Democratic KY / OR primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:17:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic KY / OR primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22
Author Topic: Democratic KY / OR primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)  (Read 24353 times)
sportydude

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: May 18, 2016, 05:49:10 AM »

Also, thanks for f***ing up the map even more, Kentucky. 2,000 more votes for Sanders, and you guys could've at least made it look okay. Now Indiana and West Virginia stick out like a sore thumb.

Indiana is still connected to Michigan, which in return is connected to Wisconsin.
West Virginia doesn't actually look that bad.
As red and green are complementary colors, the green blob in Appalachia looks glowing.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #476 on: May 18, 2016, 07:10:21 AM »

Hillary loses contested state number 49.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #477 on: May 18, 2016, 07:38:59 AM »

Oregon is feeling the BERN! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Fusionmunster

« Reply #478 on: May 18, 2016, 07:44:22 AM »

The way OR is going, it should be a double digit win, though not a huge one. Probably 10-12%. That shouldn't be possible, since Sanders obviously can't ever win a closed primary, and his 46% win in WA would've been a loss if only it had been a primary! Anyway, I'll accept my accolades when Bernie crosses 55%. Yeah, it's not an extreme landslide, but it still shows that the PNW is Bernie country, if Hillary loses by more than 10% even under the best conditions for her.

What accolades, no one disagreed with you.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #479 on: May 18, 2016, 07:46:49 AM »

http://demrace.com/?share=PUkKSHJ3

^^ targets I have for Sanders. He needs to get 58% in KY and deny Hillary viability (15%) in Oregon.

Well Sanders can just tie every remaining primary and get 80% in California to win as well.

Now it's down all the way to 79%!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #480 on: May 18, 2016, 08:23:06 AM »

The way OR is going, it should be a double digit win, though not a huge one. Probably 10-12%. That shouldn't be possible, since Sanders obviously can't ever win a closed primary, and his 46% win in WA would've been a loss if only it had been a primary! Anyway, I'll accept my accolades when Bernie crosses 55%. Yeah, it's not an extreme landslide, but it still shows that the PNW is Bernie country, if Hillary loses by more than 10% even under the best conditions for her.

Some people certainly did. There were those saying WA would be extremely close if it had been a primary, and at least several posters predicted Clinton would win OR.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #481 on: May 18, 2016, 08:57:58 AM »

Sites showing 10% margin with 77% in and Dave showing <10% with higher numbers. Awful showing by Bernie. Need to remove those undemocratic caucuses and he won't win states by 40% outside of Vermont.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #482 on: May 18, 2016, 09:02:56 AM »

Some people certainly did. There were those saying WA would be extremely close if it had been a primary, and at least several posters predicted Clinton would win OR.

Don't be obtuse. It would have been much closer than 75/25. In fact, it may have been closer than OR given how much more diverse and wealthy Seattle is than Portland. I agree that Bernie would no doubt have won, but don't pretend that it would have been any more of a margin than NH.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #483 on: May 18, 2016, 11:16:53 AM »

Sites showing 10% margin with 77% in and Dave showing <10% with higher numbers. Awful showing by Bernie. Need to remove those undemocratic caucuses and he won't win states by 40% outside of Vermont.

I don't know where Dave is getting his numbers but CNN is now at 83% and has Sanders up by 10.2%. He's probably going to win by significantly more than 10% in the end and I fail to see how that's an awful showing for him in a closed primary.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #484 on: May 18, 2016, 11:25:40 AM »

The late returns are really favouring Bernie. The ballots that came in from 70% reporting to 85% Bernie had to have favoured him by 20 points to make a 3 point difference in the margin. This means Bernie will probably win by 13-14 in the end.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #485 on: May 18, 2016, 11:33:39 AM »

I don't know where Dave is getting his numbers but CNN is now at 83% and has Sanders up by 10.2%. He's probably going to win by significantly more than 10% in the end and I fail to see how that's an awful showing for him in a closed primary.

Considering Oregon was the Berniest state left on the calendar and before yesterday he needed to win 2/3 of the remaining pledged delegates this was a disater for him at least in terms of the fantasy he could win the nomination.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #486 on: May 18, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »

Considering Oregon was the Berniest state left on the calendar and before yesterday he needed to win 2/3 of the remaining pledged delegates this was a disater for him at least in terms of the fantasy he could win the nomination.
The second part is true, but Bernie will almost certainly do better in North Dakota (caucus), and probably Montana (open primary).
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #487 on: May 18, 2016, 11:38:55 AM »

Also: I really liked Benchmark before this, but just ugh at how they're dismissing their bad call in Oregon.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #488 on: May 18, 2016, 11:46:44 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2016, 11:55:05 AM by Holmes »

The second part is true, but Bernie will almost certainly do better in North Dakota (caucus), and probably Montana (open primary).

North Dakota for sure. It'll probably look like a late March caucus state.

Also I think Benchmark put too much stock on the early returns. They got the first batch of results pretty good.  I think they overestimated the weight of those early returns.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #489 on: May 18, 2016, 11:54:15 AM »

Deschutes county flips to Sanders. Clinton is left with just her one vote lead in Gilliam County.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #490 on: May 18, 2016, 12:54:24 PM »

Deschutes county flips to Sanders. Clinton is left with just her one vote lead in Gilliam County.

I demand a recount in Gilliam! Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #491 on: May 18, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »

A sizable win for Bernie - if just under Obama's margin in the state. It continues to show Hillary's new relative strength in Urban areas and weakness in rural areas - despite getting closer Hillary won far less counties this time around.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #492 on: May 18, 2016, 01:20:10 PM »

I demand a recount in Gilliam! Tongue
Seriously, what is the chance that Bernie was one vote away from a county sweep in 2 states? Clearly DWS hacked the voting machines to prevent this from happening.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #493 on: May 18, 2016, 01:59:13 PM »

Considering the fact that the state was uncontested it's not THAT impressive a victory.
Obama got 59% in 2008 and back then Clinton spent both money and time.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #494 on: May 18, 2016, 02:07:24 PM »

Everything is in from Oregon, except 22% from Multnomah County (Portland). Sanders is up by 12%.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #495 on: May 18, 2016, 06:45:30 PM »

Everything is in from Oregon, except 22% from Multnomah County (Portland). Sanders is up by 12%.

Latest update from Multnomah County (Which appears to be the final results for Oregon) shows Bernie winning Oregon with 56.2%-43.8%. Also, the county went from a 14% Bernie win to a 15.2% win.

As I predicted last night early on, Bernie would likely slightly underperform Obama- '08 numbers and sweep all counties in the state (ok---- I was off by 1 vote in a small grain county in Eastern Oregon where Hillary beat Obama 101-100), but knew that same day voting would trend heavily Bernie to flip Washington, Clackamas, and Deschutes counties.

Bernie underperformed in Metro PDX compared to Obama '08 but made up a huge chunk of the gap by significantly improving downstate in rural and resource dependent Southern Oregon and SE Oregon, as well as Blue-Collar and working class areas elsewhere in the state (Linn and Columbia counties) where there has been a large historical union presence.

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #496 on: May 18, 2016, 06:52:11 PM »

Don't be obtuse. It would have been much closer than 75/25. In fact, it may have been closer than OR given how much more diverse and wealthy Seattle is than Portland. I agree that Bernie would no doubt have won, but don't pretend that it would have been any more of a margin than NH.

Of course it would have been closer, but some people were claiming it would have been "extremely close" or even that Clinton would have won.
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #497 on: May 18, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »

Bernie up by 12 points now with 93% in.

Benchmark said he'd win by only 1. I guess they went to sh**t after they got involved with Correct The Record.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #498 on: May 18, 2016, 06:59:43 PM »

Benchmark said he'd win by only 1. I guess they went to sh**t after they got involved with Correct The Record.

They put some stock in a poll that was clearly junk, and didn't factor in ideology enough. It's not the first time they've been wrong. They predicted Clinton would narrowly win IN and RI.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #499 on: May 18, 2016, 07:31:48 PM »

BUT HILLARY
U
T

H
I
L
L
A
R
Y
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22  
« previous next »