AZ-PPP (2018): Flake in trouble?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:10:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-PPP (2018): Flake in trouble?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-PPP (2018): Flake in trouble?  (Read 1029 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2016, 07:53:48 AM »

Jeff Flake (R, inc.): 38%
Kyrsten Sinema (D): 36%

Flake approval rating: 27/41 (-14)

This race might get interesting if Trump wins in November. If Clinton wins, I'd rate it Likely R and almost certainly fool's gold for the Democrats.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_AZ_51916.pdf
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 10:49:44 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2016, 11:40:56 AM by Heisenberg »

This race might get interesting if Trump wins in November. If Clinton wins, I'd rate it Likely R and almost certainly fool's gold for the Democrats.
I agree.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 11:17:06 AM »

I like Sinema more in this race, surprisingly. Significantly better versed on foreign policy then Jeff Flake. That being said, I'd still support Flake over her because senate majority.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 11:29:00 AM »

I agree. Please don't let that atheist lesbian win statewide.

Really? You're really saying that. Well, okay then. Glad to know that I'm apparently the opposite of you on this.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 11:41:50 AM »

Really? You're really saying that. Well, okay then. Glad to know that I'm apparently the opposite of you on this.
Meant to say bisexual instead of lesbian. So sorry. (Got her mixed up with Tammy Baldwin for a second).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 11:48:44 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2016, 11:51:29 AM by Heisenberg »

I like Sinema more in this race, surprisingly. Significantly better versed on foreign policy then Jeff Flake. That being said, I'd still support Flake over her because senate majority.
Totally agree on the Senate Majority part. Even though I don't believe in straight ticket voting (in county and local level races etc. party affiliation is irrelevant to me) I'll admit to considering myself pretty partisan on House and Senate races for that reason. I'm also not too sure about some of Sinema's policies. I looked her up, and apparently she was ultra liberal in the state legislature. I think I read some comments about her anti-Israel past. She's also anti-death penalty and pro-abortion, two no-no's for me. I respect your opinion.
Here's an article on her flip-flop on Israel, one of our greatest allies.
http://www.jewishjournal.com/rosnersdomain/item/guest_post_can_jews_believe_kyrsten_sinema_20120805
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 12:50:44 PM »

Kyrsten Sinema is really hot and has a lot of promise, but I don't think I'd advise her to run statewide in Arizona in a Clinton midterm.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 01:00:50 PM »

Arizona is the ultimate Democrat Fool's Gold. Even if Trump loses it in November, it would be due to a lot of new voters flooding the booths to vote against Trump, and many of those probably won't turn out in the midterm. (As it stands, a lot of people are like that. I could be wrong, but I'd expect the majority of new "anti-Trump" voters to be like that.)
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 11:55:37 AM »

Arizona is slowly turning purple, so there's that too.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 12:00:38 PM »

Totally agree on the Senate Majority part. Even though I don't believe in straight ticket voting (in county and local level races etc. party affiliation is irrelevant to me) I'll admit to considering myself pretty partisan on House and Senate races for that reason. I'm also not too sure about some of Sinema's policies. I looked her up, and apparently she was ultra liberal in the state legislature. I think I read some comments about her anti-Israel past. She's also anti-death penalty and pro-abortion, two no-no's for me. I respect your opinion.
Here's an article on her flip-flop on Israel, one of our greatest allies.
http://www.jewishjournal.com/rosnersdomain/item/guest_post_can_jews_believe_kyrsten_sinema_20120805

She definitely has concerning record pre-congress, but she voted against the Iran Deal and supports foreign aid packages now, but that being said, so does Sen. Flake.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 12:24:09 PM »

Meant to say bisexual instead of lesbian. So sorry. (Got her mixed up with Tammy Baldwin for a second).

Still no points for you. Though she's proven to be pretty centrist in the House, at least.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 12:40:46 PM »

Just wondering why is Flake so unpopular?

He seems like one of the better and more proactive Senators.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 12:53:32 PM »

Just wondering why is Flake so unpopular?

He seems like one of the better and more proactive Senators.

Partisan Democrats dislike him, conservatives dislike him for being a 'RINO'.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies