Sacrificial lambs that ended up winning the election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:58:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sacrificial lambs that ended up winning the election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sacrificial lambs that ended up winning the election  (Read 7831 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 18, 2016, 09:49:06 PM »

Chip Cravaack. The last time Oberstar was held under 60% was the year I was born (1992).
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 11:05:04 PM »

Surely Kay Hagan, wasn't she an unknown State Senator before 2008?

Hagan was definitely an underdog, but I wouldn't really say she was a "sacrificial lamb." IIRC, there were signs early on that Dole could be vulnerable.

You could also say that about Joni Ernst. A previously low-profile state senator who ran in a race where she was initially the underdog. Both won by about the same margin, too. 
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 12:01:58 AM »

Maybe not a sacrificial lamb, but I'm sure Steve Stockman beating Jack Brooks in 1994 is worth mentioning. By the early 90s, Brooks was winning by smaller margins that he was used to, but OTOH, 1994 was Stockman's third run at the district, so he was probably approaching perennial candidate status.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies