If Tim Kaine is selected as Hillary's VP and they win in November... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:43:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Tim Kaine is selected as Hillary's VP and they win in November... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Tim Kaine is selected as Hillary's VP and they win in November...  (Read 4132 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: July 23, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »

Well, Democrats better put everything they have into Virginia's 2017 election. Have Obama practically live in that state until the election is over, because Clinton may have just committed the biggest blunder of her campaign. Whoever they run now has to win 2 elections only a year apart, the first of which, at least, is going to be heavily contested. I wonder what Democrats will be thinking if they only win a bare 50-50 majority this year (with VP) and then they lose this seat next year? Is Kaine so important that they should risk a Senate seat? What if Hillary's Fall 2017 approval ratings mirror her favorable ratings right now? Because they are terrible. She has so many issues from her tenure as SoS that I seriously doubt she is going to have an easy time rehabbing her numbers, especially in the span of 11 months.

She could have picked from a whole bunch of people, and she has to pick someone who puts a possible Senate majority at risk. Virginia is not a safe bet in low turnout odd-year statewide elections. It's just so odd to me because Hillary is notoriously cautious, and yet she risks hamstringing her ability to appoint executive officials and federal judges/SCOTUS justices just so she can have Kaine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies