Hillary will be our next president and here's why.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:57:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary will be our next president and here's why.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary will be our next president and here's why.  (Read 2288 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 08:18:34 PM »

I hate to burst your bubble, but Trump has pulled ahead of Clinton in the newest polls released today.

Just sayin'.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 08:31:03 PM »

I hate to burst your bubble, but Trump has pulled ahead of Clinton in the newest polls released today.

Just sayin'.

Fox polls. And McCain was leading at this point in 2008. Just sayin'.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 09:05:33 PM »

Just sayin'.

Good thing I've always gone by the average of the polls. Trying to shove single polls in peoples faces is pointless. Look for trends and other polls to confirm your initial findings. Don't take the latest poll that happens to be favorable to your party and run with it, because the next poll after that could show the complete opposite.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 09:34:21 PM »

We've heard this before.  Given what the Trump Primary Deniers have suffered, I'm not putting my money on the Trump General Election Deniers' prognostications.

Donald Trump, I believe, can get the attention of enough of the independent and Democratic vote to win.  He may not, but he can, and given what he's pulled off so far, that isn't a radical statement.

Actually, yes it is, for right now, anyway. Winning a Republican presidential primary is far different than winning the general election. Trump didn't just snatch up the nomination amicably, he did it using hate and scapegoating that has offended and alienated very large swathes of the general electorate. Considering just what kind of voters comprise the Democratic party, saying he can win over a sizable contingent of them to win in November is plain crazy talk for the time being.

Also, it's not difficult to attain at least a limited understanding of why everyone was so wrong about Trump, yet so many keep acting like it's a giant mystery and anyone who doubts Trump must be ignored because... think of the primaries?! Just my opinion, but, you should read what people say on both sides of the aisle and try to understand what they are saying, instead of writing them off just because some of them may have screwed up their primary predictions.

Trump is the presumptive GOP nominee right now because folks like Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, and Reince Priebus got it wrong as to just exactly who comprised the Republican rank and file.  They found out that the "movement conservatives" were a mere minority in the party, and that there wa a huge populist swath that could appeal to other types of Republicans better than Movement Conservatives could.  Notice how no one calls each other a RINO anymore.

Who's to say, Virginia, that you aren't making the same mistake about the Democratic Party.  If you look at Trump's position on trade and foreign policy, he's a lot closer to Bernie than Hillary is, and this isn't a secret.  A lot of folks like me are, in fact, independents, but registered in one or the other major party.  I'm a registered Republican, and I tend to lean Democratic, but I vote in every Republican primary, and there are lots like me who are not real party stalwarts, but who are in agreement with Trump on trade, immigration, and foreign policy.  Trump's positions are closer to Sanders' position than Hillary's on those issues.  I think that there are a number of Sanderistas that have the potential to vote for Trump on issues.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 06:56:20 AM »

I personally whole-heartedly support Mrs Clinton. I already wrote that she is the best candidate for Russia https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=233957.msg5010871#msg5010871
and Trump is the worst one.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 09:29:35 AM »

Just sayin'.

Good thing I've always gone by the average of the polls. Trying to shove single polls in peoples faces is pointless. Look for trends and other polls to confirm your initial findings. Don't take the latest poll that happens to be favorable to your party and run with it, because the next poll after that could show the complete opposite.

Yup,

FOX has Trump up by 3%
CNN has Hillary up by 13%

And that probably has no relevance to how the electoral college system works.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 10:17:32 AM »

I personally whole-heartedly support Mrs Clinton. I already wrote that she is the best candidate for Russia https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=233957.msg5010871#msg5010871
and Trump is the worst one.

Wow, some of the people here cannot handle a dissenting foreign opinion.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »

Just sayin'.

Fox polls. And McCain was leading at this point in 2008. Just sayin'.

Three new very reputable polls out today, not a Fox poll, all of them showing Trump trending up.  He is tied in these polls with Clinton, even leading.

The race, dead even. 

To the Hillary is inevitable crowd out there, I say quit hiding your heads in the sand.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »

Killery will not be president. Us coal miners and white working class blue collar Reagan Democrats will see to that!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies