Labor Party HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:19:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Labor Party HQ  (Read 9559 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2017, 10:58:06 PM »

Ask and ye shall receive:

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2017, 11:17:28 PM »

yay thanks! (still not removing the graffitied campaign banner though Sad)
at least not for a while
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2017, 04:31:36 PM »

Good God it's been a while. Hello fellow Laborites! I've once again (at no surprise to anyone) returned following a prolonged absence from this site.

Now, where's the bar?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »

Good God it's been a while. Hello fellow Laborites! I've once again (at no surprise to anyone) returned following a prolonged absence from this site.

Now, where's the bar?

Glorious news! Welcome back Barnes! Enjoy an ethical drink courtesy of our loving unions

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2017, 05:46:54 PM »

So basically what's changed is they reset the government and also now the Southern government was taken over by libs for the first time in like ever.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2017, 01:55:27 AM »

Announcement

As Chair of the Labor party, in accordance with the party by-laws I have received two motions to expel 1184AZ from the Labor Party. The Labor National Committee will be holding a meeting to discuss this motion.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2017, 10:15:47 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2017, 10:30:17 AM »

With all due respect, I certainly don't believe a Laborite should be expelled for voting for a conservative, even if it is someone like Santander.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2017, 11:00:42 AM by Blair »

With all due respect, I certainly don't believe a Laborite should be expelled for voting for a conservative, even if it is someone like Santander.

His voting record is not the primary issue that has been flagged up for concern; but rather a very long running lack of trust from people across the party.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2017, 11:02:16 AM »

His voting record is not the primary issue that has been flagged up for concern; but rather a very long running lack of trust from people across the party.
Can we have cited examples of that?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »

Working on it all now. Will post shortly
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2017, 06:02:04 AM »

I don't want to rehash this situation, now that it's resolved itself but I thought I'd post this here for Labor members.

Disclaimer: I'm someone who ran against the sitting President of my own, and the person who built the entire party; I'm not here to give lectures about any one person 'towing the party line'. Over my time as Chair there have been countless times where Laborites have not voted for the Labor candidates; and I'd never dream of expelling someone for that.

This was a long term breakdown of trust between multiple members of Labor, and AZ.

1.) The entire debacle of him leaving labor, then endorsing me, then running as an independent, then rejoining labor etc back in October certainly didn't inspire any confidence. I got us to put that behind us, and sent him a PM saying 'let's draw a line under the sand', and that appeared to be working for a bit... but since then there's been an endless list of problems.

2.) There's evidence, (which I have logs for) that he tried to leak information, and suspicions that this leaking has occurred within the last months. It got to the extent where people would not publicly on #Labor when AZ was in the chat, because we suspected the information (e.g remaining votes, who's running etc) would get leaked.

3.) When confronted about said behavior I've seen at least two instances where AZ lied about his actions. Again I have the logs to prove such actions.

4.)In the last week alone he smeared a Labor official, and from what I've seen, possibly worked with members of another party to try and get an unnamed official in Labor to launch a 'coup against said offical.

5.) I would have been fine if he'd given a 1st to Leinad/Yankee etc (as several laborites did) But it was that Laborites had asked him how he was going to vote, which he didn't say and then waited until the last minute to place a bomb under our entire quest to get back the House.  After several people spend hours over the weekend, and before then working on this, you can see why it frustrated us.

This was not a one-off incident, but rather a never ending series of events, that were still sparking up just last week. The 5 above points were just stuff that I was able to find from my own PMs, and I know that other people in Labor themselves, have similar complaints and incidents involving AZ and Labor.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2017, 10:55:16 PM »

Okay, here's my two cents:

The issue here IS NOT how AZ voted, even though it is shocking, saddening and ironic that he would vote for a guy he attempted to banish from this party. We are a party of many ideas and backgrounds, and I do not expect any of us to all agree on one candidate. This is about the basic trust between what I consider to be our Labor family.

There are already multiple examples of statements made by AZ, against many of our party (including myself), even supposed coup attempts, defamation of character, upon the multitudes of other things that are just, to put it in simple terms "not nice". And these range from small to large, annoying to terrifying, upsetting to depressing, what have you. But the fundamental question we're debating here is, how far is too far, and if this doesn't - what does qualify someone for being kicked out of a party.

First off, why I think this has hit a nerve for those that have supported a vote against Mr. AZ, is the real lack of respect many have for those that try to get them elected. AZ has run multiple times for Congress, and many have spent hours of their lives attempting to get him elected, because we are a family and we work for the benefit of each other. And I am again, not saying, that we all have to agree or because of those person's efforts, do their bidding. No. It's just basic respect, like not backstabbing those individuals, or purposefully doing harm to them. Mr. AZ has broken this basic bond of respect.

But I think this underscores a bigger issue than just AZ, or any individual. Where does anyone draw the line. If consistently voting against (and leaving) a party, being pretty much beholden to the opposition, ignoring inquires in basic attempts at communication from other members of the party, and lying about the rationale. Like, I really do not think we'd have had a problem had AZ said to me or somebody, "Hey I am planning on voting for X Federalist (non-Laborite), thoughts?" Or something along those lines. Of course, the response would be of the "here's why not or why this (Labor) candidate". But at least there is discussion, and attempts at respect on all sides.

Currently, if it does come to a vote, I'll vote against just because of the slight glimmering hope that AZ comes to his senses and realizes the seeming manipulation of himself by those that seek Labor's pain. And due to my disinterest with setting precedent by shutting people out of the party (if we couldn't even get Santander out, I just don't want to start) But you can best bet, that if he stays in the party, and continues this path -  he can say goodbye to any chance at being elected with it's endorsement or members.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2017, 10:57:39 PM »

The issue here IS NOT how AZ voted, even though it is shocking, saddening and ironic that he would vote for a guy he attempted to banish from this party. We are a party of many ideas and backgrounds, and I do not expect any of us to all agree on one candidate. This is about the basic trust between what I consider to be our Labor family.

There are already multiple examples of statements made by AZ, against many of our party (including myself), even supposed coup attempts, defamation of character, upon the multitudes of other things that are just, to put it in simple terms "not nice". And these range from small to large, annoying to terrifying, upsetting to depressing, what have you. But the fundamental question we're debating here is, how far is too far, and if this doesn't - what does qualify someone for being kicked out of a party.

First off, why I think this has hit a nerve for those that have supported a vote against Mr. AZ, is the real lack of respect many have for those that try to get them elected. AZ has run multiple times for Congress, and many have spent hours of their lives attempting to get him elected, because we are a family and we work for the benefit of each other. And I am again, not saying, that we all have to agree or because of those person's efforts, do their bidding. No. It's just basic respect, like not backstabbing those individuals, or purposefully doing harm to them. Mr. AZ has broken this basic bond of respect.

But I think this underscores a bigger issue than just AZ, or any individual. Where does anyone draw the line. If consistently voting against (and leaving) a party, being pretty much beholden to the opposition, ignoring inquires in basic attempts at communication from other members of the party, and lying about the rationale. Like, I really do not think we'd have had a problem had AZ said to me or somebody, "Hey I am planning on voting for X Federalist (non-Laborite), thoughts?" Or something along those lines. Of course, the response would be of the "here's why not or why this (Labor) candidate". But at least there is discussion, and attempts at respect on all sides.

Currently, if it does come to a vote, I'll vote against just because of the slight glimmering hope that AZ comes to his senses and realizes the seeming manipulation of himself by those that seek Labor's pain. And due to my disinterest with setting precedent by shutting people out of the party (if we couldn't even get Santander out, I just don't want to start) But you can best bet, that if he stays in the party, and continues this path -  he can say goodbye to any chance at being elected with it's endorsement or members.
He already left the party Tongue
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2017, 11:01:12 PM »

He already left the party Tongue

Wrote it up on my phone hours ago, and was clearing out things. I am always late to the party. My phone's a Samsung so before it blew up in flames, I was posting all my lunch posts.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2017, 02:20:17 AM »

The people's flag is deepest red
It shrouded oft our martyred dead
And ere their limbs grew stiff and cold
Their hearts' blood dyed to every fold

Then raise the scarlet standard high
Beneath it's folds we'll live and die
Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer
We'll keep the red flag flying here

It waved above our infant might
When all ahead seemed dark as night
It witnessed many a deed and vow
We must not change it's color now

It well recalls the triumphs past
It gives the hope of peace at last
The banner bright the symbol plain
Of human right and human gain

It suits today the meek and base
Whose minds are fixed on pelf and place
To cringe beneath the rich man's frown
And haul that sacred emblem down

With heads uncovered swear we all
To bare it onward till we fall
Come dungeons dark or gallows grim
This song shall be our parting hymn

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2017, 02:22:18 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EtdB6RTbEI
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2017, 02:46:35 AM »

https://youtu.be/XNhcKj9CvOA

"Three cheers for international socialism!"
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2017, 09:48:52 AM »

LLR is appointed to fill Simossad seat in the House.

This will be my second last action as chair as I'll also be opening up the thread for the party convention
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2017, 10:29:50 AM »

Thank you for the honor of being able to serve our people again. I will make you proud.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies