The New Office of DKrol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:05:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The New Office of DKrol
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The New Office of DKrol  (Read 1824 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2016, 04:48:59 PM »

The Official Office of

DKrol

Prior Experience
Former Northeast Representative (April 2015-June 2015; December 2015-January 2016)
Former Northeast Assembly Speaker (April 2015-June 2015; December 2015-January 2016)
Former Northeast Senator (December 2015-February 2016)
Former Game Moderator (July 2015-August 2015)
Former Presidential Candidate (June 2015)

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »

Former Senator DKrol Announcing His Future in Politics
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, North Adams, MA

Hello, friends! Thank you for joining me here in my hometown.

I've taken a break from Atlasian politics for the last few months. I haven't been a part of the Constitutional Convention or the debate around the Fourth Constitution. I haven't made my opinions known, I haven't been a face around the nation or a voice for the people of the Northeast. For that, I apologize.

I apologize because I know I've let the people down by stepping away when they really needed me. The people of the Northeast needed someone to represent them, to speak for them, and to stand up for them. I was the person who could have been that voice, that representative. But I was selfish. I let a personal feud get in the way of what was needed for the people of this region and this nation. I will not make that mistake again.

I'm here today to announce that I will be running for the House of Representatives under the Fourth Constitution. I want to be a voice for the people of the Northeast and of all of Atlasia, the voice I should have been during the Constitutional debate. I'm running not only to make up for my past errors, but for the future. Many important decisions about the future of our nation, decisions about what kind of nation Atlasia will be, are going to be made in the first Congress.

With such important decisions being made, voters need to think about who they want making those decisions. If they want someone who they can trust in office, I am that candidate. If they want someone who can recognize his errors and not pass the blame, I am that candidate. If they want someone who will think about the issues before voting instead of just toeing the party line, I am that candidate. I have an extensive history of service to Atlasia, an extensive history of making tough decisions, and an extensive history of being a voice for the people. Let's add another page to that history.

On the matter of toeing the party line, let me address a recent issue. When I returned to Atlasian politics a few days ago, I announced that I will be doing so as a member of the Labor Party. Many people came to me after I announced this, asking what had changed in me to lead me to leave Civic Renewal and join Labor. I have not had a massive personal realignment, I have not changed my positions. Under my good friend Blair's leadership, Labor has changed. It is the not the far-left radical group it was under previous leaders, like TNF. It is, truly, a big tent party. It is made of mostly former independents and members of The People's Party, a group I was a part of in my early days, and had become much more moderate in recent months. I joined Labor because it is a strong party, a big tent party, filled with good people who I can work with on a personal level. I looked at the current situation and, in my assessment, Civic Renewal is not as strong, united, or organized as it used to be.

As I have said since my first days in Atlasian politics, a party label does not define me. I've worked with members of all parties during all stages of my service. I was appointed to the Northeast Assembly by a TPP Governor. I ran for President with a Federalist. I was appointed Game Moderator by a Labor President. I was appointed to the Senate by a Labor Governor. I've been elected by voters from all across the political spectrum. I will still stand up for the same positions I've supported since my first day in the Northeast Assembly as a member of Labor that I supported as a Federalist, a member of The People's Party, and a member of Civic Renewal. Party does not matter.

Friends, this is a journey. For me, for us, for the nation. We're coming up to a very big moment in our future and a lot of big decisions are going to be made. Atlasia needs someone responsible in that first Congress, in that first House of Representatives, to make the important decisions. Over the next few weeks I'll be making the case that I should be one of the people in the House making those decisions. I'm going to be traveling across the nation, but I wanted to start this campaign here, in my hometown. I wanted to make the pitch to you first because you are the people who know me the best.

I hope you'll call your friends across the nation and have them join us in this campaign.

Thank you all, and God bless.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 07:23:55 PM »

Welcome back, DKrol.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:30:48 PM »

Thank you, Senator!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 07:43:52 PM »

Thank you, Governor!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 07:50:55 PM »

ENDORSED for the House of Representatives! It was a pleasure to work with you during our brief time together in the Senate - I'm thrilled to welcome you to Labor, and I have no doubt that you'll make an excellent Representative.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 07:52:14 PM »

ENDORSED for the House of Representatives! It was a pleasure to work with you during our brief time together in the Senate - I'm thrilled to welcome you to Labor, and I have no doubt that you'll make an excellent Representative.

Thank you, Senator!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 08:05:17 PM »

I arrived quite a bit after you left, but it's great to have you back!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 08:16:11 PM »

I arrived quite a bit after you left, but it's great to have you back!

Thank you!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 10:53:38 PM »

Endorsed for Congress!
Glad your back
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 04:31:14 PM »

Thank you, Councilor! Glad to be back.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 04:48:40 PM »

Endorsed! I look forward to working with you!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 04:57:34 PM »

Endorsed! I look forward to working with you!

And I with you! Thank you!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 04:24:02 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

We are working very hard, behind the scenes, to make CR a stronger party and to unite all the centre and centre-right people.

However, good luck for your run! Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 04:34:51 AM »

We are working very hard, behind the scenes, to make CR a stronger party and to unite all the centre and centre-right people.

However, good luck for your run! Smiley

Now you now how it feels to be underestimated on that subject. Tongue Been there twice.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 12:12:10 PM »

Good Luck, DKrol! I hope to work with you in Congress!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 05:40:36 PM »

Good Luck, DKrol! I hope to work with you in Congress!

Good luck to yourself! I too hope to work with you in Congress!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »

I am please to see that the results for the House of Representatives have been certified and that I have been elected to represent the great people of Atlasia. I promise, I will not let you down.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 03:25:22 PM »

Representative DKrol Announces His Campaign for Governor
Kittery, Maine

Today, I am ready to announce my campaign for Governor of the North.

This is something I've thought about for some time. I know what some of you are going to say, 'Why is Krol running? There's already a Labor candidate'. And I recognize that. Flo, someone I consider a friend and ally, is running for Governor under the Labor banner. But I believe that no one should have coronation when seeking elected office. I look forward to giving the Labor membership, and the people of the North, the chance to vote.

I am running on a record of accomplishment. I wrote one of the first bills in the new House of Representatives. Was that bill something frivolous, like naming chocolate milk the official beverage of Atlasia? No. It was a bill that laid out the responsibilities of the Game Moderator, a post I once held, because I recognize how important the GM is to the functioning of our government. And I got the bill passed by taking feedback from members of all parties, putting our ideas together, and getting work done. It is that same sense of importance that I will take to the Governor's Mansion.

I am not new to politics. I've spent time as a Northeast Representative, the Speaker of the Northeast Assembly, Senator from the Northeast, and, as I mentioned earlier, Game Moderator. I even ran for President, coming in a close second in a race where every wrote me off as a non-factor. I've spent my life working for the region, fighting for the region, and championing the people of the region. I am the best candidate for Governor because, at this critical moment in our history, we cannot have someone learning the job as he goes. I know how to govern because I've done it before! As Governor, I will make the North the most prosperous, most successful, and most accomplished region in Atlasia!

Friends, we're in for a long haul. The great Committeemen have not set a date for this election yet, but when it comes, we will be ready. We will stand up to the special interests that dominate politics. We will fight against corruption wherever it may hide. We will take our message of growth, success, and inclusiveness and project it on the loudspeaker of the world stage!

I hope you'll stand with me in this journey as you have in journeys past.

Thank you all!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 09:28:20 PM »

If elected governor you would get to appoint 1 Northren citizen to the Atlasia Supreme Court who would you pick?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 09:32:11 PM »

If elected governor you would get to appoint 1 Northren citizen to the Atlasia Supreme Court who would you pick?
No, TJ will be the North Justice.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 09:37:34 PM »

That is not how it necessarily would work, the President makes two picks and each Governor makes the other.  The three incumbent justices are not guaranteed to be on the court. Besides by that logic why wouldn't Windjammer be the North's justices as he is from the North also. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 09:41:54 PM »

That is not how it necessarily would work, the President makes two picks and each Governor makes the other.  The three incumbent justices are not guaranteed to be on the court. Besides by that logic why wouldn't Windjammer be the North's justices as he is from the North also. 
Incorrect.

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 09:43:57 PM »

Incorrect.

OK, sorry I stand corrected. Could the new Governor then dismiss the incumbent justice though, and appoint a new justice?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies