I just found a $750/month one bedroom apartment in Brooklyn
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:23:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I just found a $750/month one bedroom apartment in Brooklyn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I just found a $750/month one bedroom apartment in Brooklyn  (Read 1530 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 12:37:27 PM »

No. The last thing I need is BRTD living closer to me.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 12:48:19 PM »

Heh, I pay the same for a one bedroom apartment in a decent neighborhood, compared to this single room in a four bedroom apartment in the ghetto.

BRTD, you're 32.  You're a little old for roommates.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 01:20:24 PM »

Heh, I pay the same for a one bedroom apartment in a decent neighborhood, compared to this single room in a four bedroom apartment in the ghetto.

While I do live on my own now I do know many people in Minneapolis my age with roommates, and I'm sure it's more common in NYC for obvious reasons.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 02:18:44 PM »

While I do live on my own now I do know many people in Minneapolis my age with roommates, and I'm sure it's more common in NYC for obvious reasons.

Yeah, if you're single, I don't see what the big deal is in having roommates.  If it lowers the rent, isn't that a good thing?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 02:40:23 PM »

I love how ironically BRTD is helping in the slow gentrification of Brooklyn.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 03:44:43 PM »

Yeah, if you're single, I don't see what the big deal is in having roommates.  If it lowers the rent, isn't that a good thing?

Your profile says you're only 19.  Of course having roommates is fine with you, as it was for me at your age.  But by your thirties you should have your sh**t figured out by now, whether that's living wih you LTR partner, or if that's not an option yet, then earning enough to have a place of your own.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »

You live in a cheap city. Minneapolis is the most second expensive city in the Midwest. That's still cheap compared to the coasts but we still have a cost of living that's non-neglibly above the national average. I do live alone as noted but there have been times I've thought about trying to get a roommate or move in elsewhere, which as I noted isn't uncommon even at my age here. I don't think I need to compare Las Vegas or Minneapolis to New York City in terms of cost.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »

I've known lots of people around brtd's age (is he actually 32?  never would have guessed based on his posts) who have roommates.  If you're single and living in an expensive area, it's a pretty obvious option unless you're lucky enough to be rich or have a really high-paying job. 

Though frankly I'd advise brtd against moving to NYC unless he has a job lined up for him there.  Even if the rent at this place is relatively cheap, everything else there is super expensive.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »

I'm told that in Italy, sons live with their families for seemingly nearly forever (perhaps departing if and when they get married, which may explain why Italy's fertility rate is so low these days - who in their right mind would want to lose free room and board), and spend their money on nice clothes, since room and board is free. There certainly were a lot of those dudes lounging around on the Spanish Steps in Rome when I was there about 10 years ago. So at least BRTD is not still living with his mother!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »

Well then, I don't know what else to say except that that sucks for all of you.  The real lesson here is: don't live in places you can't afford to live alone.  Roommates suck.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 07:39:25 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2016, 07:45:59 PM by ascott »

BRTD, wasn't it you who made that cringeworthy thread about high-crime areas being desirable to low-crime ones?

EDIT: Nevermind.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 10:02:16 PM »

I didn't know where exactly Amboy St was but then I consulted the map, lol.

Good ol' Brownsville! Happy moving, BRTD.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »

I've lived in UES and Bergen County and I'd rather live in NJ over Manhattan any day. As for Brooklyn... forget about it!

New Jersey is absolutely atrocious and is by far the worst best state in the Northeast.
Smiley

>kentucky
>knowing even the basics of what a good and bad state are
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2016, 01:31:50 AM »

New York in general is pretty safe, except for the one neighborhood where this apartment is. Brownsville is comparable to the worst parts of Chicago. Black people are afraid of going there. It probably won't be gentrified for another 20 years, if ever.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2016, 03:40:13 AM »

I just found a 450€ 2 bedrooms 'village house' with a little terrasse on that island, 4km from ocean seaside, 4km from 'continental seaside' and maybe for 4km from 'the capital' too.

Now that's being lucky.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies