congrats on helping Trump by pissing off Bernie supporters  .

Then why use the phrase "remember."

Because I learned about said attacks in the past, rather than the present. Therefore, I would have to remember them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2016, 02:18:04 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2016, 02:21:05 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Snopes just ruled that the chair being thrown is a total lie. Shame on everyone who repeatedly lied to claim that Bernie supporters were violent. The Democratic party will not be forgiven for this.

http://www.snopes.com/did-sanders-supporters-throw-chairs-at-nevada-democratic-convention/
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2016, 02:55:02 AM »

Snopes just ruled that the chair being thrown is a total lie. Shame on everyone who repeatedly lied to claim that Bernie supporters were violent. The Democratic party will not be forgiven for this.

http://www.snopes.com/did-sanders-supporters-throw-chairs-at-nevada-democratic-convention/

LMAO quoting Snopes is does not add much validity to your argument.

Nice try though, jfern.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2016, 03:04:01 AM »

Nice try though, jfern.

Where is the evidence that dissproves snopes? No evidence right?  There was no "violence' plain and simple.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #307 on: May 22, 2016, 03:10:11 AM »

That whole article says "No chairs were thrown because people called Jon Ralston a primary source when he was actually not even there"
Yet even Jon Ralston himself refers to the actual primary source, Andrew Davey, in his now-famous tweet and coverage.
As I said earlier in this thread, the Sanders people's fixation on this one tiny detail that a chair was thrown is ludicrous.  The story isn't about someone throwing a chair, the media just says "thrown chairs" because it's a vivid, quick encapsulation of the entire 14 hours of outrageous, completely inappropriate and shameful behavior by the Sanders crowd at the Nevada convention.  The story doesn't fall apart or cease to exist if it's proven nobody threw a chair.
Here's a thought, maybe Andrew Davey wasn't in the middle of the crowd, so he saw that guy raise his chair over his head and put it back down from afar, or via grainy cell-phone video footage after the fact, and all he sees is a chair briefly appear in the air and then disappear and he really thinks a chair was thrown, as is reasonable to think.  What does it matter?  Sure he could have issued a retraction after that cell phone video of a guy raising his chair and putting it back down (who does that?) was posted, although he has no idea whether that's the same chair in the air that he saw.  But again, people aren't mad at you guys because of one thrown chair.  People are mad at you because you were incredibly obnoxious, rioted at the drop of a needle, didn't understand the rules and pulled anguishes out of thin air to get worked up about (with help from the Sanders campaign of course), shouted horrible, nasty things at hard-working Democrats just trying to get a job done, were a huge pain in the ass to everyone else in the room, were hypocritical about flipping delegates at the convention level, acted violently at various points according to the videos and dozens of eyewitness accounts, left disgusting and shocking death threat messages on the voicemail of that poor woman who did nothing wrong, continue (along with Sanders himself and the whole campaign) to insist that she and the NSDP broke the rules, stole delegates, disenfranchised you, or did something wrong when in truth they followed the rules to a T and were extraordinarily, miraculously patient with you folks while enduring mountains of abuse and immaturity, vandalized the state democratic party office (a misdemeanor in Nevada, or a felony if you committed enough damage which it doesn't look like you did), and still continue to use your contrived grievances about the convention, which, again, have absolutely no basis on reality, as justification for threats of harassment and violence at the national convention, and as justification for leaving the party to vote for Trump or some other stupid candidate.  Prove to me that all that never happened and you may have a case for not being completely and utterly ashamed of yourself.  Until then, go sit in the corner where you belong and stop bitching about this stupid chair.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #308 on: May 22, 2016, 03:57:29 AM »

Nice try though, jfern.

Just because your candidate is a compulsive liar doesn't mean that you need to be.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #309 on: May 22, 2016, 04:05:26 AM »

Nice try though, jfern.

Just because your candidate is a compulsive liar doesn't mean that you need to be.

Bernie must be a compulsive liar too. He keeps saying he can win the nomination.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #310 on: May 22, 2016, 04:13:40 AM »

Jesus Christ.  If you see somebody in a loud, angry crowd holding a chair up over his head, how would you immediately react?

"The Democratic Party will not be forgiven for this."  What kind of loser talks like this?  And over whether some guy threw a chair or not?  Go outside and breathe some fresh air.  This will all be over soon.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #311 on: May 22, 2016, 04:59:56 AM »

I got mad about the chair thing, too. I got into an "argument" with someone last night for over an hour over it. He kept making the claim; I kept asking him for video evidence, since there was video of, well, all of the convention from multiple angles. I was familiar with the dude who lifted the chair and put it back down. All the guy I was arguing with kept doing was posting links to videos where claims of chair throwing were made, and then accusing me of condoning "violence" at the convention. Apparently, he kept wanting everybody to believe that booing Barbara Boxer, somebody having (a heart attack? or something) and needing a medic, and someone picking up a chair was "violence".

At any rate, he "threatened" to "call my county and have me removed as Chair" (LOL) for "supporting violence". I dug up his voter file: he voted in the 2012 & 2016 GOP presidential primaries, despite being a supposedly rabid Hillary supporter. He then blocked me - before I could tell him that his ass would get booted from the group if he blocked an admin, but I mean I was going to boot him for being a GOP troll anyway - so I booted him for his threats plus all of that. He then emailed me afterward like a creep. I just wish I had seen this link last night: he would have got kicked long before, since I was legitimately wanting a verdict of yes or no on the matter. I don't permit liars to remain in the groups I manage.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #312 on: May 22, 2016, 05:37:01 AM »

I, personally, find it hilarious when people get Snoped and still refuse to believe it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2016, 11:30:37 AM »

Jesus Christ.  If you see somebody in a loud, angry crowd holding a chair up over his head, how would you immediately react?

"The Democratic Party will not be forgiven for this."  What kind of loser talks like this?  And over whether some guy threw a chair or not?  Go outside and breathe some fresh air.  This will all be over soon.

Why are you falling in jfern and the Sanders campaign's trap Joe?
The question isn't whether a chair was thrown or not. The question is on what grounds these people scream about democracy and how the voice of the people must be heard and then try to steal delegates from the rightful winner of the state.

And for whoever had any doubts, here is more evidence of the hypocrisy of Sanders, only this time the victims were his own gullible supporters.

http://midnightsunak.com/2016/05/03/state-legislator-calls-bernie-sanders-alaska-convention-move-shameful/
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2016, 12:32:43 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2016, 01:13:02 PM by Joe Republic »

Btw, I guess never mind that hundreds of people booed a US senator and progressive icon, with at least one man standing only a few feet away yelling "bitch" at her.  Also never mind that the state party chairwoman has received hundreds of abusive text messages and voicemails, some calling for her to be hanged, after her personal cell and home address were shared online.  Also never mind that the party HQ was vandalized the day after the convention.  As long as nobody threw any chairs, amirite?

And all this fuss because the Bernie side was outwitted after exploiting the convoluted, undemocratic process to steal delegates that Hillary won in February.  Good god.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2016, 03:05:44 PM »

FTR, just a few minutes ago a 15-16 years old Berniebot was screaming about "voter fraud" in Nevada.
When I mentioned to him that the caucus was back in February and Clinton won it 53-47 he was flabbergasted. The poor kid believed that the convention was the caucus.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #316 on: May 22, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/thathappened
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #317 on: May 22, 2016, 07:34:59 PM »

Btw, I guess never mind that hundreds of people booed a US senator and progressive icon, with at least one man standing only a few feet away yelling "bitch" at her.  Also never mind that the state party chairwoman has received hundreds of abusive text messages and voicemails, some calling for her to be hanged, after her personal cell and home address were shared online.  Also never mind that the party HQ was vandalized the day after the convention.  As long as nobody threw any chairs, amirite?

And all this fuss because the Bernie side was outwitted after exploiting the convoluted, undemocratic process to steal delegates that Hillary won in February.  Good god.

I do find it hilarious that whether or not a chair was thrown has become the only issue here when so much else went on. As if disproving that one tidbit makes the rest of the facts disappear into the ether. NO CHAIR, CHECKMATE $HILLARIES!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies