Clinton Super PAC's "Does Trump speak for you?" ad earns "Pants on Fire" rating
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:48:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Super PAC's "Does Trump speak for you?" ad earns "Pants on Fire" rating
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton Super PAC's "Does Trump speak for you?" ad earns "Pants on Fire" rating  (Read 2226 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2016, 07:55:51 AM »
« edited: May 19, 2016, 07:18:10 PM by Likely Voter »

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/18/priorities-usa-action/priorities-usa-donald-trump-women-ad/

"And you can tell them to go f--- themselves."

In the last quote, the expletive is bleeped out, but it’s clear what word the woman in the ad is mouthing.

The ad then asks, "Does Donald Trump really speak for you?"

Apparently, the "f--- themselves" portion of the ad doesn't speak for Trump either, at least when it comes to referring to women.

Our partners at the Political TV Ad Archive helped us identify that Trump's voice in that quote was taken from an Feb. 4, 2016, speech he made in New Hampshire. His comment dealt with businesses leaving the United States, not women."
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:17:15 AM »

The ad is stupid anyway. Rubio ran basically the exact same ad in FL and look how that turned out. It seems like Hillary actually could blow this election if she keeps running these idiotic ads. Someone should tell her this isn't 1964.
JRP1994

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 08:41:35 AM »

But what difference does it make, right Hillary?

I swear, if she blows this election through incompetence and arrogance, and we get President Trump, history will never forgive her.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 08:53:07 AM »

I swear, if she blows this election through incompetence and arrogance, and we get President Trump, history will never forgive her.
All of Trump's pants on fire statements made no difference for Trump, why would it matter for Clinton? American voters have clearly indicated their preference for dishonest, flip-flopping politicians, although Trump is far worse than Clinton in this respect.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 04:10:37 PM »

What a weak ad! One of the worst ads this cycle.

Nobody has a clue about how to attack Trump.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 05:34:55 PM »

It's sad that anyone has to attack anyone, but that's how it goes. Trump is the king of attack dogs, and it doesn't even matter to his devotees that he is also guilty of the things he attacks others about. Trump evidently does no wrong, or at least his myriad of wrongs don't mount to a hill of beans in their eyes. I find that dumbfounding.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 07:09:56 PM »

The Title of this thread is also pants on fire dishonest because the ad was put out by a SuperPac in support of Hillary Clinton and not by the Clinton campaign.  If you have any evidence that the Clinton campaign was involved in this ad, I suggest you take it to the FEC.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 07:29:46 PM »

But it came out of Trump's mouth, right? It doesn't matter if he was talking about women, or China, or anything else, he did say it so how is it disingenuous to include it?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »

The Title of this thread is also pants on fire dishonest because the ad was put out by a SuperPac in support of Hillary Clinton and not by the Clinton campaign.  If you have any evidence that the Clinton campaign was involved in this ad, I suggest you take it to the FEC.
Very dishonest. So dishonest. Lyin' JRP, Adam T calls him. Very sad. Lyin' J will say this is a technicality. Very sad.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 07:40:51 PM »

How would you attack him?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 07:41:28 PM »

But it came out of Trump's mouth, right? It doesn't matter if he was talking about women, or China, or anything else, he did say it so how is it disingenuous to include it?

Exactly, especially when the point of the ad is to show that his words are unbecoming of anyone, let alone a presidential candidate. If we hold ourselves to higher standards, why should we give Trump a free pass?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 07:45:09 PM »

Uh... What? I'd think there'd be a difference in telling the jock who stole your chair at a sports game to go f#ck himself than telling a group of nuns or small children that. Your line of thinking assumes an inherent "badness" to the phrase that entirely disregards context (rendering it equally "bad" in all uses).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 07:49:48 PM »

The theme and question of the ad is "Does Trump really speak for you?", not "Here are all of the nasty comments about women Trump has said". Sure, it implies something given the nature and relevance of the other comments in the ad, but implications are fair game in politics and doesn't mean that your "pants are on fire". Totally misleading rating.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 07:51:07 PM »

At any rate, I look forward to turning this into a robo-call and deploying it locally in the fall, along with this little gem.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 09:13:25 PM »

The only people to blame will be the Americans who vote for Trump.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 09:18:54 PM »

Jesus!

Looks like Hillary is President then.

They nailed that ad.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 09:39:54 PM »

Trump can't say a damn thing about the ad because it's exactly the kind of sneaky way he trashes everyone who looks at him cross-eyed. He cheats!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 05:12:50 AM »

The best part is of course that Trump, in attacking the ad, also lies about what he was referring to. If Trump doesn't know what his own comments are about, how can you expect a Clinton super-PAC to get it right?
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 05:37:10 AM »

Uh... What? I'd think there'd be a difference in telling the jock who stole your chair at a sports game to go f#ck himself than telling a group of nuns or small children that. Your line of thinking assumes an inherent "badness" to the phrase that entirely disregards context (rendering it equally "bad" in all uses).

Trust me, such distinctions will be lost on most of the people here.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 11:19:18 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2016, 11:21:40 AM by ProudModerate2 »

Regardless of "context" or "distinctions," or any other word-games you want to play, this statement still holds true .....
.... the point of the ad is to show that his words are unbecoming of anyone, let alone a presidential candidate.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »

Regardless of "context" or "distinctions," or any other word-games you want to play, this statement still holds true .....
.... the point of the ad is to show that his words are unbecoming of anyone, let alone a presidential candidate.[/b]

Most of Trump's words seem to be unbecoming of a presidential candidate, but that doesn't seem to matter to those voting for him. Nothing he says matters to them.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 01:20:34 PM »

Lyin' Shrillary!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 01:40:52 PM »

Hillary is the past. Trump is the future.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 01:41:58 PM »

How do you get Trump is the future? In what way?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 02:14:14 PM »

How do you get Trump is the future? In what way?

hermit,
Careful with posts from Ljube.
He is a known Atlas troll. He tries to provoke everyone with his comments.
(I don't think he honestly believes in anything he writes. He just does it to play mind games.)

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies