IF, Trump wins FL, OH, PA. THAN, what state puts him over the top? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:42:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  IF, Trump wins FL, OH, PA. THAN, what state puts him over the top? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: IF, Trump wins FL, OH, PA  THAN, what state puts him over the top?
NC

VA

NJ

NH

MI

WI

IA

NM

NV

WA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: IF, Trump wins FL, OH, PA. THAN, what state puts him over the top?  (Read 1956 times)
Mallow
United States

« on: May 19, 2016, 06:32:29 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2016, 06:34:39 PM by Mallow »

Why on Earth do you show WA and NJ as tossups? Your map is dumb. If NC is a tossup, CO is going to Clinton. If WA is a tossup, the Democrats are getting far less than 170 EVs (other states that you have going Dem that would vote RIGHT of WA include MN, ME, and probably OR and CT). Your map makes no sense.

To answer your question, though, if FL, OH, and PA go to Trump, then PA (or FL) will be the state that puts Trump over the top. NC would also go Trump in that situation, but well before FL or PA.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 06:39:48 PM »

Why on Earth do you show WA and NJ as tossups? Your map is dumb. If NC is a tossup, CO is going to Clinton. If WA is a tossup, the Democrats are getting far less than 170 EVs. Your map makes no sense.

To answer your question, though, if FL, OH, and PA go to Trump, then PA (or FL) will be the state that puts Trump over the top. NC would also go Trump in that situation, but well before FL or PA.

Yea, CO should be toss as well, but than it becomes a pick 1, 2, or 3 over the top question.  Which is fine, to discuss as well.    

Again, the map makes no sense, especially WRT Washington State. And again, the correct answer is PA, or possibly FL. NC should already be red on your map if PA and FL are.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:12:18 PM »

I really want to hear your reasoning for Washington being a toss-up, but not Oregon.

I will likely think your answer is incredibly stupid, but I'm morbidly curious.

I never said anything was a toss-up, several scenarios are possible.
If the North West came into play quite-possibly Oregon would as well. 
If I had to favor Washington coming into play before Oregon (I'm not necessarily) than I'd say it was do to a larger suburban population overcoming or counter balancing fringe left voting blocks.
Oregon could come into play before Washington by a less complicated Rural v Urban dynamic. 

Your map has WA as a tossup and OR as a Dem state. By that logic, you are favoring Washington coming into play before Oregon. Which is ridiculous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies