Is Hillary really in trouble? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:09:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Hillary really in trouble? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes

No, Sanders supporters are just being babies

No, Trump is getting a temporary bounce

No, she just hasn't pivoted yet

No (other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 140

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Is Hillary really in trouble?  (Read 3291 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: May 21, 2016, 08:39:56 AM »

Clinton is not in trouble yet, but early signs for her national campaign are troubling.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 12:03:50 PM »

Well let's be honest, the only reason Hillary has done so "terribly" during these primaries is because she's been up against and opponent who has refused to drop out at almost every normal juncture where a regular candidate would have. That's why these fractures exist and why it's the second closest Democratic primary in history. Hell, there were compelling reasons for him to drop out after Super Tuesday, but certainly most regular folks would have gotten out after the rout in Ohio and all those other states that night.

Him staying in has kept it "close" only in a pretty phony sense. And again, his selfishness continues to hurt the party and make Hillary look "weak" even though there's very little truth to that. It all about appearances.

I think this is self-inflicted by Clinton. The traditional move at this point would be an olive branch and some concessions to create a united front. Has she done anything beyond demanding that the Clinton flag be run up the flagpole, and that everyone salute it?

And it's not just Sanders. She's going after Trump on effing GUN RIGHTS. That's an idiotic move on so many levels. It looks like she's going for a Fool's Mate on herself.

My current hope is that she goes down in flames before the convention and we get a competent politician instead of Hillary. I'll take pretty much anyone, from Sanders to Biden to Webb.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:48:13 AM »

Well let's be honest, the only reason Hillary has done so "terribly" during these primaries is because she's been up against and opponent who has refused to drop out at almost every normal juncture where a regular candidate would have. That's why these fractures exist and why it's the second closest Democratic primary in history. Hell, there were compelling reasons for him to drop out after Super Tuesday, but certainly most regular folks would have gotten out after the rout in Ohio and all those other states that night.

Him staying in has kept it "close" only in a pretty phony sense. And again, his selfishness continues to hurt the party and make Hillary look "weak" even though there's very little truth to that. It all about appearances.

I think this is self-inflicted by Clinton. The traditional move at this point would be an olive branch and some concessions to create a united front. Has she done anything beyond demanding that the Clinton flag be run up the flagpole, and that everyone salute it?

And it's not just Sanders. She's going after Trump on effing GUN RIGHTS. That's an idiotic move on so many levels. It looks like she's going for a Fool's Mate on herself.

My current hope is that she goes down in flames before the convention and we get a competent politician instead of Hillary. I'll take pretty much anyone, from Sanders to Biden to Webb.

Webb is such a competent politician that he couldn't crack 1%, dropped out after raising about $20, and nearly lost his 2006 primary to a Some Dude lobbyist. lol. You realize he essentially endorsed Trump as well, right? I think that small detail would complicate matters.

Biden is such a competent politician that he dropped out in 1988 due to plagiarism, couldn't crack 1% in 2008 and dropped out after raising about $20, and didn't run this time because he knew Hillary would clean his clock, which he outright admitted.

I wasn't arguing they were good choices. I was trying to get across the idea that I'm convinced enough that Clinton is going to blow it that I'd prefer anyone else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies