FL-19: Clawson retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:36:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-19: Clawson retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-19: Clawson retiring  (Read 860 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: May 19, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »

My money is on Benaqcuisto running.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 09:53:17 PM »

She probably runs, but will she do any better than last time?
I don't know the district well, it wasn't on my radar this year. She really only lost the 2014 special election because of Clawson's money advantage and a split vote. I wouldn't count her out, but I wouldn't count her in. I wouldn't be surprised if the firm I intern for ends up picking her up as a client. We seem to go for the candidates who straddle the establishment and mainline conservative gray area.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 10:06:44 PM »

Retiring after a single term? Is it an incoming scandal, or did he just get bored?
His father is having health problems, which is fancy talk for saying he probably found a really good private sector job.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 04:51:42 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 04:56:02 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Can we get cokehead Trey Radel back? He was a great improvement over Cornelius Harvey McGillicuddy IV.
At this point, his successor's potential successor might be even more interesting. Carpetbagging candidate from Maryland who lost three races there and then moved to FL-18 to run for Congress only to move to FL-19 goes crazy on one of Florida's (usually finest, not this time) reporters.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/go-fck-yourself-you-piece-of-sht-florida-gop-candidate-angrily-melts-down-at-reporter/

Shame, Bongino was one of my favorite candidates, but his shameless carpetbagging and his inconsistency on his residence in Florida was a turn off to me. Also, having had Allen West as my Congressman for a term and getting to know him (yes, I once saw Allen West enough for him to know who I was by name), I am definitely more inclined to a serious candidate like Francis Rooney these days. Not every candidate has to be a Ron Paul style ideologue or a Donald Trump style bomb thrower. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies