If Tim Kaine is selected as Hillary's VP and they win in November... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:42:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Tim Kaine is selected as Hillary's VP and they win in November... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Tim Kaine is selected as Hillary's VP and they win in November...  (Read 4163 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 19, 2016, 09:45:46 PM »

Perriello has a big fan base on here. Could someone please explain this?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 01:19:38 AM »

Is Lawrence D. Wilder, Jr., a potential nominee? He's Douglas Wilder's son and served two years in the State House.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 02:03:52 AM »

Congratulations, future Senator Dave Brat.

That's probably one person that would not win statewide, even in an off-year.

Is Brat really that bad? He perfectly combines libertarians and evangelicals, and if he gets Webb and Bolling to endorse/campaign for him, he could easily win over the mainstream Republicans for a strong coalition.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 08:02:14 PM »

Assuming they lose the Senate this year, Republicans don't even need VA in 2018 to win back the Senate then. Someone like Barbara Comstock could win, but I'd rate this race Tilt D for now.
Republicans can win 10 seats in 2018 assuming Clinton wins (which is likely),
I'm sure they will screw up some races because this is the Republicans so they will end up picking up from 6 to 9 seats, 8 would be my guess right now.

lol

North Dakota, West Virginia, Montana, Indiana, and Missouri are five easy pick ups if Hillary's President. Florida, Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania would all be the next most likely pickups. Finally, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, and maybe New Mexico could be picked up.

I'd say between three and thirteen is the range, depending upon popularity and a possible rally around the flag effect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies