Former Latina Miss Universe: Trump called me "Miss Housekeeping" "Miss Piggy"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:05:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Former Latina Miss Universe: Trump called me "Miss Housekeeping" "Miss Piggy"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Former Latina Miss Universe: Trump called me "Miss Housekeeping" "Miss Piggy"  (Read 6322 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 10:05:23 AM »

Please do continue talking about this, Trump. We all appreciate your deplorable behavior after your disastrous performance last night.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 11:12:13 AM »

Instead of apologizing, changing the subject, or counter-attacking Hillary, Donald proceeds to discuss this woman's weight gain and the problem it posed the morning after the debate, all but admitting to the truthfulness of the story and digging a deeper hole with the electorate. His political ineptness rivals his supreme lack of empathy.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 11:13:30 AM »

Instead of apologizing, changing the subject, or counter-attacking Hillary, Donald proceeds to discuss this woman's weight gain and the problem it posed the morning after the debate, all but admitting to the truthfulness of the story and digging a deeper hole with the electorate. His political ineptness rivals his supreme lack of empathy.

His lack of empathy and decency is his appeal, for a lot of people.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 11:26:32 AM »

OMG !
You just cant make this stuff up !
What the hell is wrong with him ?
Seriously ..... trump has mental issues. What a dope.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »

He just not a smart man.

Khan, Miss Universe, Birtherism, these issues are layups and any competent person can nip these issues in the bud by apologizing and showing empathy.  Americans will literally forgive you for anything, outside of pedophilla and rape.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »

Remember: Trump is winning because of people's "anxieties about the economy".
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2016, 12:51:06 PM »

I really hope America will reach a point in its future where everyone looks back at this election and knows exactly the dynamics that were at play. The racism and sexism that has characterized this campaign is insane.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 02:03:12 PM »

HRC is on it now: https://www.facebook.com/hillaryclinton/videos/1260190977370762/
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 02:13:03 PM »

Hillary really did plan this well. Baited him thoroughly, then teed up another person to embarrass Trump and show his true colors, someone she knew he wouldn't be able to resist insulting and doubling down on, knowing how many people just heard what he said about this woman the night before.

It's amazing how impulsive Trump is. Surely Trump/his advisors knew Hillary was going to try and bait him and yet he just couldn't resist. He is so feakin' insecure.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 02:15:13 PM »

When I heard it last night, I knew it would be big.  I don't think latino/latina support for Democrats was as strong as a lot of people thought, but that comment on national tv should definitely push it in that direction.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2016, 02:17:31 PM »

Hillary really did plan this well. Baited him thoroughly, then teed up another person to embarrass Trump and show his true colors, someone she knew he wouldn't be able to resist insulting and doubling down on, knowing how many people just heard what he said about this woman the night before.

It's amazing how impulsive Trump is. Surely Trump/his advisors knew Hillary was going to try and bait him and yet he just couldn't resist. He is so feakin' insecure.

Not to mention the fact that he will now be more tempted to bring up Bill's infidelities, which would be really, really bad for him. I wish we wouldn't go there, but he'll try to fight fire with fire and be totally blind to the optics of it.

However... I'm not as confident that this story will blow up the way others have.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2016, 02:18:59 PM »

I can't link because I am on my phone, but Alicia Machado just had a long feature story released about her story in Cosmopolitan magazine with original photos for the story and an interview with Guardian. Looks like this trap was way more coordinated then originally perceived.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »

I'm starting to buy into the Democratic Plant theory again. . .
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2016, 02:29:21 PM »

However... I'm not as confident that this story will blow up the way others have.

Probably not - the Khan debacle was truly something else, and unfortunately for Clinton (I know it is disgusting, but speaking strategically here), he now has people to reign him in much sooner before he has a meltdown (or at least it seems like he does).

However, even if she baited Trump into a Khan-level meltdown, I don't think it would ultimately matter as much as one would think. Trump had begun shedding the negative effects of the Khan issue a few weeks after the fact and by then, relative to now, most people still wouldn't be voting yet. If she has an ace like that up her sleeve, it would be better to drop it on the 3rd debate.

Any drama she can create for him or ridiculous Trump controversies she can kick into the limelight would be most effective if done in mid-late October, imo anyway.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2016, 02:37:29 PM »

Not to mention the fact that he will now be more tempted to bring up Bill's infidelities, which would be really, really bad for him. I wish we wouldn't go there, but he'll try to fight fire with fire and be totally blind to the optics of it.

"I was so nice! You saw me." *innocent little kid voice* "Is it OK if I call you Secretary Clinton? I just want to make you feel comfortable. Is it OK?" "But then she hit me, and she hit me hard." *mean old lady voice* "She said, Donald, you did this and this and that thing." *exasperated sigh* "I tried to be nice, the way I like to treat all women, but when you hit me, especially when you hit me with lies - and that's what they were, blatantly untrue because she's a liar - you better get ready for the counter-punch."
elcorazon

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2016, 02:40:43 PM »

"I was so nice! You saw me." *innocent little kid voice* "Is it OK if I call you Secretary Clinton? I just want to make you feel comfortable. Is it OK?" "But then she hit me, and she hit me hard." *mean old lady voice* "She said, Donald, you did this and this and that thing." *exasperated sigh* "I tried to be nice, the way I like to treat all women, but when you hit me, especially when you hit me with lies - and that's what they were, blatantly untrue because she's a liar - you better get ready for the counter-punch."
What a schmuck he is! Trying to do what he's done all his life; win by lying, cheating and bullying
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »

There are tens of millions of voters who don't care about job security but get really motivated to support someone just so long as they are insulting to women?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2016, 03:34:31 PM »

There are tens of millions of voters who don't care about job security but get really motivated to support someone just so long as they are insulting to women?

Alas, yes.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 03:37:53 PM »

This does seem to be a thing, especially with him attacking her weight again.  Just did a quick google news search, here is the last few hours....

BBC News : ‎ ‎   Alicia Machado: Ex:Miss Universe claims Trump called her 'Miss Piggy'
CBS News :  ‎   Who is Alicia Machado?
CNN : ‎ ‎   Who is Alicia Machado? Former Miss Universe said Trump called her Miss Piggy
Entertainment Weekly :  ‎   Donald Trump slams Miss Universe winner Alicia Machado: 'She gained a massive amount of weight'
Fox News : ‎ ‎   Donald Trump: Miss Universe Alicia Machado was 'the absolute worst'
Mashable :   How former Miss Universe Alicia Machado became Donald Trump's nightmare
NBCNews.com : ‎ ‎   Who's Alicia Machado, the Woman Trump Allegedly Called 'Miss Piggy'?
New York Magazine : ‎ ‎   How Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Made Alicia Machado the New Khizr Khan
New York Times : ‎ ‎   Shamed and Angry: Alicia Machado, a Miss Universe Mocked by Donald Trump
NPR : ‎ ‎   In Post:Debate Interview, Trump Again Criticizes Pageant:Winner's Weight
The Guardian : ‎ ‎   Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado on Trump: 'I know what he can do' : video
The Guardian : ‎ ‎   Alicia Machado, Miss Universe weight:shamed by Trump, speaks out for Clinton
The Guardian : ‎ ‎   Trump attacks Alicia Machado again: 'She gained a massive amount of weight. She was the worst'
TIME : ‎ ‎   Who Is Alicia Machado? She Says Donald Trump Called Her 'Miss Piggy'
Us Weekly : ‎ ‎   Donald Trump: Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado 'Gained a Massive Amount of Weight'
USA TODAY : ‎ ‎   Meet Alicia Machado, the pageant queen Trump called 'Ms. Housekeeping'
Washington Post : ‎ ‎   Alicia Machado, the woman Trump called Miss Housekeeping, is ready to vote against Donald Trump
Washington Times :  ‎   Alicia Machado's weight gain 'was a real problem,' Donald Trump says

It may even be getting bigger play in Spanish-language media. Both Telemundo and Univision have around 5 separate articles about Machado on their sites from the last day.

Of all the moments in the debate, I think Machado (and his Fox and Friends this AM) along with his comment on 'being smart' to not pay taxes may be the two things that end up in Clinton TV commercials.
Trapsy

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2016, 05:20:15 PM by Jacobin American »

This does seem to be a thing, especially with him attacking her weight again.  Just did a quick google news search, here is the last few hours....

BBC News : ‎ ‎   Alicia Machado: Ex:Miss Universe claims Trump called her 'Miss Piggy'
CBS News :  ‎   Who is Alicia Machado?
CNN : ‎ ‎   Who is Alicia Machado? Former Miss Universe said Trump called her Miss Piggy
Entertainment Weekly :  ‎   Donald Trump slams Miss Universe winner Alicia Machado: 'She gained a massive amount of weight'
Fox News : ‎ ‎   Donald Trump: Miss Universe Alicia Machado was 'the absolute worst'
Mashable :   How former Miss Universe Alicia Machado became Donald Trump's nightmare
NBCNews.com : ‎ ‎   Who's Alicia Machado, the Woman Trump Allegedly Called 'Miss Piggy'?
New York Magazine : ‎ ‎   How Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Made Alicia Machado the New Khizr Khan
New York Times : ‎ ‎   Shamed and Angry: Alicia Machado, a Miss Universe Mocked by Donald Trump
NPR : ‎ ‎   In Post:Debate Interview, Trump Again Criticizes Pageant:Winner's Weight
The Guardian : ‎ ‎   Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado on Trump: 'I know what he can do' : video
The Guardian : ‎ ‎   Alicia Machado, Miss Universe weight:shamed by Trump, speaks out for Clinton
The Guardian : ‎ ‎   Trump attacks Alicia Machado again: 'She gained a massive amount of weight. She was the worst'
TIME : ‎ ‎   Who Is Alicia Machado? She Says Donald Trump Called Her 'Miss Piggy'
Us Weekly : ‎ ‎   Donald Trump: Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado 'Gained a Massive Amount of Weight'
USA TODAY : ‎ ‎   Meet Alicia Machado, the pageant queen Trump called 'Ms. Housekeeping'
Washington Post : ‎ ‎   Alicia Machado, the woman Trump called Miss Housekeeping, is ready to vote against Donald Trump
Washington Times :  ‎   Alicia Machado's weight gain 'was a real problem,' Donald Trump says

It may even be getting bigger play in Spanish-language media. Both Telemundo and Univision have around 5 separate articles about Machado on their sites from the last day.

Of all the moments in the debate, I think Machado (and his Fox and Friends this AM) along with his comment on 'being smart' to not pay taxes may be the two things that end up in Clinton TV commercials.

I noticed a lot of Clinton supporters have been feeling more optimistic since the debate and Trump's horrific performance, which was essentially a meltdown on national television. Then you add nonsense like this and it seems to only indicate the further decline and unraveling of Trump's campaign. But I want to go on record as saying that I don't believe this will have any negative long-term effects on his campaign. At worst, there will be a temporary halt to his upward trajectory, but that should end within 2-3 weeks and we'll begin seeing him recover again. If all of his past debate performances and widely circulated insults to minorities, the disabled, women, and so on hasn't stopped him, what makes anyone think this will? Color me extremely skeptical. But I still think that, even if Trump is destroyed at the next two debates (which he will appear at and be even more insufferable), he will keep gaining momentum and on election day this election will be about a 50/50.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2016, 05:18:05 PM »

This is a monster story in Spanish-language media. It's all over Telemundo and Univision. By the way, Univision's Hispanic exit poll had Clinton winning 92-8
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 05:20:16 PM »

This is a monster story in Spanish-language media. It's all over Telemundo and Univision. By the way, Univision's Hispanic exit poll had Clinton winning 92-8

If Hispanics go the way of African-Americans, it's over for Republicans for a long time in presidential elections.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 06:14:08 PM »

Ana Navarro:

https://twitter.com/ananavarro/status/780854666942935041

In 1 hr, heard Trump "Ms. Piggy" attack on Ms. Universe discussed 3x's on Span radio. Hell knows no fury like a Latina who's been called fat
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2016, 06:16:15 PM »

It was being discussed at lunch today when I came down. Yep, pretty much number one topic of conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies