Renegade Jew Strikes Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:36:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Renegade Jew Strikes Again
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Renegade Jew Strikes Again  (Read 1229 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2016, 05:03:03 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What's wrong with this guy and the other Never Trump people? Don't they see that opposing Trump is a sure way to have Hillary elected? Do they think they can control her? Her, a despotic tyrant?

This is from the May 30 issue. By the time this gets out, the Never Trump movement might officially be over.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/a-choice-not-an-echo/article/2002482

Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 05:52:02 AM »

What's wrong with this guy and the other Never Trump people? Don't they see that opposing Trump is a sure way to have Hillary elected?

That's the idea. The Never Trump crowd is smart. A third party run would be designed to either elect Hillary (without going forward with the political suicide of publicly supporting her) ...or throw the race to the House so that they can get past that pesky 'election' thing and install an establishment yes-man as President.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 07:51:41 AM »

What's wrong with this guy and the other Never Trump people? Don't they see that opposing Trump is a sure way to have Hillary elected?

That's the idea. The Never Trump crowd is smart. A third party run would be designed to either elect Hillary (without going forward with the political suicide of publicly supporting her) ...or throw the race to the House so that they can get past that pesky 'election' thing and install an establishment yes-man as President.

A third party conservative run isn't going to throw the election to the House.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 07:57:51 AM »

The House is not free to elect any man. They have to choose between the three top-electoral vote getters.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 08:01:16 AM »

Yes, that's sort of the point.

Do they think they can control her? Her, a despotic tyrant?

No. That's not why a sizable segment of conservatives prefer her to Trump.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 08:07:57 AM »

Yes, that's sort of the point.

Do they think they can control her? Her, a despotic tyrant?

No. That's not why a sizable segment of conservatives prefer her to Trump.

Her rule will be the end of conservatism as you know it. The USA will become as decadent as Europe.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 09:04:59 AM »

Of course the #NeverTrump movement is not worried about electability at all (they know that Trump can win), it's all about controlling him. Most of them are Bush-/Cheney-type neocons.

The War Party never sleeps.

Those folks, the true neocons, will be fine with Hillary.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 09:15:08 AM »

There are three reasons for #NeverTrump Republicans to want a third party "true conservative" candidate to run, even though they'd have no chance of winning:

-It creates a "nuclear bunker" for this splinter section of the party.  In the event that Trump goes full Akin and becomes toxic for the party, then there'll at least be a flag to rally around for this splinter group of the party that's sealed off from Trump, and can help rebuild the party, post-2016.

-In the event that Trump proves toxic not just for a splinter group of Republican elites but also a splinter group of Republican *voters*, it creates an added presidential option for voters, lessening any potential dropoff in turnout, so that people still show up at the polls to vote for downballot Republicans.

-For some of the #NeverTrumpers, Clinton winning is absolutely preferable to Trump winning (and a 3rd party candidacy a way to help make that happen), because Trump winning would remake the GOP in Trump's image, whereas Trump losing would give them (#NeverTrump elites) a better chance of continuing to hold influence within the party.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 09:19:06 AM »

Renegade Jew?  Was this thread hacked?

If not, I think this is the only appropriate response:

I stumbled to my feet
 I rode past destruction in the ditches
 With the stitches still mending ’neath a heart-shaped tattoo
Renegade priests and treacherous young witches
 Were handing out the flowers that I’d given to you
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 09:29:15 AM »

Renegade Jew?  Was this thread hacked?

It's a reference to this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/16/breitbart-headline-labels-bill-kristol-a-renegade-jew-for-opposing-donald-trump/
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 09:31:38 AM »

There are three reasons for #NeverTrump Republicans to want a third party "true conservative" candidate to run, even though they'd have no chance of winning:

-It creates a "nuclear bunker" for this splinter section of the party.  In the event that Trump goes full Akin and becomes toxic for the party, then there'll at least be a flag to rally around for this splinter group of the party that's sealed off from Trump, and can help rebuild the party, post-2016.

-In the event that Trump proves toxic not just for a splinter group of Republican elites but also a splinter group of Republican *voters*, it creates an added presidential option for voters, lessening any potential dropoff in turnout, so that people still show up at the polls to vote for downballot Republicans.

-For some of the #NeverTrumpers, Clinton winning is absolutely preferable to Trump winning (and a 3rd party candidacy a way to help make that happen), because Trump winning would remake the GOP in Trump's image, whereas Trump losing would give them (#NeverTrump elites) a better chance of continuing to hold influence within the party.

I count on them being rational. What good is influence within the party if the party is without influence?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 09:46:46 AM »

Thanks. I was wondering if the OP thought that Paul Ryan was Jewish.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 10:20:44 AM »

I have no reason to believe Kristol is doing anything other than trolling and agitating.  The ability to begin and run a viable national third party campaign will very soon be all but forclosed, and no one has even hinted at being willing to step up to home plate and run the gauntlet.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 10:58:41 AM »

A trump supporter who's anti-Semitic? Yeah, that's really going to encourage me to come over to Trump.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 11:56:52 AM »

Is there any relation to the Alpha Jews?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 11:57:41 AM »

A trump supporter who's anti-Semitic? Yeah, that's really going to encourage me to come over to Trump.

^ This.

I am proud to be a #RenegadeJew.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 12:02:33 PM »

Wait, so Jews who don't support Trump are Renegade Jews? I guess I'll have to hop on the Renegade Jew Train.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 12:37:36 PM »

Is that any relation to the Alpha course?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 12:50:23 PM »

Wait, so Jews who don't support Trump are Renegade Jews? I guess I'll have to hop on the Renegade Jew Train.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 04:22:48 PM »

It would be interesting to see a poll of the Jewish voting intentions. My fellow tribesmen may be quite unified at this point.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 06:00:42 PM »

It would be interesting to see a poll of the Jewish voting intentions. My fellow tribesmen may be quite unified at this point.
It's usually 80-20 or so, I'd suspect higher this year.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies