Could the Sandernistas hand Donald Trump the White House?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:27:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Could the Sandernistas hand Donald Trump the White House?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Skip
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Could the Sandernistas hand Donald Trump the White House?  (Read 1305 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2016, 12:29:23 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2016, 12:30:59 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

With all the talk of the Bernie or Bust movement and the poll suggesting that many Bernie supporters will vote for Trump in the fall is there a strong possibility that these Bernie supporters could throw the election to Donald Trump?

I would say no as I think eventually there will be a rally around effect around Hillary Clinton but as we know with this election literally Anything is Possible
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 12:32:19 PM »

No, but I think Trump will win anyway.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 12:42:10 PM »

Bernie Sanders will not be the one responsible for handing the presidency to Trump. That will be Hillary Clinton.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 12:55:44 PM »

I want Trump to lose as much as I want Bernie to win. I'm not enthusiastic about Hillary, but if she's our last hope against Trump, she's got my vote.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:13:50 PM »

Yes and they should. The TrumpTrain welcomes them.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 03:04:29 PM »

Yes, it's possible. Sanders supporters--some of them--are hard core cultists.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »

I don't think, or certainly hope not. I think they do damage mostly to Bernie, rather than Hillary. I think that once August rolls around, Bernie or Bust will be dead and Hillary will have corraled most of us. I think we focus on the 20 percent on Bernie (little unfair because no one focuses on the 14 % who won't support Bernie, but small potatoes) too much because at this moment they are caught up in the heated primary, at this time in 2008 a good amount of Clinton supporters said no to Obama but came around in the end.

Maybe some of them will switch to Stein, but mostly Sanders and his supporters will be a non-issue in the G.E. if he's not the candidate.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 03:21:26 PM »

Clinton supporters would like to blame Sanders; it's a shame, they think it's ok to be really nasty to Sanders supporters and then expect them crawling back begging for forgiveness for not following their Borg collective, in the first place. Everyone is free to vote their conscience, but no because most Sanders supporters will likely vote for Clinton. No sane person wants Trump to be POTUS for obvious reasons.

Some Sanders supporters won't vote for Clinton because they wouldn't have in the first place.
That is neither the fault of most Sanders supporters, and certainly not the fault of Sanders himself, who cares about the future of this country and is doing his best to get elected POTUS which has been his only objective all along; it's a shame Clinton supporters can't see that.

Clinton should be thanking Sanders and his supporters, they have given her the opportunity she otherwise would not have had, to get her message out there.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 03:24:36 PM »

Clinton supporters would like to blame Sanders; it's a shame, they think it's ok to be really nasty to Sanders supporters and then expect them crawling back begging for forgiveness for not following their Borg collective, in the first place. Everyone is free to vote their conscience, but no because most Sanders supporters will likely vote for Clinton. No sane person wants Trump to be POTUS for obvious reasons.

Some Sanders supporters won't vote for Clinton because they wouldn't have in the first place.
That is neither the fault of most Sanders supporters, and certainly not the fault of Sanders himself, who cares about the future of this country and is doing his best to get elected POTUS which has been his only objective all along; it's a shame Clinton supporters can't see that.

Clinton should be thanking Sanders and his supporters, they have given her the opportunity she otherwise would not have had, to get her message out there.

Completely ignores the fact that anyone who doesn't support Sanders is labeled a "Hillary shill" and any news that's true that doesn't support their view is "part of the main stream media that's holding us down and lying" and that "Hillary can't win any states without fraud". Oh and don't forget "why are black people so stupid and not voting for Sanders?".
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 03:28:01 PM »

Completely ignores the fact that anyone who doesn't support Sanders is labeled a "Hillary shill" and any news that's true that doesn't support their view is "part of the main stream media that's holding us down and lying" and that "Hillary can't win any states without fraud". Oh and don't forget "why are black people so stupid and not voting for Sanders?".
When have I ever said any of those things?
By the way, I shouldn't have generalized. This is not most Clinton supporters.
But it seems to be the way the majority of Clinton supporters are behaving
on this forum
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 03:29:33 PM »

By the way, make this an issue about race is ridiculous, Clinton isn't black in case you haven't noticed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 03:30:18 PM »

on this forum

I wasn't quoting you. Just saying you're ignoring that fact. Go on any social media and you'll see that kind of posting from the majority of Sanderistas.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 03:34:13 PM »

on this forum

I wasn't quoting you. Just saying you're ignoring that fact. Go on any social media and you'll see that kind of posting from the majority of Sanderistas.
I'm not ignoring it. I am not claiming that all Sanders supporters are one way or another. I support Sanders, that
has nothing to do with his supporters, per se. Has he said any of those things?
Again I primarily talking about the Clinton supporters here at least the nasty ones, and there are a number of
them but there is no reason to mention them by name and inflame things even more.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 03:35:43 PM »

The point is that being nasty to someone just because they support Sanders is a pretty odd way to try to win them over to supporting Clinton in the fall.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »

By the way, anyone who can't see the difference between Sanders and Trump is clueless. That may include Sanders supporters, but very few. Sanders message is that he is the better person to defeat Trump, he has been making that argument for a while. Clinton supporters may not agree with that, but that doesn't make Sanders supporters evil.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »

They, definitely, want it. They might be able to do it.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 04:03:23 PM »

Yes and they should. The TrumpTrain welcomes them.
dax00

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 04:05:41 PM »

There will be no "handing". Clinton would will not have earned the vote of Sanders supporters.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 04:08:13 PM »

I'm mildly surprised that this thread wasn't made by a certain Greek 'independent'...
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 04:10:02 PM »

Why does anyone think it's likelier that Sanders people will split the Democracts than Anti-Trump people will split the Republicans? Hillary is about as conventional Democrat as you can get and Bernie people are almost exclusively people who always vote for Democrats. Trump came and hostilely took over his party leaving dozens of burnt bridges in his wake. I'd think it's still pretty clearly the case that the GOP primary was more divisive and acrimonious all around than the Democratic one; remember when nobody watched the Democratic debates because they were too civil?

The yes argument to the question seems loaded with present bias.
dax00

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 04:13:10 PM »

Why does anyone think it's likelier that Sanders people will split the Democracts than Anti-Trump people will split the Republicans? Hillary is about as conventional Democrat as you can get and Bernie people are almost exclusively people who always vote for Democrats. Trump came and hostilely took over his party leaving dozens of burnt bridges in his wake. I'd think it's still pretty clearly the case that the GOP primary was more divisive and acrimonious all around than the Democratic one; remember when nobody watched the Democratic debates because they were too civil?

The GOP base is unified. Only the establishment circles were truly split, and those are well in the minority - well represented here on Atlas.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 04:15:20 PM »

The GOP base is unified. Only the establishment circles were truly split, and those are well in the minority - well represented here on Atlas.

Exactly what I'm saying. The GOP is "unified" even though the gap between Trump and the Anti-Trumps was always larger than that between Hillary and Bernie. There is no reason to think the Democrats won't "unify" even faster or more thoroughly once the primary ends.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »

There is an obvious difference between those who vote for Sanders and those who actually support him.
A lot of Trump supporters who are Democrats voted for Sanders simply because they don't like Clinton. They are actually Trump supporters because they would vote for Trump no matter who his opponent is.
Do you really want to call them Sanders supporters?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 04:16:58 PM »

Why does anyone think it's likelier that Sanders people will split the Democracts than Anti-Trump people will split the Republicans?

Both will happen, to an extent. Ideologically, many of the sanderistas are a lot closer to Trump than they are to any conventional Democrat, including Hillary Clinton (or, for that matter, Barack Obama).
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 04:18:30 PM »

With the increasing violent outbursts and rioting from the Sanders supporters I wouldn't be surprised if they vote for Trump out of sheer petulance yes.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies