Hypothetical: God is disproved (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:18:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Hypothetical: God is disproved (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hypothetical: God is disproved  (Read 6259 times)
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« on: May 19, 2016, 10:11:13 PM »

Let's say you wake up tomorrow and thete is definitive, concrete evidence that no God exists. How do you feel? How do you live your life? What changes, if anything?
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 11:09:14 AM »

First off, define "God". What exactly is your absurd hypothetical disproving?

That's not what he asked. He asked if god was disproved what would your reaction be?

He asked about God, not god. My reaction would vary considerably if he meant YHWH specifically, any generic anthropomorphic deity, any sentient personification of the Divine, or a complete disproval of any non-physical existence. Any proof beyond discovering the origin of a specific deity was definitively not as its adherents believe would likely require a complete reshaping of the current scientific consensus on cosmology and physics to achieve, which I just don't see happening, which is why this hypothetical is absurd. Science doesn't need to fundamentally reshape itself to answer any of the questions it has concerning those subjects, just better data.

I asked how people would feel and how they'd live their lives if somehow there was 100% concrete evidence there was no higher power and no afterlife.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 07:18:10 PM »

People say this is a stupid question, but how is this different from other unlikely hypotheticals? I want to know what people would do with themselves and how it might change them as a person.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 11:11:18 PM »

There is no way to do disprove 'God', a physical or a spiritual being.

This is a mere hypothetical, not saying it'll ever be possible.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:20:39 AM »

The difference is that it's proven history the Nazis lost and that Stalin died in 1953. I'm an atheist. I truly don't think there is a God or a higher power and it's a serious debate. Knowing that there's no higher power might change people's line of thinking.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies