X-Men: Apocalypse
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:07:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  X-Men: Apocalypse
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: X-Men: Apocalypse  (Read 532 times)
The Arizonan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »

Is it too early to do a thread on this movie?

This is definitely not going to be the last X-Men movie, especially since they have a whole mountain of characters in the comics that they still haven't used like Mister Sinister, Legion, etc.

I predict that Apocalypse is going to have the X-Men by the balls, but then Wolverine steals the scene and saves the day.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:24:20 PM »

I hate the X-Men franchise, every other line of dialogue is "humans hates us, and were the next step in evolution!" Seriously, at least when marvel copies themselves the lines differ from each other. That said, I actually enjoyed Deadpool, and The Wolverine.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:29:47 AM »

I hate the X-Men franchise, every other line of dialogue is "humans hates us, and were the next step in evolution!" Seriously, at least when marvel copies themselves the lines differ from each other. That said, I actually enjoyed Deadpool, and The Wolverine.

It's too bad that we didn't get to see more mutants in The Wolverine and Deadpool.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 11:44:52 AM »

It's too bad that we didn't get to see more mutants in The Wolverine and Deadpool.

The Wolverine definately, but Deadpool needed to focus on just Deadpool.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 04:05:38 PM »

I saw it yesterday and I can tell people this, with no spoilers.

It was a mediocre movie, I would give it 3/5. The effects was okay, through I would say inferior to some of the individual scenes in BvS, through it beat handily BvS by having a mostly coherent plot and a vastly superior manuscript. It had some plot hole, but they didn't destroy the movie, through without them I would likely give it 4/5 instead. In general the Horsemen's (with one exception) motivation was unclear. The actors mostly delivered, with Jennifer Lawrence as the main exception (she mailed it in).
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »

I thought X-Men: Apocalypse sucked and that the movie didn't do justice to the Apocalypse character. He looked kind of like a pushover whereas in the cartoons, he could give the X-Men a serious run for their money.

The next X-Men movie is definitely going to feature Mister Sinister.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 04:13:30 PM »

I thought X-Men: Apocalypse sucked and that the movie didn't do justice to the Apocalypse character. He looked kind of like a pushover whereas in the cartoons, he could give the X-Men a serious run for their money.

The next X-Men movie is definitely going to feature Mister Sinister.

Agreed. Apocalypse and Mr Sinister were my two favorite villains, and I'm disappointed that they screwed up Apocalypse's film. I don't know exactly what it was in this, but it sucked. I don't like how it ended, either. If they character could have done that all along, why didn't they do it sooner? It really was too simplistic and...boring. I am also getting kind of annoyed at how Magneto is always a focus in these films, and somehow in this one he is so powerful. They really overdid his powers in this movie, imo.

I really hope they do better with Mr. Sinister.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 05:58:44 PM »

The X-Men movies have a fine tradition of ruining mutant characters.

I'm not surprised that Wolverine made an appearance in this installment. He's even in X-Men First Class. The part that is surprising is that Wolverine didn't have a role in stopping Apocalypse.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies