The Political Tracker - 4th Constitution Special (CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:35:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Political Tracker - 4th Constitution Special (CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Political Tracker - 4th Constitution Special (CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD)  (Read 2506 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: May 16, 2016, 04:16:07 PM »

The situation in the Northeast is intolerable.

Why work for months and months on a new constitution and not be allowed to ratify it?

To those in power in the Northeast, get your act together!

What is the Governor of the Northeast and the Northeast Representatives doing about it?

The other regions have voted.  The Northeast remains anonymous.

We in the Northeast deserve the right to vote on the ratification of the new constitution!

I have to follow the Northeast Constitution, which only allows votes on amendments on the penultimate Friday of the month, if adopted before the second Friday of the month.  I warned against this exact situation when the Federal Constitutional Amendment provision of the Northeast Constitution was approved by the voters over the past few years, but my plea to vote that amendment down fell on deaf ears.  Unfortunately, I can't unilaterally amend the Northeast Constitution.

Assuming one can argue that the new constitution was ratified when the last vote on it was cast, instead of when It was formally adopted on the 13th, I will open the voting booth this weekend.  Under the Northeast Constitution, the vote will only be held open for 72 hours, so we will likely end up finishing our vote around the same time as the other regions, anyway.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:09:13 AM »

I haven't checked the residency or voting status of everyone, but one stuck out at me.  ascott's vote is likely invalid because he or she hasn't been a Northeast resident for 7 days, as required by law.  So it's only 10 Aye votes in the Northeast so far, assuming every other vote is valid.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 12:38:18 AM »

Dkrol is in the same position, I think.  He just re-registered in Atlasia in the past few days, and is not on the last voter registry.  So his vote should be invalid, and he's not a valid candidate for Assembly despite writing himself in. 

I haven't fully vetted the other voters - I usually wait until the election is over.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies