Voting patterns in Appalachia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:22:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Voting patterns in Appalachia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voting patterns in Appalachia  (Read 1225 times)
DIXIECRAT
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2016, 11:54:58 AM »

Could it be said that Southern Appalachia voted more Republican during Jim Crow and more Democratic after Jim Crow than the rest of the Deep South? Is there a historical difference in voting patterns between Central and North Central Appalachia, and South Central Appalachia?         
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 12:32:07 PM »

Sorry to derail your thread, but is there any reason you can't take pride in being a part of our party and be an Alabama Republican instead of clinging to "Dixiecrat" (while not having a Democratic avatar), a group whose main unity came from a belief in White supremacy?...
DIXIECRAT
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 07:45:06 AM »

Sorry to derail your thread, but is there any reason you can't take pride in being a part of our party and be an Alabama Republican instead of clinging to "Dixiecrat" (while not having a Democratic avatar), a group whose main unity came from a belief in White supremacy?...

I think there's a continuity between the old Democratic Party and the modern Republican Party in terms of fighting for the Plain Folk. I don't find any contradiction in voting Republican and calling yourself a Dixiecrat.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 06:12:31 PM »

I think there's a continuity between the old Democratic Party and the modern Republican Party in terms of fighting for the Plain Folk. I don't find any contradiction in voting Republican and calling yourself a Dixiecrat.

You should.  Absolute disgrace to the party and spitting on its heritage.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 06:48:37 PM »

I think he's a troll purposely doing this.
DIXIECRAT
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 05:44:18 PM »

'Dixiecrat' has no racial meaning to me, so I really didn't want it to come to this, but...

About how willing to share country with Blacks (and White Southerners, by the way) do you think Yankees and Republicans were? Yeah, I'm pretty sure the War was just and only about slavery.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies