Are Americans ready for Female-Female ticket (Hillary-Warren)?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:32:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Are Americans ready for Female-Female ticket (Hillary-Warren)?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Americans ready for Female-Female ticket (Hillary-Warren)?  (Read 644 times)
ericpolitico
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2016, 08:55:50 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2016, 08:59:53 PM by ericpolitico »

Any thought folks? what are the pros and cons? cause more harm or advantages?
Will this ticket win?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:58:05 PM »

The people who would have a problem with it probably aren't voting for HRC anyways.  The reward might be way greater than the penalty.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 09:03:07 PM »

I'm ready for just about any ticket with Elizabeth Warren on it.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:09:48 PM »

I'm ready for just about any ticket with Elizabeth Warren on it.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 09:48:08 PM »

More ready than I am for President Trump.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 09:49:27 PM »

More ready than I am for President Trump.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 09:51:43 PM »

Yes, America is ready. I think it would be a good move for Hillary because she has massive weakness within her party. And if Trump picks a white male for VP, then how can one complain about there being two women on the Democratic ticket?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 09:53:21 PM »

Yes, America is ready. I think it would be a good move for Hillary because she has massive weakness within her party. And if Trump picks a white male for VP, then how can one complain about there being two women on the Democratic ticket?
dax00

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 09:53:39 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2016, 09:56:51 PM by dax00, the extremely technical and judicious »

I hate this talk of "being ready". It's not about those for whom one may "be ready", rather which people you deem best for the nation.

I'd like to add that the phrase "be ready" implies a tendency to complacency and want for predictability.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 09:56:14 PM »

I don't think it will matter whom Clinton picks for her VP. It'll make only marginal difference in the election and it will be pretty irrelevant since I'd imagine Bill will probably have more responsibility than the VP.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 09:57:09 PM »

I doubt Warren wants it, I think a double-female ticket has a greater cost than reward, and I think Hillary's priorities with the VP candidate will be rewarding loyalty and attracting swing voters vis-a-vis Trump, not Sandernistas who will vote against Trump regardless of what else happens.
dax00

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 10:01:00 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2016, 10:26:38 PM by dax00, the extremely technical and judicious »

I'd vote for a Warren/Clinton ticket, not a Clinton/Warren ticket.

To be clear, I would still call for Clinton's imprisonment upon voting for said hypothetical Warren/Clinton ticket.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 10:08:54 PM »

We are ready for a double female ticket...but this one is just awful
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 10:17:01 PM »

I will become a R if Warren is Clinton's running mate.
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 12:08:27 AM »

If the right females are on the ticket. I don't think Hillary is the right female to lead an All Female ticket, Warren maybe but not Hillary.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 12:29:46 AM »

Anyone who couldn't stomach voting for two women is probably solidly and enthusiastically in the Trump column already.
bigedlb
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 12:37:42 AM »

America may be ready for two females, but NOT those two.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 01:09:18 AM »

Anyone who couldn't stomach voting for two women is probably solidly and enthusiastically in the Trump column already.
Yes.

On paper Warren is the right pick, I believe. The absolute number one issue for Clinton is keeping the democratic alliance together. Sanders has been ripping it apart and Warren would probably bring all but the most rabid of them in.

The main concern is whether Warren can be controlled. To the best of my knowledge, that is very questionable. But if she agrees to be a team player, then she should get the pick.

And yes, I do think she wants it.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 01:36:39 AM »

Yes.

On paper Warren is the right pick, I believe. The absolute number one issue for Clinton is keeping the democratic alliance together. Sanders has been ripping it apart and Warren would probably bring all but the most rabid of them in.

The main concern is whether Warren can be controlled. To the best of my knowledge, that is very questionable. But if she agrees to be a team player, then she should get the pick.

Warren's a team player - with the Democratic party, with Senate Democrats, and with the Sanders wing of the party. She can be the link that brings everyone together.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 01:39:53 AM »

Yes.

I haven't seen anything that gives me a hint that Warren would be some kind of renegade. When it comes to her policies, she's basically a generic Democrat in every area but her expertise of Wall Street/consumer protection. If I recall, she's even somewhat hawkish on foreign policy. And as far as radical leftist policies go, the one that probably has the most resonance with the average American voter is the anti-Wall Street and big banks stuff. There are conservative voters that burn Obama in effigy that would probably agree with Warren on bringing criminal charges on companies like HBSC

She helped raise billions for Democratic candidates in 2014, including those who I wouldn't call progressive by any means. While she has yet to endorse Clinton, she publicly urged her to run for President, and her speech at the 2012 DNC opened with praise for Hillary Clinton. The talk of her being a lose canon has no real substance.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 01:57:35 AM »

Well, if you are right, then Warren as VP should be a no-brainer. Tim Kaine excites precisely nobody.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 05:49:51 AM »

I hate this talk of "being ready". It's not about those for whom one may "be ready", rather which people you deem best for the nation.

I'd like to add that the phrase "be ready" implies a tendency to complacency and want for predictability.

Agreed.

Agreed.

America may be ready for two females, but NOT those two.

Agreed.

If you are an American and your politics are such that you are ready for a Condoleezza Rice / Susana Martinez ticket, should you answer yes or no here? Clearly, Clinton / Warren is not gonna do it for you...
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 05:54:11 AM »

Honestly, the US was probably "not ready" for a black president in 2008, but Obama managed to transcend race, which was a pretty herculean effort. But he was simply a stonger candidate than McCain. Likewise, I do think that Hillary being a woman is a net negative in itself, but the quality of the candidate herself is still by far the most important factor. Anyway, I see zero reason why a double female ticket should fare worse than a female/male ticket. No voter opposed to the idea of a female president would vote for her anyway, just because her VP is a male.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »

Honestly, the US was probably "not ready" for a black president in 2008, but Obama managed to transcend race, which was a pretty herculean effort. But he was simply a stonger candidate than McCain. Likewise, I do think that Hillary being a woman is a net negative in itself, but the quality of the candidate herself is still by far the most important factor. Anyway, I see zero reason why a double female ticket should fare worse than a female/male ticket. No voter opposed to the idea of a female president would vote for her anyway, just because her VP is a male.

I think in 08/12 many white people were looking for any excuse to NOT vote for Obama. That's why in an election that should've been a Goldwater/Mondale-esque stomping (incumbent Republican at 25% approval, economic collapse, disastrous and unpopular war, horrible VP pick) that it was only a modest landslide. I still think Edwards (minus the affair) or some other charismatic (preferably Southern) populist white guy could've won that election with ~450 EVs and a double digit popular vote margin.

In 2012, whites went against him en masse by the biggest margin since Reagan in 1984, but demographic changes still gave him a comfortable victory. The big story and decisive factor of this election will be whether or not the Republicans hit their ceiling (or close to their ceiling) among whites in 2012.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 06:40:52 PM »

Yes. People will vote for anyone if they feel the alternative is worse, and I think in this case, it won't make a difference anyway.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies