Hillary will be our next president and here's why.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:40:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary will be our next president and here's why.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary will be our next president and here's why.  (Read 2297 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2016, 12:57:41 PM »

Hillary will be the 45th president, this is why. People are saying Trump will take her down easy but he won't. He will try to attack her by using her emails, the Benghazi attack and Bill Clinton's "past". It will have "we heard it all" effect and it will backfire on Trump significantly it will cause his unfavorable rating to tank more. Hillary's unfavorable rating is in the 50s now but it will improve over the summer once everyone sees Trump for who he really is and once the media turns on him.

The turning point for Hillary will be the first presidential debate in September where she's seen as calm,presidential, and confident laughing off Trump whenever he insults her. Trump offers no clear plan on what he is gonna do for America over the next 4 years besides "build that wall!!" And that will be the end of him.

That is why I think Trump is DOA. He may be tied with Hillary in the polls that's only because that her and Bernie are still battling it out for the Democratic nomination. Once Bernie is out....expect her numbers to improve dramatically. 

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 03:56:30 PM »

I agree. A lot of people's arguments for who will win rest on the assumption that only one side will do any campaigning.
cowboys5xsbs
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »

Hillary will be the 45th president, this is why. People are saying Trump will take her down easy but he won't. He will try to attack her by using her emails, the Benghazi attack and Bill Clinton's "past". It will have "we heard it all" effect and it will backfire on Trump significantly it will cause his unfavorable rating to tank more. Hillary's unfavorable rating is in the 50s now but it will improve over the summer once everyone sees Trump for who he really is and once the media turns on him.

The turning point for Hillary will be the first presidential debate in September where she's seen as calm,presidential, and confident laughing off Trump whenever he insults her. Trump offers no clear plan on what he is gonna do for America over the next 4 years besides "build that wall!!" And that will be the end of him.

That is why I think Trump is DOA. He may be tied with Hillary in the polls that's only because that her and Bernie are still battling it out for the Democratic nomination. Once Bernie is out....expect her numbers to improve dramatically.  

She better hope she does not fracture the party with all this Bernie stuff imo
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 04:09:00 PM »

She's a well-known long-time Democrat holding mainstream Democratic positions and is the wife of a Democratic president. I'm not sure it'd be fair to say that people who refuse to back her in the general election were ever actually Democrats in the first place.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:52:47 PM »

Hillary is not a lock.

That said, I do agree the first debate could be a great breakout moment for her. The ratings will be sky high, and the contrast between the two on the debate stage should leave a lasting impression on people who want a serious president.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 04:54:00 PM »

Perhaps by that time the GOP will have put the brakes on Trump enough to make him a more acceptable candidate. I agree with the thread starter that Hillary has all those things going for her, but I'm still with the poster who says "don't OVER estimate" the voting public.

standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 04:55:30 PM »

These threads are great and all, but do we really need to keep making them?

I'm tempted to make one called "Mitt Romney will be our next president and here's why"
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 05:11:11 PM »

I'm going to vote for Trump if I keep seeing these "Hillary wins because blah blah" threads.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 05:49:04 PM »

Hillary will be the 45th president, this is why. People are saying Trump will take her down easy but he won't.

Who's, apart from a few brain-dead trolls, even say that? Even if Trump takes Hillary down, it certainly not going to be easy.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 06:25:29 PM »

Only the mentally challenged are saying that Trump will take.her down easily
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 07:01:54 PM »

Oh partisan, oh partisan, how lovely is your hackery
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 07:47:48 PM »

She's a well-known long-time Democrat holding mainstream Democratic positions and is the wife of a Democratic president. I'm not sure it'd be fair to say that people who refuse to back her in the general election were ever actually Democrats in the first place.

That'll get her 31% of the vote.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Hillary Clinton will never be President. 
psychprofessor

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 09:57:41 PM »

Hillary is not a lock.

That said, I do agree the first debate could be a great breakout moment for her. The ratings will be sky high, and the contrast between the two on the debate stage should leave a lasting impression on people who want a serious president.

Debates nowadays rarely move the needle - the tend to just reinforce beliefs. I actually think the conventions, back to back, will have a huge effect before the Olympics. People will be able to contrast the Republicans and Trump's VP pick with Clinton and her's. I also think having Obama campaign for Hillary after the primary will be a big lift.

Operationally, Trump is so far behind in his ground game and data analytics that he is already in a deficit. He really thinks he can win on sheer force of personality and social media.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 09:59:36 PM »

Hillary is not a lock.

Debates nowadays rarely move the needle - the tend to just reinforce beliefs. I actually think the conventions, back to back, will have a huge effect before the Olympics. People will be able to contrast the Republicans and Trump's VP pick with Clinton and her's. I also think having Obama campaign for Hillary after the primary will be a big lift.

Operationally, Trump is so far behind in his ground game and data analytics that he is already in a deficit. He really thinks he can win on sheer force of personality and social media.

Kerry and Romney both got pretty decent bounces from the first debate.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 10:01:40 PM »

Hillary is not a lock.

Kerry and Romney both got pretty decent bounces from the first debate.

I agree both that the debate can matter to a mild degree, and that Trump's supposed decision to dismiss turnout analytics is colossally stupid and will almost guarantee his defeat.  I don't think Republicans can win in a Presidential year without them at this point.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 11:48:48 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Hillary Clinton will never be President. 

You can have said this before and you may say it again: no person will ever walk on the Moon.

Wrong on both counts.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 12:15:50 AM »

The fact that a post like this has to be made is a sign Hillary hacks are worried.

Trump is right now slated to lose by 5% is my estimate.  He needs to gain another 5-6% to win from where he currently stands.  No, hes not winning 40sh numbers with hispanics nor going to win huge percent of blacks.  Those groups are pretty much democratic forever.   Its the Rustbelt white working class vote that will get him elected.  All he needs to do is convince them that he can actually be president the 1st debate will be key in this.  Hillary knows more than he does on a number of issues, but everbody knows that. All Trump has to do is show that he can command the stage (he actually held his own against 17 other knowledgeable candidates).   

Its interesting now that Hillary's campaign his going super negative instead of run on her record. It seems to me that shes thrown in the towel on the working class vote and is going for identity politics. 

If I'm advising trump I'd go all in on NAFTA and TPP. Make this election a referendum on those two issues with small hints of anti-immigration.  Ohio, PA and MI are the targets.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 01:26:51 AM »

Lichtman test bro, Trump will be president because Obama won't anything major enough and Sanders will win more than 1/3 of the delegats.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 02:53:08 AM »

Testing.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 07:10:41 AM »

Yes, but for the faithful, hope springs eternal.

The turning point for Hillary this time around will be the results of the FBI investigation, and it's not going to be a particularly pretty turning point.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 10:17:33 AM »

Yes, but for the faithful, hope springs eternal.

The turning point for Hillary this time around will be the results of the FBI investigation, and it's not going to be a particularly pretty turning point.

Nonsense the Obama administration will never allow Hillary to be charged with anything.   This will be swept under the rug with the rest of the crooked Clintons crimes.

Ill say it again in the history of american politics the Clintons are one of the most corrupted , unethical families ever.   Here and Bill makes Nixion look like a political saint.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 10:58:02 AM »

First, Trump has pretty much closed the gap in recent national polls and is now tied with her in 3 huge swing states (OH, FL and PA). And Trump hasn't even touched her on voting for the Iraq War, leading the charge in Libya, trade/TPP, the Clinton Foundation scandal and the Wall Street speech transcripts.

Secondly, she can't even unite her own damn party. She just lost Oregon (a CLOSED primary with no unaffiliated voters) and tied Bernie in Kentucky. The fact that a "Bernie or Bust" movement exists is bad on her part, because she should've clinched the nomination and gained the support of most Democrat voters.
And let's not forget she's currently under FBI investigation, something that could stretch beyond the convention.

But sure, this election is going to be a cakewalk for her. At least that's what you hear from mainstream media and from polling experts like Nate Silver, who have been proven wrong time and time again throughout this whole election season.

All in all, anyone who says this election is just a coronation for Clinton needs to wake up.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 03:23:44 PM »

We've heard this before.  Given what the Trump Primary Deniers have suffered, I'm not putting my money on the Trump General Election Deniers' prognostications.

Donald Trump, I believe, can get the attention of enough of the independent and Democratic vote to win.  He may not, but he can, and given what he's pulled off so far, that isn't a radical statement.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 05:33:56 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2016, 05:56:07 PM by Virginia »

We've heard this before.  Given what the Trump Primary Deniers have suffered, I'm not putting my money on the Trump General Election Deniers' prognostications.

Donald Trump, I believe, can get the attention of enough of the independent and Democratic vote to win.  He may not, but he can, and given what he's pulled off so far, that isn't a radical statement.

Actually, yes it is, for right now, anyway. Winning a Republican presidential primary is far different than winning the general election. Trump didn't just snatch up the nomination amicably, he did it using hate and scapegoating that has offended and alienated very large swathes of the general electorate. Considering just what kind of voters comprise the Democratic party, saying he can win over a sizable contingent of them to win in November is plain crazy talk for the time being.

Also, it's not difficult to attain at least a limited understanding of why everyone was so wrong about Trump, yet so many keep acting like it's a giant mystery and anyone who doubts Trump must be ignored because... think of the primaries?! Just my opinion, but, you should read what people say on both sides of the aisle and try to understand what they are saying, instead of writing them off just because some of them may have screwed up their primary predictions.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies