Who will the undecided voters break for?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:19:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will the undecided voters break for?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Who will the undecided voters break for?  (Read 3392 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 05:25:10 PM »

Late deciders consistently broke against Trump in the primary.

That's because they were deciding which conservative would best stop Trump. Not between Trump and a single individual.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 05:40:53 PM »

It really depends on what happens between now and November. Another major terrorist attack in a Western country, especially in the US, would make many undecided voters vote for Trump. I know that's sort of a cable news cliché, but I think it's true.

If things remain more or less as they are today, I think Clinton has a slight edge.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 06:28:23 PM »

It really depends on what happens between now and November. Another major terrorist attack in a Western country, especially in the US, would make many undecided voters vote for Trump. I know that's sort of a cable news cliché, but I think it's true.

If things remain more or less as they are today, I think Clinton has a slight edge.

Maybe, but I think it depends on when and where it happens. If it happens within the next 2 - 3 months, then that might be enough time to recover. If it is a small/medium-sized attack in a foreign country, then I doubt any political benefits from that will last longer than a couple months at most. There is a big difference between America getting attacked and some random western country.

I do have to say, though, that the logic in somehow punishing the incumbent's party for an attack that happened to some other country across the world is ridiculously stupid imo. Especially when combined with this silly notion that Republicans are somehow better at handling threats (see: GWB). But, it is what it is I suppose.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies