Favorite MCU movie?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:14:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Favorite MCU movie?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Iron Man

The Incredble Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Captain America: The First Avenger

The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Thor: The Dark World

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man

Captain America: Civil War

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Favorite MCU movie?  (Read 645 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2016, 12:48:58 PM »

Mine is definitely Winter Soldier. It plays more like a espionage thriller than a superhero movie.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 01:03:40 PM »

Iron Man

It's the only one that isn't bloated by either too many characters or too many shoehorned in plot points.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 03:22:21 PM »

Winter Soldier/Guardians
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 03:23:37 PM »

Correct answer: All are trash.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »

Iron Man was truly an amazing movie, anyone that wants to make a cinematic universe should look to this as a first step. It focused on Tony Stark, and the characters around him, but also had a few moments that set up future films. Batman v Superman should've focused on the conflict of the two heroes instead of being a feature length DC Extended Universe trailer, Iron Man successfully avoided that, and gave us something amazing.

The Incredible Hulk was actually a pretty good movie, it wasn't the Hulk movie we wanted, but it still managed to entertain, and give us some good scenes. The only problem is that whether this movie is actually still a part of the MCU due to Marvel pretty much disowning it.

Iron Man 2 was trash, although Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer was pretty good, and it introduced Black Widow to us. The villain should've been Ezekial Stane.

Thor was a solid film, but forgettable. Each scene mattered, and it did portray Loki and Thor's rivalry quite well. Yet, it is still just a filler movie, made so people will know the villain, and the blonde guy is in Avengers.

Captain America is one the most different films out there. The action scenes were alright, but what really was impressive was the quiet scenes that showed us what kind of person Steve Rogers is. Possibly the only MCU movie that kept me interested without showy fight sequences.

Avengers, what many consider the best marvel movie ever, is Joss Whedon at his finest. We got to see the character dynamic created in Firefly applied to comic book characters in a big way. If the ending fight scene with the avengers working together didn't get you excited, than the argument scene must of shushed you with tension.

Iron Man 3. When I saw the trailer of this movie with my dad, he exclaimed "this is going to be the best superhero movie ever." It wasn't. Definately my least favorite MCU film; what they did to Mandarin is unforgivable. That said, at least the first 30 minutes or so was pretty good.

Thor 2 was a less entertaining Thor 1.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a really awesome movie. It takes the quiet moments of the first one, and adds amazing action to the mix. After seeing this movie, the Russo brothers quickly became my favorite directing duo.

Guardians of the Galaxy should've failed, it should've been marvel first box office flop. Then it became one of it's most entertaining movies. The perfect casting choice of Chris Pratt as Star-Lord is all they needed for this movie to be good. Only one problem, James Gunn messed up the Nova Corps, I hope he fixes them in number 2.

Avengers: Age of Ultron is, in my opinion, better than the first avengers film. Every new character introduced was amazing, in fact, the film was so good that it made Hawkeye more cool.

Ant-Man is basically Iron Man, but smaller. While it'll never get the legendary status of Iron Man, it is better than that film in some ways. The funny parts are funnier, the cinematography is better, and the final battle is better.

Captain America: Civil War feels like the movie Marvel has been building up to. The giant white letters telling us when we are in a new place or time is the only bad part of the film. We finally got the Spider-Man we've been waiting for, and the airport fight scene is the best fight scene in MCU history. Russo brothers continued to deliver on great battles, and improved on the smaller conversation scenes. I vied for this movie.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 09:46:58 PM »

Winter Soldier is still #1 for me, followed by the first Avengers and then either by Guardians or Civil War.

All of them are better than the trash that will be the DC Universe though...quite disappointing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies