William Weld - Libertarian VP Candidate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:58:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  William Weld - Libertarian VP Candidate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: William Weld - Libertarian VP Candidate  (Read 3349 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: May 19, 2016, 12:00:00 AM »

That is a serious ticket. What is worse: it may, actually, elect Trump.

How so?  I would think that the ticket is more likely to attract dissafected Republicans than Democrats.

I can see some Democrats thinking "oh, I doesn't want to vote for Trump, but I won't have to vote for Hillary now, with third candidate". Some may definitively go.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:27:21 AM »

That is a serious ticket. What is worse: it may, actually, elect Trump.

How so?  I would think that the ticket is more likely to attract disaffected Republicans than Democrats.

I can see some Democrats thinking "oh, I doesn't want to vote for Trump, but I won't have to vote for Hillary now, with third candidate". Some may definitively go.

Yeah, but those voters will just vote Green or Libertarian anyway regardless of who is on those tickets, if that is their line of thinking.

Good point.

I don't expect a large number of voters abandoning their major party this election, whether we're talking about Republicans or Democrats. Third party bids are always overhyped. And the fact that both nominees are rather divisive figures (and not wildly popular) may make the election even more polarized, rather than giving a third party a credible performance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies