Describe these voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:57:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Describe these voters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe these voters  (Read 788 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2016, 12:32:41 AM »

This thread title is overused, but I thought this one might actually have some use at this point:

1) Voter who responds to polls that they "approve" of the job Obama is doing, but plans to vote for Trump in November.

2) Voter who responds to polls that they "disapprove" of the job Obama is doing, but plans to vote for Clinton in November.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 12:46:32 AM »

This thread title is overused, but I thought this one might actually have some use at this point:

1) Voter who responds to polls that they "approve" of the job Obama is doing, but plans to vote for Trump in November.

2) Voter who responds to polls that they "disapprove" of the job Obama is doing, but plans to vote for Clinton in November.

1. Very weird people.
2. People who are terrified of Trump.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 12:49:30 AM »

1) IMPOSSIBLE.  There could be someone who voted Obama 12 and Trump 16, but not someone who is satisified with how Obama's doing RN and also plans to vote for Trump.

2)
- Older big city Jewish foreign policy hawk
- The Koch Bros/#never trumpers/David Brooks
- Sam Seder/Me/rare fellow "emoprogs" who are pragmatic enough to vote for Hillary because she's the lesser of two evils and there is too much at stake
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 12:57:48 AM »

1)
-Sexists who usually vote Democratic
-People who are easily played by the media, though only tune in during presidential election years

2)
-People who aren't crazy about Obama/Clinton, but can't stand the thought of Trump being president.
-Conservatives who think Trump is a liberal Democrat out to destroy the Republican Party (lol)
-Racists who usually vote Democratic
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 04:18:04 AM »

1) IMPOSSIBLE.  There could be someone who voted Obama 12 and Trump 16, but not someone who is satisified with how Obama's doing RN and also plans to vote for Trump.

2)
- Sam Seder/Me/rare fellow "emoprogs" who are pragmatic enough to vote for Hillary because she's the lesser of two evils and there is too much at stake

Actually its not.  I went all in on Obama in 08 . Went door to door for him as well locally.   Supported him throughout his 1st term even thought the birther nonsense was over the line.   Same in 2012 supported him over Romney although not as strongly.     When Obama went all in on the BLM and gun grabbing stuff along with the failure of obamacare i completely turned against him.

If Trump wins it will because of normally democratic voters like me who rejected being pulled to the extreme left.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 04:54:33 AM »

2)

Actually its not.  I went all in on Obama in 08 . Went door to door for him as well locally.   Supported him throughout his 1st term even thought the birther nonsense was over the line.   Same in 2012 supported him over Romney although not as strongly.     When Obama went all in on the BLM and gun grabbing stuff along with the failure of obamacare i completely turned against him.

If Trump wins it will because of normally democratic voters like me who rejected being pulled to the extreme left.

Wouldn't that mean that you currently don't approve of Obama, though?
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 05:23:37 AM »

2)

Response to the 1st part of someone who voted for Obama in 2012.  Obama in my opinion is handling some things correctly right now.  He went off the rails with the sellout to extreme left blm crowd.  Had he never done that i honestly feel his approval ratings would be high 50s and Hillary wouldn't have nearly the issues with sanders or a hard time winning in nov. 

Funny to think Obama pushing the party far left may deny Hillary the white house.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 08:36:40 AM »

I mean I might be #1, I approve of Obama but might vote for Trump.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 09:02:15 AM »

2)

Response to the 1st part of someone who voted for Obama in 2012.  Obama in my opinion is handling some things correctly right now.  He went off the rails with the sellout to extreme left blm crowd.  Had he never done that i honestly feel his approval ratings would be high 50s and Hillary wouldn't have nearly the issues with sanders or a hard time winning in nov. 

Funny to think Obama pushing the party far left may deny Hillary the white house.

But the question is about people who approve of Obama and vote for Trump. I don't think it's impossible, but you certainly wouldn't count.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 11:47:52 AM »

I do know someone who somewhat fits the bill of #1 - basically a #BernieOrBust/#NeverHillary person who is very left-wing and plans to do a protest vote in November because he doesn't live in a swing state. Knowing him, though, he'll probably just go for Stein in the end.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 11:59:12 AM »

1. HP
2. FF
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 07:24:40 PM »

1) Sexists, some #BernieOrBust types, people who dislike "dynasties"

2) David Brooks types. Racists. People who disapprove of Obama from the left, but will still vote Democrat every election.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 08:47:25 PM »

1) IMPOSSIBLE.  There could be someone who voted Obama 12 and Trump 16, but not someone who is satisfied with how Obama's doing RN and also plans to vote for Trump.

2)

Actually its not.  I went all in on Obama in 08. Went door to door for him as well locally.   Supported him throughout his 1st term even thought the birther nonsense was over the line.   Same in 2012 supported him over Romney although not as strongly.  When Obama went all in on the BLM and gun grabbing stuff along with the failure of obamacare i completely turned against him.

MK is in the group that's keeping the Dem party faithful up at night. Obama spoke about a certain vision, and that vision was never realized. Obamacare is a complete disaster. The economy is anemic. The folks in uniform are not very happy with their Commander in Chief. How many people can say that they're doing better today than they were when Obama became president in 2008?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 09:34:16 PM »

1) Low info independents (probably white males) that vaguely hear from the media that Obama = good, Hillary = bad.

2) Suburban white women who are offended by Trump.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 09:38:32 PM »

1. Bernie Bros
2. Neocons
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 10:31:15 PM »

1. Conservative Democrats/Democrats somewhat between the Blue Dogs and New Democrats who are pretty populist on free trade, foreign policy, and the like.
2. Neoconservative Jews or a moderately center-left woman.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 11:14:20 PM »

1) IMPOSSIBLE.  There could be someone who voted Obama 12 and Trump 16, but not someone who is satisfied with how Obama's doing RN and also plans to vote for Trump.

2)

Actually its not.  I went all in on Obama in 08. Went door to door for him as well locally.   Supported him throughout his 1st term even thought the birther nonsense was over the line.   Same in 2012 supported him over Romney although not as strongly.  When Obama went all in on the BLM and gun grabbing stuff along with the failure of obamacare i completely turned against him.

MK is in the group that's keeping the Dem party faithful up at night. Obama spoke about a certain vision, and that vision was never realized. Obamacare is a complete disaster. The economy is anemic. The folks in uniform are not very happy with their Commander in Chief. How many people can say that they're doing better today than they were when Obama became president in 2008?

1) The only people who currently say Obamacare is a disaster are people who have been opposed to it every step of the way.

2) The economy's growth is slow, but it is growth especially in job numbers. It's hard to run on "We're not doing good ENOUGH" compared to say a complete recession.

3) Evidence? I'm fairly sure that the majority of our nation's military are Republican voters by and large, but I'm sure a lot of them are glad they aren't dying in the Middle East over nothing. American troops aren't the ones clamoring for war, it's Chickenhawk Republicans.

4) If you ask me, the only thing in America that has gotten worse since 2008 is that one of our major political parties has become completely unhinged.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 12:08:31 AM »

1: My Uncle.

2: A reasonable Bernie supporter.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 12:26:45 AM »

1: My Uncle.

What's his reasoning?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 12:30:04 AM »

That's the thing, it's totally possible to have voted for Obama and now support Trump, but idk how you can CURRENTLY  APPROVE of BO's performance and not want to elect HRC who is running as Obama 3.0
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 12:32:23 AM »

That's the thing, it's totally possible to have voted for Obama and now support Trump, but idk how you can CURRENTLY  APPROVE of BO's performance and not want to elect HRC who is running as Obama 3.0

The media adores Obama and despises Hillary. If one is easily influenced by the media, then why not?
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 10:07:15 AM »

1.) People who are into the whole "change" thing but are not sure what that change should be. Just that there should be change, dammit!

2.) Establishment Democrats who aren't disgruntled enough to vote against Hillary and/or too scared of Trump.  Some #NeverTrump Bernie supporters as well.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 02:55:35 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hello Donald Trump! Big business, NE Rockefeller Republican.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

TX Latina, who works for a bank.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies