Democratic KY / OR primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:31:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic KY / OR primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic KY / OR primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)  (Read 24419 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 17, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »

The thing to watch about Oregon (and Kentucky) is that it seems like the electorate turning out in both states is very old.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:36:33 PM »

The thing to watch about Oregon (and Kentucky) is that it seems like the electorate turning out in both states is very old.

Even moreso than normal?

In Kentucky apparently, the universities are out for summer and turnout is way down on college campuses.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 02:33:57 PM »

^^ Are any of the ballots received after today counted?
No, I don't think so. I believe they do a final pick up at the drop off boxes at or shortly after 8, and that's it.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 12:50:51 AM »

Entering in the current seven point margin into the demrace.com calculator puts the delegate allocation at 33 Sanders, 28 Clinton.

This puts his needed % in California to 70.001%. He also now needs 60% in New Jersey, 63% in New Mexico, and 53% in Puerto Rico. This is in addition to denying Hillary viability in MT, SD, and ND, and holding her to 64% in the Virgin Islands and 70% in DC.

rly

Sanders's speech tonight involved no "tone-down" whatsoever. He said catching up in pledged delegates was difficult, but possible.
I wonder if he actually believes that.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 02:28:49 AM »

The way OR is going, it should be a double digit win, though not a huge one. Probably 10-12%. That shouldn't be possible, since Sanders obviously can't ever win a closed primary, and his 46% win in WA would've been a loss if only it had been a primary! Anyway, I'll accept my accolades when Bernie crosses 55%. Yeah, it's not an extreme landslide, but it still shows that the PNW is Bernie country, if Hillary loses by more than 10% even under the best conditions for her.

I think he may end up winning every county too.
Gilliam County is 100% reporting, and Clinton won by 1 votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies