The Political Tracker - 4th Constitution Special (CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:35:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Political Tracker - 4th Constitution Special (CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Political Tracker - 4th Constitution Special (CONSTITUTION PASSES THRESHOLD)  (Read 2499 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: May 14, 2016, 05:51:14 PM »

One small correction: the ConCon rudely and selfishly cut the number of House seats down to 9 instead of 11.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 06:29:24 PM »

At first I thought this was my fault, but looking back, I don't believe I introduced the original amendment. I was convinced it was me because when my North America idea got shot down, I was planning (even until recently) on introducing a stealth inclusion of it into this portion of the Constitution under something vague like "America" or "North America" and replacing some other state with said text to maintain the overall size and alphabetical ordering of the clause. Alas, I ended up behaving...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 04:19:33 AM »

So I seem to remember insisting that the President be allowed to create whichever cabinet departments he/she wished and to appoint those people without legislative actions...well, I can create the positions, but I cannot appoint anyone to them...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

...until the Senate is elected, apparently. Or does the current Senate continue to exist in between the time this is ratified and the governments are fully seated?

Oh well: I'm probably just going to totally ignore that, establish cabinet positions and appoint cabinet officers, and then pardon everyone including myself in the event anybody wants to make a fuss about it once things reset (since technically we'll still be operating under the current rules with bans on imitating cabinet officials; I don't think there's anything formally on the books wrt me flagrantly ignoring the Constitution but if somebody wants to make a fuss then we'll find out I guess).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 06:23:50 PM »

Everybody just needs to chill out a bit here. We (well, I at the very least) knew that once the document was put forward, we'd end up finding errors, omissions and the like due to the complexity of the project. Nothing utterly debilitating has occurred yet. Any territorial issues will be solved in due time. No Region will be disenfranchised from the actual vote on ratification. If/once the document is ratified, I will ensure that we move at a fever pitch so that this interim process doesn't take months and months, because it shouldn't have to take that long.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies