Hypothetical: God is disproved (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:38:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Hypothetical: God is disproved (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hypothetical: God is disproved  (Read 6263 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« on: May 23, 2016, 08:49:38 PM »

God is non-falsifiable. The hypothetical is as nonsensical as asking what you'd do if justice or freedom were disproven. Further, if such a proof did exist, it would be impossible to tell if it were just a test created by an omniscient being or not. But, ignoring all this, I'll play along.

If such a proof existed AND it could be undeniably demonstrated that the proof was 100% correct, then I suppose first I'd go through the stages of grief, which might take a very long time; it's fully possible I refuse to accept it anyway. Assuming I get to acceptance, how my life and views would change would be a function of how much of them are solely functions of my cosmological views. I guess I'd have an extra hour on Sundays to do whatever. Not much point in celebrating Christmas or Easter anymore. No reason to not use contraception. No need to ever fast. Probably wouldn't watch any Christian films anymore.

Politically, not sure how much would change. No need to protect religious liberty, but I'd still be pro-life and fairly conservative personally. Might move a bit on LGBT stuff, but not necessarily.

I don't know. It's a really intellectually difficult thing to imagine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies