NV Democratic State Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:26:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NV Democratic State Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NV Democratic State Convention  (Read 17186 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« on: May 14, 2016, 05:38:50 PM »

WHO CARE
H
O

C
A
R
E
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 05:43:20 PM »

I, personally, am legitimately glad that Shadows can't vote.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:44:21 PM »

What you think is a righteous outcome doesn't justify a blatant affront to democracy. They voted to change the rules 30 minutes before scheduled, before registration was complete, and had stuff "carry" without 2/3 of the voice vote.

It's not about the 2 delegates, it's about the principle. And Hillary supporters today showed a glaring lack of respectful democratic principle.

There are rules. The rules say the whittling down of delegates can change the statewide delegate allocation. Perhaps it's not the best rule, but it was the rule in place at the time, and it should be respected for the equity of all involved parties.

Please stop acting like a fool, you insane conspiracy theorist.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 05:46:52 PM »

To anyone talking about muh democracy:

53% Clinton
47% Sanders

Shush! You'll ruin their narrative!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 05:57:03 PM »

Hillary won in February 13 delegates to 10. That's fine. I have no qualms with that. Even though the NV Delegate Selection Plan clearly stated that caucus was non-binding in bold font, it is sufficiently ambiguous for me to let that go.

However, Bernie won April. Today, Hillary supporters tried to wrest back in an underhanded fashion the delegates they thought they had rightfully earned.

Except it should be binding. Your side stole the delegates yourself. Go whine about fluoridated water or something.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 06:02:46 PM »

Hillary won in February 13 delegates to 10. That's fine. I have no qualms with that. Even though the NV Delegate Selection Plan clearly stated that caucus was non-binding in bold font, it is sufficiently ambiguous for me to let that go.

However, Bernie won April. Today, Hillary supporters tried to wrest back in an underhanded fashion the delegates they thought they had rightfully earned.
The popular vote of the state was for Hillary Clinton.  So it is ok for them to overturn the will of the people of Nevada.  How is god's green earth is that fair, or democratic.  Your the one who is trying to steal this nomination, not Hillary and her camp.
This straw man is getting old. The caucus system has multiple tiers, which vote independently of each other.

Yes, but the system is inherently undemocratic. The Sandernistas tried to steal a delegate or two, and ended up paying the price. Deal with it.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 06:08:00 PM »

The popular vote of the state was for Hillary Clinton.  So it is ok for them to overturn the will of the people of Nevada.  How is god's green earth is that fair, or democratic.  Your the one who is trying to steal this nomination, not Hillary and her camp.
This straw man is getting old. The caucus system has multiple tiers, which vote independently of each other.

lol, this from a Trump supporter?  I"m sure you had the same attitude three weeks ago when Cruz was stealing all his delegates at these little conventions.

I don't think Dax has any concrete ideology. He seems to just be a ridiculous Ron Paul '12/Bernie Sanders '16 conspiracy theorist type.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 06:32:08 PM »

God dammit, now they're both back.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 07:03:15 PM »

Sanders supporters were angry over a voice vote that adopted a set of temporary convention rules as the permanent rules, according to the Las Vegas Sun.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279930-nevada-dem-convention-devolves-into-chaos

Yeah, they lost the voice vote since they are in the minority. Not hard to figure out.

It was before all the delegates are seated. Congrats on helping Trump by pissing off Bernie supporters  .

Jfern, you, my friend, are an amazing example of Poe's Law. Sometimes, you say things so ridiculously stupid that I can't help but think you're joking. But then I remember that you're the one who supported Obama all through 2008 and then immediately called him a moderate hero when he took office.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 09:06:54 PM »

This is so painful to watch. Here we have someone who is actually at the convention and who has no reason or incentive to lie to a bunch of internet posters about what is actually going on, and someone else who is getting worked into a frenzy by a bunch of fellow delusional perpetual-outragers huffing and puffing to each other on Twitter and Reddit and who have likely altered the actual story a half-dozen times as it passes from one irrational actor to the next across the interwebs.

Screw off. Joe lied when he said the rules committee agreed to any rules.

Who should we believe, Jfern and his twitter sources or Joe who was actually there?

And regardless, the delegates that showed up all got counted so im not sure why a debate about a rule change matters anyways.

Nope, 64 Bernie delegates got excluded.

Gonna need you to back that up.

What would be an acceptable proof, since a tweet from a reporter isn't enough for you guys?

We'd need a lot more than a singular Tweet. Joe was actually there. Or are you going to accuse Joe Republic of lying to further the evil $hillary KKKlinton agenda?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 09:27:04 PM »

The volumes are about equal. Chill out, Jfern.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 09:40:44 PM »

The volumes are about equal. Chill out, Jfern.

It needed a 2/3rds majority. Even if it only needed a majority, "about even" doesn't cut it.

Yes, the Nays needed 2/3 to reject the temporary rules and impose their own.  The voice vote was about even, so they failed.  What don't you understand about this?

What sort of vote only requires a 1/3rds vote in the affirmative? The rules committee didn't adopt any rules, so there couldn't be any rules without a 2/3rds vote.

Listen, Jfern. I know you must be angry because your candidate lost a delegate or two, but it's already over. It's been over for a while now. March 15 was really the finishing blow. Try to accept that.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 09:43:57 PM »

All this nitpicking and nagging really is pointless since this race has been mathematically over since Super Tuesday. It's really been done since South Carolina.

Obviously Hillary is almost certainly going to be the nominee, butHillary people seem to want to stick it to Bernie people, and assume that they'll vote for her. Hell no!

Good. If the Democrats don't want to have a Donald Trump in their hands then they ought to purge the party from left-wing nuts like you, just like the Republicans did in the 60's with the Birchers.  

That's just as bad of an idea as Jfern's ludicrous 'all liberal all the time' beliefs.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 09:48:45 PM »

All this nitpicking and nagging really is pointless since this race has been mathematically over since Super Tuesday. It's really been done since South Carolina.

Obviously Hillary is almost certainly going to be the nominee, butHillary people seem to want to stick it to Bernie people, and assume that they'll vote for her. Hell no!

Good. If the Democrats don't want to have a Donald Trump in their hands then they ought to purge the party from left-wing nuts like you, just like the Republicans did in the 60's with the Birchers.  

You can't take away our power, because WE DON'T HAVE ANY!!!!!!

Thank God for that.

Like I said, Lyndon, making the Democratic Party a centrist party would be a very bad idea for a number of reasons.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 10:08:35 PM »

I wasn't talking about Sanders' political ideology, Jfern. I was talking about yours.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 01:42:45 AM »

Bernie's not responsible for the conduct of these people, obviously.  I don't think the onus is on him to drop out because of a few assholes, though I do wish he'd step up and disavow this.

Actually he is. His campaign has been inciting these crazies with all the talk about how "rigged" the primary is or their whining about superdelegates and closed primaries.

And why are some people surprised that Sanders hasn't denounced these thugs? He just became a Democrat for convenience, he doesn't feel any commitment to the welfare of the party. He wants to keep them as a personal army, so he will continue to tolerate this kind of behavior. Who knows, maybe he will make a statement too about how passionate they are and how much they love their country.

I would put this right in the bad posts megathread, but I know you'd start up your crazy conspiracy theory about me being a sock again.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »

I hope Bernie calls on the Hillary Clinton to disavow HillaryBro Wendell Pierce who beat a female Sanders supporter.

That's not even close to comparable.

Even if it were, it's pretty telling that the Berniebot doesn't even pretend to be bothered by all the violence.
I said it before, these people need to be ousted from the party, they are a disrupting force, the left-wing equivalent of the Tea party.

You do realize that if the entire left-wing were forced out of the Democratic Party, it would just make the parties to the left of the Democrats stronger? Besides, there's virtually no way to force people to leave the party without disrupting democracy.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 04:43:21 PM »

Wow, this site really really hates Bernie people.

It's not that they hate 'Bernie people'. Some of the best posters on this forum support Sanders. It's more that this forum hates delusional Berniebros like you.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 04:47:41 PM »

Okay, so prove that the 'English only' incident never happened.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »

These morons need to be quarantined. Can you imagine the outrage had Hillary supporters behaved this way in 2008? We would have been handcuffed and transported to jail on the spot. The double standard is absolutely sickening. These lunatics need to be stopped before they systematically dismantle the party, which, let's face it, Bernie Sanders himself has wanted to do ever since he began his political career.

I hate to say this, but downright conspiracy theories are simply playing right into the r/sandersforpresident playbook.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »

These morons need to be quarantined. Can you imagine the outrage had Hillary supporters behaved this way in 2008? We would have been handcuffed and transported to jail on the spot. The double standard is absolutely sickening. These lunatics need to be stopped before they systematically dismantle the party, which, let's face it, Bernie Sanders himself has wanted to do ever since he began his political career.

I hate to say this, but downright conspiracy theories are simply playing right into the r/sandersforpresident playbook.

I take the Sanders's campaign and its supporters about as seriously as I take Sarah Palin anymore. They've lost their grip on reality.

You're the one saying Sanders' lifelong goal is to destroy the Democratic Party. In my opinion, both extreme Sandernistas and extreme Hillbots are as credible as Sarah Palin these days.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »

1 like = 1 cry everytime
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »

I feel like the irony in your post right there is lost on you.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 05:55:42 AM »

Dammit, Ogre Mage! You just ruined his narrative!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »

Sanders supporters were angry over a voice vote that adopted a set of temporary convention rules as the permanent rules, according to the Las Vegas Sun.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279930-nevada-dem-convention-devolves-into-chaos

Yeah, they lost the voice vote since they are in the minority. Not hard to figure out.

It was before all the delegates are seated. Congrats on helping Trump by pissing off Bernie supporters  .

Jfern, you, my friend, are an amazing example of Poe's Law. Sometimes, you say things so ridiculously stupid that I can't help but think you're joking. But then I remember that you're the one who supported Obama all through 2008 and then immediately called him a moderate hero when he took office.

So you've finally dropped the ruse of being 13?

No, but I've been on this website long enough to learn about Jfern's hypocritical attacks on Obama.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies