The Political Tracker - 4th Constitution Special (CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Political Tracker - 4th Constitution Special (CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Political Tracker - 4th Constitution Special (CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD)  (Read 2464 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 11:34:57 AM »

Fourth Constitution Referendum:

National Turnout: 19,00% (23 voters - Last Voter: Leinad)

Pacific Region:

AYE: 100% (5)
NAY 0% (0)

Midwest Region:

AYE: 100% (4)
NAY 0% (0)

Mideast Region:

AYE: 100% (6)
NAY 0% (0)

Southern Region:

AYE: 100% (8 )
NAY 0% (0)

Lumine: Turnout up to 19% now, but still low partly due to the Northeast not being able to vote for the time being (and if these results hold, it's possible they may not have to). The margin holds as well, still no votes against the New Constitution with 23 Aye votes in, making us in the studio confident that, barring an unexpected suprise, the Fourth Constitution is on the way to being ratified within five to six days.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »

So I seem to remember insisting that the President be allowed to create whichever cabinet departments he/she wished and to appoint those people without legislative actions...well, I can create the positions, but I cannot appoint anyone to them...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

...until the Senate is elected, apparently. Or does the current Senate continue to exist in between the time this is ratified and the governments are fully seated?

Wouldn't the current Senate remain seated until the new Senate and House are fully in place?

I would assume that to mean that until we have the House and the Senate you'd have the current Government (whether its the current administration or the one elected in June) and Senate in place.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 12:49:04 PM »

Just one quick note, The NE may not be able to vote for until next week if I remember reading Cinyc correctly, which if these results hold mean the NE won't get to vote on the matter at all. Perhaps they could in that interim appeared, but it wouldn't have any force and Cinyc would no longer be an elections administrator by that point.

Northeast regional amendments are scheduled to occur once a month if needed. I think for a vote to happen on May 20th, an amendment has to be approved before May13.

There is something that states federal amendments are adopted in the same manner are regional ones. Don't know if it means when it is adopted and the calendar for votes also. Not sure the federal amendment made the cut off date to be voted on in May (if this is deemed a requirement).
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »

The situation in the Northeast is intolerable.

Why work for months and months on a new constitution and not be allowed to ratify it?

To those in power in the Northeast, get your act together!

What is the Governor of the Northeast and the Northeast Representatives doing about it?

The other regions have voted.  The Northeast remains anonymous.

We in the Northeast deserve the right to vote on the ratification of the new constitution!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2016, 01:48:04 PM »

Breaking News:
OOC: My personal opinions on the matter aside, news from the GM are news and will be reported on.

Lumine: While there are no further developments on the voting for the Fourth Constitution, we have breaking news concerning the ongoing situation in Arizona. Unconfirmed reports state that following the recent controversy over a simple wording mistake in the constitution an extremist group seems to be preparing to use the chance to declare the existence of a supposed Republic of Arizona, including the appointment of a, so far, anonymous Interim President. Let us recap a bit pertaining the situation:

Arizona: Unexpected trouble in the West?

Lumine: Following the reveal of an odd mistake pertaining the Fourth Constitution excluding the state of Arizona from the list that forms the new regions, debate among constitutional experts and prominent politicians seemed to indicate that the mistake, while truly regrettable, was of an easy solution. Indeed, by the current provisions of the Constitution being voted on, it would have seemed that the logical and simple solution would have been to just include Arizona via an act of the new Senate, thus solving the matter.

Indeed, prominent Atlasians were fast in apologizing and taking charge and responsibility from the situation, with Pacific Governor Ted Bessell responsibly asking citizens to change their registration temporarily in order to avoid legal issues regarding residence and citizenship. Alas, public reaction seems to have overtaken such moves, not only due to the surprising and concerning action from radical (and we believe, fringe) groups in Arizona, but also to the rapid reaction from a group of loyalists that oppose the actions of the so called insurrectionist movement.

We hear indeed that messages may have been sent not only between both groups, but to Governor Bessell and President Griffin asking them to take immediate action. The Political Tracker would like to issue a call for calm, tranquility and order pertaining these developments in Arizona, hoping this crisis will be solved as fast as possible.

In the meantime, we'll continue to report as news continue to reach our studio.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 02:54:02 PM »

Why can't the Northeast vote?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 03:14:54 PM »

OPEN THE NORTHEAST VOTING BOOTH!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2016, 03:16:38 PM »

It is prohibited by law.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2016, 03:42:35 PM »

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the booth can't be opened because of the Northeast Constitution (at the version currently on the wiki). I never really knew about this, but Article VIII states "Amendments to the Federal Constitution shall be voted upon by the people of the Northeast in the same manner as Amendments to the Northeast Constitution."

And, Article VII regarding those constitutional referendums, states:

So, I assume it is not possible for a booth to be opened until Friday 20 because or this? Either that or I missed something.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2016, 04:16:07 PM »

The situation in the Northeast is intolerable.

Why work for months and months on a new constitution and not be allowed to ratify it?

To those in power in the Northeast, get your act together!

What is the Governor of the Northeast and the Northeast Representatives doing about it?

The other regions have voted.  The Northeast remains anonymous.

We in the Northeast deserve the right to vote on the ratification of the new constitution!

I have to follow the Northeast Constitution, which only allows votes on amendments on the penultimate Friday of the month, if adopted before the second Friday of the month.  I warned against this exact situation when the Federal Constitutional Amendment provision of the Northeast Constitution was approved by the voters over the past few years, but my plea to vote that amendment down fell on deaf ears.  Unfortunately, I can't unilaterally amend the Northeast Constitution.

Assuming one can argue that the new constitution was ratified when the last vote on it was cast, instead of when It was formally adopted on the 13th, I will open the voting booth this weekend.  Under the Northeast Constitution, the vote will only be held open for 72 hours, so we will likely end up finishing our vote around the same time as the other regions, anyway.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2016, 05:22:46 PM »

I have messaged the President about this, and the situation will be resolved shortly.

However, if the rebels take up arms, they will be arrested, and if they attempt violence, they stand a chance of being killed. All over a petty dispute that doesn't affect voting and is likely do be resolved almost immediately after the Constitution is passed. Chill out.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2016, 05:33:19 PM »

Idea for the new constitution: have a way to correct blatant mistake, grammatical error, typing error, numbering error, capital letter maybe just by Senate or House vote (or approval of change by the Supreme Court) so there is no need to have a long full process to make a small change to the  constitution.

Like in this case Arizona missing could be just a mistake. I don't remember if there was an argument on Arizona not being in the western-pacific region. This could fall in the oversight category. There could be a chance for citizens to oppose a quick process modification if they believe something is important enough to not have a quick process change.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2016, 06:23:50 PM »

Everybody just needs to chill out a bit here. We (well, I at the very least) knew that once the document was put forward, we'd end up finding errors, omissions and the like due to the complexity of the project. Nothing utterly debilitating has occurred yet. Any territorial issues will be solved in due time. No Region will be disenfranchised from the actual vote on ratification. If/once the document is ratified, I will ensure that we move at a fever pitch so that this interim process doesn't take months and months, because it shouldn't have to take that long.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 11:44:17 PM »

National Turnout: 26,44% (32 voters - Last Voter: PiT)

Pacific Region:

AYE: 85.72% (6)
NAY 14.28% (1)

Midwest Region:

AYE: 100% (4)
NAY 0% (0)

Mideast Region:

AYE: 100% (8 )
NAY 0% (0)

Southern Region:

AYE: 91.67% (11)
NAY 8.33% (1)

Lumine: And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, our first Nay votes have just come in, one in the Pacific, one in the South. Margins still favor the Fourth Constitution in overwhelming fashion, but we await the Northeast vote with interest and encourage once again all Atlasians to go to the polls and vote. Turnout remains low, and it is very important to see that number go up before too much time passes.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2016, 11:40:25 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2016, 12:18:31 AM by Lumine »

National Turnout: 35,53% (43 voters - Last Voter: Altsomn Stmarken)

Northeast Region:

AYE: 100% (10)

Pacific Region: - CLOSED

AYE: 85.72% (6)
NAY 14.28% (1)

Midwest Region:

AYE: 100% (5)
NAY 0% (0)

Mideast Region: - CLOSED

AYE: 100% (9)
NAY 0% (0)

Southern Region:

AYE: 91.67% (11)
NAY 8.33% (1)

Lumine: After the tireless efforts of CJO Cinyc, the Northeast has been able to go to the polls, and with what enthusiasm! With the second largest amount of votes, the Northeast is giving the Fourth Constitution a resounding Yes, which makes a Yes triumph all but secure. As the polls close in the Mideast and the Pacific, let's look at our  projections:

FOURTH CONSTITUTION PASSES THE MIDEAST

FOURTH CONSTITUTION PASSES THE PACIFIC

Lumine: There you have it, folks! Two regions have approved the Fourth Constitution, we need two more to go! That said, turnout is still very low, with three regions remaining and the number still lower than 40%. So please, once again, we encourage outstanding voters to go the polls in the Midwest, South and Northeast, and make your voice heard. By the night of May 21st, we have 2 regions to 0 approving the new Constitution, with a national popular vote of 41 to 2.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2016, 12:09:13 AM »

I haven't checked the residency or voting status of everyone, but one stuck out at me.  ascott's vote is likely invalid because he or she hasn't been a Northeast resident for 7 days, as required by law.  So it's only 10 Aye votes in the Northeast so far, assuming every other vote is valid.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 12:18:43 AM »

I haven't checked the residency or voting status of everyone, but one stuck out at me.  ascott's vote is likely invalid because he or she hasn't been a Northeast resident for 7 days, as required by law.  So it's only 10 Aye votes in the Northeast so far, assuming every other vote is valid.

Noted, mistake corrected!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2016, 12:38:18 AM »

Dkrol is in the same position, I think.  He just re-registered in Atlasia in the past few days, and is not on the last voter registry.  So his vote should be invalid, and he's not a valid candidate for Assembly despite writing himself in. 

I haven't fully vetted the other voters - I usually wait until the election is over.

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 07:48:17 AM »

As the self-chosen leader of the NAY movement, I have to say that these results are rather disappointing!

If you all only waited a little longer, you could have ratified this thing on the one year anniversary of the convention being open! Too bad Roll Eyes
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2016, 06:41:46 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2016, 06:43:48 PM by Lumine »

Lumine: Ladies and gentlemen, the polls have just closed in the South and the Midwest, so let's take a look at the final projections there:

FOURTH CONSTITUTION PASSES THE MIDWEST

FOURTH CONSTITUTION PASSES THE SOUTH

Lumine: Per Article X of the Fourth Constitution, that means:

FOURTH CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD, APPROVED IN FOUR REGIONS

Lumine: This is not a drill, ladies and gentlemen, this is not a drill. With 4 Regions having approved of the Fourth Constitution (Midwest, Mideast, Pacific and South) the new constitution is ratified! We project the Fourth Constitution has been ratified! Truly a historic night for Atlasia, my friends, after months of a long struggle, it is time to move to implementation! With the Northeast vote still ongoing, we will continue to report on this as the night develops, so please stay on our signal.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »

We did it! Things are only headed upwards from here!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2016, 06:48:32 PM »

Yes! We did it! Or - should I say - AYE! We did it!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2016, 07:01:20 PM »

Ah, my closure in the Midwest is what held it up. Sorry for the wait, but looks like now I can go down in the history books, right? The post that changed the game forever. Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2016, 08:15:07 PM »

Mine eyes hath seen the glory of the coming of the Lord,
He is tramping out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored,
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword,
His truth is marching on.

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!