Who is more likeable ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:45:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who is more likeable ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 106

Author Topic: Who is more likeable ?  (Read 3537 times)
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« on: May 22, 2016, 04:49:11 PM »

Personally? I find Clinton more "likable." But likable in a mass social way? Probably Trump.

And I mean it in this sense, in a Clodius Pulcher sort of way. The masses like him because of his debased character. The ascent the vacuous Trump can be a soothing balm others like him that also lack time honored virtues: empathy, integrity, intelligence, and prudence. This goes also with Bill Clinton's roguish appeal in the 1990s. People liked him all the more, because of his moral failings.

The mean sentiment of the "masses" hated Jimmy Carter because of his moral certainty. Is anyone else here old enough to remember Carter admitting he had committed adultery in his heart?To clarify, he admitted he has had lustful thoughts of women who were not his wife. While he is right, and covetous thoughts are adultery, that standard is not one I suspect most Americans wish to be held to account.

Yes, Clinton does not feel comfortable with the mob - but can you blame her?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies