The New Office of DKrol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:35:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The New Office of DKrol
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The New Office of DKrol  (Read 1823 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 09:44:20 PM »

If elected governor you would get to appoint 1 Northren citizen to the Atlasia Supreme Court who would you pick?
No, TJ will be the North Justice.
That is not how it necessarily would work, the President makes two picks and each Governor makes the other.  The three incumbent justices are not guaranteed to be on the court. Besides by that logic why wouldn't Windjammer be the North's justices as he is from the North also. 
Incorrect.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
OK, sorry I stand corrected. Could the new Governor then dismiss the incumbent justice though, and appoint a new justice?
No
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 09:59:29 PM »

If elected governor you would get to appoint 1 Northren citizen to the Atlasia Supreme Court who would you pick?
No, TJ will be the North Justice.
That is not how it necessarily would work, the President makes two picks and each Governor makes the other.  The three incumbent justices are not guaranteed to be on the court. Besides by that logic why wouldn't Windjammer be the North's justices as he is from the North also. 
Incorrect.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
OK, sorry I stand corrected. Could the new Governor then dismiss the incumbent justice though, and appoint a new justice?
No

While I, at the moment, agree with Classic Conservative's interpretation of the law, I would defer any formal decision on the matter to my chief legal counsel. If I were to be able to appoint a justice, I would have a very thorough search process as we have many great legal minds the region who could serve. Harry S. Truman, TJ, Cinyc, and Scott are just a few names that come to mind.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2016, 01:27:16 AM »

Good luck, but not too much!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2016, 09:45:21 AM »

Hmmm...

But I believe that no one should have coronation when seeking elected office. I look forward to giving the Labor membership, and the people of the North, the chance to vote.

sounds familiar...

The reason I'm running is to give the Northeast a choice, instead of a default answer.

Wink
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2016, 10:26:05 AM »

Hmmm...

But I believe that no one should have coronation when seeking elected office. I look forward to giving the Labor membership, and the people of the North, the chance to vote.

sounds familiar...

The reason I'm running is to give the Northeast a choice, instead of a default answer.

Wink

Except the difference is that I then laid out a series of other reasons why I want to run and be Governor, rather than just saying that it's to deny Flo the nomination.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2016, 10:39:14 AM »

Hmmm...

sounds familiar...

Wink

Except the difference is that I then laid out a series of other reasons why I want to run and be Governor, rather than just saying that it's to deny Flo the nomination.

I think Leinad's teasing you.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2016, 03:44:59 PM »

Endorsed. I absolutely respect Flo, but he represents old Labor, not the current state of the Labor Party.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2016, 06:45:16 PM »

Endorsed. I absolutely respect Flo, but he represents old Labor, not the current state of the Labor Party.

Thank you, Senator!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2016, 11:29:40 PM »

How can someone represent Old Labor when he was never a member of Labor until late 2015 (save for like 3 months in early 2014 maybe)?

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2016, 09:52:45 AM »

Well I don't mean to butt into other candidate's threads (good luck dkrol!) but I really don't understand what you mean by that? I want to move the Labor Party back into a position where we hold the majority of the Government because I want more progressive laws passed, but could you further explain what 'old Labor' means?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2017, 02:00:43 PM »

Hello folks,

Today, Game Moderator Kalwejt nominated me for Deputy Game Moderator. This is a newly created position, designed to ensure continuity in the office of the Game Moderator, which is incredibly important to the Republic of Atlasia. As a former Game Moderator, I understand the awesome burden that the Game Moderatorship is. I am also deeply humbled to have been asked to come out of my Atlasian retirement to serve in  this position.

I look forward to my confirmation hearing in the Senate and, hopefully, assisting the great Kalwejt in his duties.

Thank you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 04:03:57 PM »

I thank the Senate for confirming me as Deputy GM and I look forward to the coming days, weeks, and months.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2018, 04:38:44 PM »

Hello friends,

As some of you may have gathered by the recent joining of the AAB and ABL and reappearance on the forum, I am planning a return to Atlasian politics. I've taken about a year off after resigning as Game Moderator in June of last year and I've taken time to assess my priorities and my relationship with Atlasia. Looking at Atlasia as it stands at the moment, I think that now is the time for a comeback. Stay tuned for an announcement in the coming weeks.

Thank you,
DKrol
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies