Bernie rage quits interview after being asked about Chaos at Nevada convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:41:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie rage quits interview after being asked about Chaos at Nevada convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bernie rage quits interview after being asked about Chaos at Nevada convention  (Read 1880 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2016, 04:37:39 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bernie-sanders-abruptly-ends-interview-after-reporter-asks-about-nevada-chaos/
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 04:38:10 PM »

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 04:56:47 PM »

Wow.
I am now only learning about the details of what happened in Nevada over the weekend.
This is a horror story.
Again, as I have said before, this is totally disappointing to hear because I have respect for Bernie and his cause, but this is disgusting.
How disgusting ? ..... like bottom-of-the-barrel-Trump-disgusting !!

Via CNN, here is a snippet of some of what took place :
Loud cursing, shouting, obscene gestures and vile insults, including crude comments about the female anatomy. It was all on display over the weekend as supporters of Bernie Sanders turned the Nevada State Democratic Convention into chaos.
Link: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/17/politics/democrat-bernie-sanders-revolt/index.html

Protest .... OK. Being loud .... OK.
Acting like a bunch of trump-thugs, NOT OK.
To Sander supporters .... don't act like trash ! You are only making your candidate resemble your actions.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »

The same thing happened in Nevada in 2012 on the Republican side. The real problem and common denominator here is Nevada's sh[inks]ty caucus/delegate system, which naturally foments confusion, discord and rage due to the stupid, arcane ways in which everything is handled.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 05:23:08 PM »

Yep, Bernie's staff put out lies while the convention was happening to whip his protesters up into a rage, the resulting riots makes it into mainstream press with favorable coverage for Bernie's side at first, the coverage turns negative unexpectedly after the Nevada state party fights back, Bernie refuses to condemn his supporters, Bernie walks out of an interview when asked about Nevada, Harry Reid has a very long meeting with Bernie telling him he has to do something, Bernie puts out a letter basically saying his supporters were in the right to riot and repeats the same lies* his staff sent out that started the riots, Reid says he's very very disappointed in Bernie.  That's our timeline so far unless I'm missing anything?

What a courageous and effective leader.  Such a shame he never became president, I'd have loved to see him handle the Cuban missile crisis!

*even if you don't believe the myriad blog posts and news reports from the floor, a simple examination of the rules is enough to see that Bernie's staff were lying.  Bernie knows full well what he's doing and that the Nevada state party followed the rules exactly, rules that his campaign helped draft.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 05:26:39 PM »

Ever been to Nevada? Unless up in the mountains near Lake Tahoe, given the environment, and who lives there, it's remarkable just how many of its residents do remain sane.  Kudos to the substantially minority who can withstand the environmental onslaught, and still have some ability to function as if sane.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »

Bernie Sanders aka the democratic Donald Trump.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 05:29:08 PM »

Ever been to Nevada? Unless up in the mountains near Lake Tahoe, given the environment, and who lives there, it's remarkable just how many of its residents do remain sane.  Kudos to the substantially minority who can withstand the environmental onslaught, and still have some ability to function as if sane.

Nothing like Hudson, New York. Right, Torie?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 05:36:41 PM »

I think that the Democratic leadership has indulged more than enough the old fool's quixotic quest.
It's time to drop the hammer to his "campaign".
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 05:46:37 PM »

What a "leader!" If he can't even handle the liberal mainstream media, how is he gonna handle Speaker Paul Ryan in Washington? Sad!
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 07:38:08 PM »

It's clear Sanders has no idea what to do now that his "revolution" in Nevada at least is out of control.  I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.  It's not like he had a coherent plan for much else in this campaign.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »

All the good parts of the Sanders campaign left long ago. It's time for Sanders to cut his losses.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 07:45:23 PM »

After Sanders gets his voters to vote Clinton and the election is over he should be stripped of seniority and put on all the crap committees that nobody cares about. He needs to be punished.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 07:47:39 PM »

It's moments like this that make me relieved that Sanders isn't getting the nomination, it shows the amateurish nature of his campaign staff.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 07:48:39 PM »

After Sanders gets his voters to vote Clinton and the election is over he should be stripped of seniority and put on all the crap committees that nobody cares about. He needs to be punished.

Keep dreaming.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 07:55:58 PM »

The Democratic Party has never taken advice from you and thankfully it's not about to start!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 07:57:55 PM »

I think that the Democratic leadership has indulged more than enough the old fool's quixotic quest.
It's time to drop the hammer to his "campaign".

Hear hear!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »

Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 09:12:27 PM »

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with this at this point.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 09:31:47 PM »

Wow, Hillary hacks are unhinged.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 09:36:14 PM »

Honestly, I don't see MasterJedi's point here. He's a Republican who has been making a lot of posts recently whining about a candidate from the opposite party who has virtually no chance at the nomination. It's like if a Democrat was consistently going on and on about how horrible John Kasich is.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 09:39:47 PM »

Honestly, I don't see MasterJedi's point here. He's a Republican who has been making a lot of posts recently whining about a candidate from the opposite party who has virtually no chance at the nomination. It's like if a Democrat was consistently going on and on about how horrible John Kasich is.

MasterJedi constantly whines about something here.  This isn't new.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 09:46:44 PM »

Are you kin to Sarah Palin, by chance?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:25 PM »

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 09:51:01 PM »

I've said numerous times I'll vote for Clinton over Trump, I won't vote for Sanders though (or Trump in that case) so I have vested interest.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies